Why is everyone mad about Tracer's skin but not Rein?

General Discussion
01/24/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Chaghatai
01/24/2017 04:55 AMPosted by TerrorK

How exactly does Tracer fit into a Year of the Rooster event linked to Asian countries?

Widowmaker being French is at least linked to roosters, so she at least has a logical reason for why she could get a skin, even if it's just a recolour.

Skins only drop during events - they aren't all directly themed to the event - a non-event, non-holiday skin will still wait for an event to drop

That doesn't really address the issue. Because right now it seems like Blizzard are just going "Tracer is Tracer, so she's getting one regardless of whether it fits or not" with this event, while a characters that could be logically linked to the event (i.e. Widowmaker) are being left out in the cold.

It's like with every event their main priority is "Okay... what can we give Tracer?" instead of "Okay... which characters would most suit this event?"
01/24/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Jessicka
Reinhardt and Roadhog that bug me

Roadhog fits perfectly into journey to the west.

Posted by TerrorK
Widowmaker being French is at least linked to roosters,

Please explain?

gallic rooster.
01/24/2017 04:55 AMPosted by Grevier
Ye I mean... they still haven't given Rein a broadsword!

A dinky broadsword?? Reinhardt would wield an ultra greatsword!

Give him the Fume Knight sword.

http://i.imgur.com/aRGrzrB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UgikqyL.jpg
01/24/2017 05:14 AMPosted by TerrorK
01/24/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Chaghatai

Skins only drop during events - they aren't all directly themed to the event - a non-event, non-holiday skin will still wait for an event to drop

That doesn't really address the issue. Because right now it seems like Blizzard are just going "Tracer is Tracer, so she's getting one regardless of whether it fits or not" with this event, while a characters that could be logically linked to the event (i.e. Widowmaker) are being left out in the cold.

It's like with every event their main priority is "Okay... what can we give Tracer?" instead of "Okay... which characters would most suit this event?"

Tracer didn't get anything during Halloween.
01/24/2017 05:12 AMPosted by Awkward
Widowmaker being French is at least linked to roosters,

Please explain?

The Gallic Rooster is the unofficial national symbol of France. The rooster was featured on the reverse of French 20-franc gold pieces from 1899 to 1914. After World War I it was depicted on countless war memorials. Today, it is often used as a national mascot, particularly in sporting events.
01/24/2017 05:16 AMPosted by Bluepurple
gallic rooster.

The Gallic rooster (French: le coq gaulois) is an unofficial national symbol of France as a nation, as opposed to Marianne representing France as a State, and its values: the Republic. The rooster is also the symbol of the Wallonia region and the French Community of Belgium.

TIL
01/24/2017 05:05 AMPosted by HANA
Roadhog: 12 skins, 5 legendaries
Rein: 13 skins, 6 legendaries
Tracer: 14 skins, 8 legendaries

I am sorry, why should be mad at rein again?

Tracer and Rein each have essentially recolours bumping up their legendaries.

The extra legendary that Tracer has (origins) is... well.. it's because she's literally the face of the game.

In terms of how 'favoured' she is being during events she's basically on par with Rein, Mercy and Roadhog, except for the Summer one giving recolours too.
Because people are used to it. You aren´t allowed to complain about Reinhardt.
01/24/2017 04:51 AMPosted by Awkward
Why are people so salty that X character has more skins/potg intros/emotes than their favourite character?

I'd rather Blizzard just make good skins, emotes, whatever, than just say "Well...Widowmaker hasn't got a skin yet so she's getting one regardless of whether it fits or not".
Well, they just said:
"Well... Tracer, we need to give her a skin regardless of whether it fits or not"
HUH. I didn't even realise Reinhardt had that many event skins.

Maybe its because Tracer got more legendaries? Out of the last three event, she got a legendary in two, whereas Reinhardt got epic skins and emotes, which don't feel as important.
01/24/2017 05:05 AMPosted by HANA
Roadhog: 12 skins, 5 legendaries
Rein: 13 skins, 6 legendaries
Tracer: 14 skins, 8 legendaries

I am sorry, why should be mad at rein again?

Sure, by pure skin numbers you easily win.

But then again, Rein has 2 more emotes and a pose than Tracer.

and Rein actually has 7 legendary skins (including the new one coming today)

Also the 2 of legendary skins for Tracer is a complete recolor of another skin and the other is a horrible looking Origins skin which many others got.

But yeah, pure skin numbers you win, but i like thinking further than that.
The better question would be: "Why is everybody mad about getting free !@#$?"
I can't tell if that's actually a recolor or not. The screen looks too dark to actually tell.

Even so, if blizz did give the recolor to a more deserving character, what would people say then? I mean.. they haven't received any legendaries in the past three events, why are they getting a recolor? (god forbid if it's bad, or like mei's WW one)

I'm all for all the characters getting new skins. I'd rather they come when they're appropriate than when called for.
You realize people complain just to complain when their complaints are base on getting too many skins.
01/24/2017 04:43 AMPosted by Skye
Rein got as much cosmetics stuff as Tracer, let's check.

Reinhardt

Got the Balderich skin
Epic Halloween skin
Now the coming event skin
He also has 2 more emotes than Tracer and 1 more pose....

Tracer has

Summer legendary skin
Xmas legendary skin
Now the coming epic skin
and 2 more highlight intros than Rein (he might actually get a new emote and an intro this event too, we don't know yet)

So, they're pretty much even, why the hate on Tracer? i think Roadhog is there
with them too...

Cus they are joining the hate train without thinking.
How exactly does Tracer fit into a Year of the Rooster event linked to Asian countries?

How does Mercy? Or Bastion?

I don't know about mercy, but I'm pretty sure bastion was made in china because he dies so easily.
01/24/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Kipster
We paid for the game...
01/24/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Kipster

Because it's not the free !@#$ they wanted. You know the saying "Beggars can be choosers."
Because...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTv_VcMRoJw
She is the mascot of the game and also they already stated it that they like to work on Tracer and thats probably a huge factor.