Genji Edge Boost REMOVED

General Discussion
If you do not know what exactly I am talking about, there is this glitch where if you jump, swift strike, line up your cross hair, hold space bar, start the climbing animation, release every key at the same time. Genji gets a possible huge leap in velocity. In the latest update, I couldn't do this at all.
Doing this glitch takes skill. Not everyone could do it. It took me about one hour to get relatively good at it and land it consistently (and I still can't get it every time). Genji is a ninja. He takes a lot of skill. People like to play him because people like to feel like ninjas and for that high risk high reward game play. Genji is not OP as we speak. Soldier can get a lot done more consistently than Genji. Blizz pls fix.
Good.
You said it. "Doing this glitch". Glitch fixed.
As a Genji / Widow main:
I'm glad they removed it. It's not a bug that felt good to use, honestly. I think they oughta' fix all the bugs that Genji has and give him triple jump back, then he'd probably be in a good spot, but seriously, don't even say you like Genji on these forums, you'll get flamed immediately.
...why're people bringing this up and not bringing up his bugged ultimate. No damage swings man.

That one was bound to bite the dust sooner or later.
12/20/2016 09:06 PMPosted by Synkro
You said it. "Doing this glitch". Glitch fixed.
There are many glitches in games that were embraced by their developers and made features. For example, the spy from Team Fortress 2 came out of a glitch (In TFC) where players mysteriously appeared as the friendly model through the other team's eyes leaving the glitched player to kill as he/she pleased with enemies confused.
It's a glitch that's not supposed to be in the game, deal with it.
Oh hello internet explorer.
They arent going to bring it back even though it did nothing but was fun and you could get into cool places or just fly high. But it was a bug and blizzard hate glitches. Hopefully genji gets some love next patch because at the moment he can't kill much.
12/21/2016 12:11 AMPosted by Alexmeister
They arent going to bring it back even though it did nothing but was fun and you could get into cool places or just fly high. But it was a bug and blizzard hate glitches. Hopefully genji gets some love next patch because at the moment he can't kill much.

When the pitchfork mob downvotes a top 500 player for no apparent reason.
12/21/2016 12:07 AMPosted by Kyaw
It's a glitch that's not supposed to be in the game, deal with it.

Thing is, it didn't do much to begin with other than launching Genji to potentially good spots at the cost of his only escape option. It was high risk in my opinion, and served as an option in a situation where the timer is ticking down before Overtime.
it's one of those glitches i didn't really mind. i wouldn't mind if they bring it ack honestly.
genji doesnt need a lot of skill to play. all you main genji basicly rely on people not being able to aim thats all. there is no any skill in playing genji
12/21/2016 03:55 AMPosted by BigPerson
genji doesnt need a lot of skill to play. all you main genji basicly rely on people not being able to aim thats all. there is no any skill in playing genji

So you're telling me that in a game where teamwork and coordination is key, you don't need skill to play a hero. Please tell me more.
12/21/2016 12:18 AMPosted by Sk1ppeR
12/21/2016 12:11 AMPosted by Alexmeister

When the pitchfork mob downvotes a top 500 player for no apparent reason.

Because literally everything he said was wrong (besides the bit about them not bringing it back)

and just because he may be less prominent in the 3 tank meta does not mean he is useless and needs buffs (if that was the case more than half the roster needs buffs before genji does)
This is the same thing that happened with the animation cancelling. Blizzard doesn't want characters to have hidden abilities/glitches that give a major advantage and is harder to learn for other players.

Animation cancelling was a glitch that gave you a pretty good advantage and took a while to learn. Edge boost was a glitch that gave you a pretty good advantage and took a while to learn. I'm just surprised it took this long to fix it.
As much as I enjoy playing Genji and found the ledge jump interesting and challenging, it is, by definition, a glitch. It should have been fixed.

If they reintroduced it as a feature, I wouldn't mind. But I think we'll see the return of the triple jump before we see this.
12/21/2016 04:00 AMPosted by Marki9029
12/21/2016 03:55 AMPosted by BigPerson

So you're telling me that in a game where teamwork and coordination is key, you don't need skill to play a hero. Please tell me more.

Well maybe calling with teamamte on when to ult and all that stuff, you are right, but actualy playing as genji in 1v1 or something, its oure cancer of you hoping not to get hit
Genji had two bugs removed, and both times Genji mains complained that it was ruining him.

Isn't it kind of sad when you're essentially admitting that you were relying on bugs to play the game well?
Being able to clear over half of some maps in just a couple of seconds was clearly a broken possibility.

I'd like for edge boosting to come back if the possible horizontal distance was severely nerfed and it was primarily only for a vertical boost.