Tracer is gay/bi confirmed

General Discussion
1 2 3 438 Next
Highly Rated
My girlfriend and I just gasped when we saw the page haha thank you for the little Christmas present blizz!

Edit: I didn't realize I'd get so much hate from a thank you >~< but it is what it is.

Anyway I don't think this was a necessary thing but it was nice to see representation in such a popular game. The fact that she's gay shouldn't change anything and won't change anything. I just thought it was a nice touch.

Edit2: looking at all these comments....what have I done?
Highly Rated
ok
Highly Rated
12/20/2016 10:47 AMPosted by winter
It's a Christmas present if someone in a virtual world has the same sexual preference as you? You really need to get out more.

Jeez I just thought it was nice. Sorry if I offended you or annoyed you. It isn't intentional
Highly Rated
what's with all the hate, smh
Highly Rated
12/20/2016 10:48 AMPosted by HANA
If you are going to make a clickbait, at least dare to elaborate.

Tracer is gay.

Source: http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-reflections
No one cares about you or your girlfriend
Truthfully why does it matter if a video game character is/is not? Does it change something about killing other people in a video game if that character is? I can see for movie or tv show plots but this is a FPS.

**EDIT** I'm truly amazed at the down votes asking a question.
Why exactly are people happy about that? Or, for that matter, sad.

Its like being happy that a person has indeed 2 eyes. Or they can write the word "Hello". You make it sound like this is something special. It might have been 20 years ago, but at this point its the most usual imaginable.
Highly Rated
Oh, there was a comic? Let me see what is all the fuss about.
Highly Rated
Hope people dont make such a big deal about it.. its cool but i can see people getting upset about it just because thats the world we live in now :(
12/20/2016 10:48 AMPosted by Kagrenac
12/20/2016 10:47 AMPosted by winter
It's a Christmas present if someone in a virtual world has the same sexual preference as you? You really need to get out more.

Jeez I just thought it was nice. Sorry if I offended you or annoyed you. It isn't intentional

I'm not offended, I don't even care. I don't care about the age, aesthetics, gender or sexual preference of video game characters. They are characters in a video game.

Why people make a big deal out of Tracer having a girlfriend? I don't know. I honestly think people are just really lonely or confide too much into the games they play. Anyways, merry xmas to you and your gay lover though.
Highly Rated
12/20/2016 10:56 AMPosted by winter
12/20/2016 10:48 AMPosted by Kagrenac

I'm not offended, I don't even care. I don't care about the age, aesthetics, gender or sexual preference of video game characters. They are characters in a video game.

Why people make a big deal out of Tracer having a girlfriend? I don't know. I honestly think people are just really lonely or confide too much into the games they play. Anyways, merry xmas to you and your gay lover though.

Well I thank you for the elaboration and merry Christmas to you as well
12/20/2016 10:55 AMPosted by jayjaysaMa
Hope people dont make such a big deal about it.. its cool but i can see people getting upset about it just because thats the world we live in now :(

Yeah it's a bit sad but hey this shouldn't effect the game in any way ^^
Why does it matter what a FPS video game character's sexuality is?
Highly Rated
To Hell with the haters. I get where you're coming from. Anyone who has friends or loved ones who know what it's like to feel un-represented will understand. Everybody looks for connections in stories; we look for pieces of our own understanding in the material, creating a link to it. It's how good storytelling works.

Offering people from a different demographic that connection is a worthwhile thing. So Tracer is bi or lesbian. It's not a big deal to some, but it's easy to see why it puts a smile on the face of others. (Not the creepy internet gang, either)
Highly Rated
Tracer and her girlfriend look so happy and cute together. I hope we'll se more relationhips, not only the romantic ones. And I love how differently Overwatch characters value their family, friends, etc. Blizzard did really amazing job on this comic :-D
Highly Rated
I'm glad your happy as well, op! I hope you and your girlfriend have a very Merry Christmas! (Or whatever holiday you celebrate, point is, I hope you're as happy as can be!)