REPLAY

General Discussion
In game system that works like Sports games (Maddens,NBA,NHL,The Show) capable of saving w/ movable camera and slow, rewind and all.

I want to rewatch games from every possible angle not just my own point of view repeatedly.
This is a feature we very much want as well. It's a very challenging and large feature from a development standpoint. We've done a lot of the groundwork to help make this happen. We're really hoping to get it in someday, work is being done, but it's not on the immediate horizon.
12/08/2016 08:30 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
This is a feature we very much want as well. It's a very challenging and large feature from a development standpoint. We've done a lot of the groundwork to help make this happen. We're really hoping to get it in someday, work is being done, but it's not on the immediate horizon.
I believe in you Jeff and the rest of the devs on Overwatch to actually make it happen! Unlike other games that said they would do this and 6 years later still don't have it e.e (I'am looking at you League of Legends)

Epic news :D

Honestly, this would probably go heavily toward a lot of things. From E-sports, to spectating someone you suspect is a hacker but want to see the whole match, not just a finicky kill cam; pull up a another one of that persons matches to see it even, perhaps. View your friends big comp match last week and try to analyze why he lost - why you lost, ect.

In the meantime, are there any plans for exporting or preserving highlights? It is a shame that they are only saved for the duration of a single game session.
In game highlight exporting would be excellent, I use Shadowplay currently when anything worth giving a damn about happens. It works just fine for me right now though.
12/08/2016 08:40 AMPosted by JSA20022
In game highlight exporting would be excellent, I use Shadowplay currently when anything worth giving a damn about happens. It works just fine for me right now though.

Saving and/or exporting highlights is also on our list. We consider this a completely different feature from the Replay request above. This one is also actively being worked on. Highlight sharing/saving/exporting (whatever exact form it takes) will come before Replays.
12/08/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Saving and/or exporting highlights is also on our list. We consider this a completely different feature from the Replay request above. This one is also actively being worked on. Highlight sharing/saving/exporting (whatever exact form it takes) will come before Replays.

Good stuff. Thank you for the update!
WoW, cant believe you responded. Tyvm for such. I really hope it works out and is possible to have one day. Everyone alrdy knows how cool replay features can be. Let alone sharing such like if I wanted to replay a PC pro game utilizing such would be amazing.
12/08/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Kuga

In the meantime, are there any plans for exporting or preserving highlights? It is a shame that they are only saved for the duration of a single game session.

This. I'd really love to be able to export and save my highlights for later viewing or to put on youtube. Another thing that would be kind of cool is youtube integration, allowing you to upload your highlights directly to youtube from in-game. I've played a few games that have allowed you to do this. Off the top of my head, Ultra Street Fighter IV had a youtube integration that allowed you to upload replays of your matches to youtube from the game.
Will there also be an auto export function when the highlight save is added?
12/08/2016 08:33 AMPosted by CriticalCody
Unlike other games that said they would do this and 6 years later still don't have it e.e (I'am looking at you League of Legends)

Don't ever take Blizzard saying they're going to implement something at face value.
How's that appear offline feature going?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315730
Unlike other games that said they would do this and 6 years later still don't have it e.e (I'am looking at you League of Legends)

They have it now on the alpha client ^^

When that happens, I foresee Youtube crashing as billions of mediocre OW highlights (mine included) get uploaded all at once.

"Their uploading all at once was as the sound of derping heard remote."

This would really help with Machinima!
12/08/2016 09:11 AMPosted by SongZee

You could also use NVIDIA Share or Razer Cortex.
12/08/2016 09:04 AMPosted by Quadstriker

Don't ever take Blizzard saying they're going to implement something at face value.
How's that appear offline feature going?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315730
It might not even be technically possible due to some sort of limitation. As far as Im aware it would be the 1st ever to do such. Ive never seen online replays. Only the offline version in sports games. Not sure what exactly would be holding it back from becoming a reality in the future.

YAY !

I will waiting for !
12/08/2016 09:12 AMPosted by elgrandenoob
12/08/2016 09:11 AMPosted by SongZee

You could also use NVIDIA Share or Razer Cortex.

I meant the ability to move the camera.

I believe Call of Duty Black Ops team has gotten at the time the replay factor to perfection.. Maybe you guys should collaborate with them ^_^(just on that... don't take too much from COD!!)