Where's "Hook 2.0"?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
I wanna see it too so I can go back to him to punish/ambush the Rambos of OW who are too busy chasing my healer to bother noticing me.

You know, exactly what he's designed for in all his opportunistic hog-ness.. this coming from a trying-to-be-Zenyatta main.
01/03/2017 12:38 PMPosted by WackoJack
I hope they remove the stun.

Lol just think for a few more seconds about that. That means half the heroes in the game will have a way to completely stop the combo. D.va would eat the shot. Zarya would self-bubble the shot. Genji would deflect the shot. Mei would ice-block. McCree would flashbang. Etc. The stun is necessary.
01/03/2017 02:35 PMPosted by OldSoldier
Roadhog hooks seriously shouldn't have a 6 seconds cooldown. It should be at least 8 seconds since it is a game changing skill
Roadhog revolves around his hook. If it's 8 or even 10 seconds then he'll just sit there more often.

Maybe a better way might be to have his hook reset if it hits a target but have it on a 15 second cool down if it misses. The only issue with that is if it misses then he'll be useless for 15 seconds. But it would encourage counter play.
Hook should not be guaranteed kill from hog
01/03/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Hewber
It's not.
01/03/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Hewber
Compare it to widowmaker. It's only a "guaranteed" kill on 200 hp or less targets. And it's not guaranteed because it can be stopped by multiple abilities. Zarya shields are common. D.va right click and Mei walls are other ways. Booping him messes up his aim too. With widowmaker, you instantly die if you are at 250 hp or less and she gets a headshot. With hog, your team actually has a chance to save you. Also, his hook is on cooldown and it's a projectile, while widowmaker can spam shots and she's hitscan. Only advantage for hog is that the hook hitbox is bigger than the head of course.
I hope they change the mechanic entirely instead of just a cooldown increase, in my opinion the hook is too rewarding for too low risk
01/03/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Stikk
I love seeing people cry about being hooked lol. L2Dodge, stop blaming "hitboxes" and "bugs" lol.

Toodles!

Luv u man
They need to adjust its hitbox, so it wont yank people out of line of sight. Roadhogs hook still rewards the player, if his aim is way off. Super easy to get above 50% hook accuracy even without practice. An insta gib ability should be hard to land.
People give Hanzo flag for scatter, which is way harder to hit than the hook and on a higher cooldown.
01/03/2017 02:46 PMPosted by MMZephyr
01/03/2017 12:38 PMPosted by WackoJack
I hope they remove the stun.

Lol just think for a few more seconds about that. That means half the heroes in the game will have a way to completely stop the combo. D.va would eat the shot. Zarya would self-bubble the shot. Genji would deflect the shot. Mei would ice-block. McCree would flashbang. Etc. The stun is necessary.

You could just not shoot immediately. There shouldn't be a combo that insta-kills so much of the cast. It forces a target away from their team, and into Hog's most deadly range. That's pretty strong on it's own.
01/03/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Hamburgerkin
I uh, don't think that the hook itself will be chagned, just the hitboxes, if that makes sense.

Might be wrong.

Fixing Roadhog's hook involves a number of changes in how it calculates target, hits, and where pulls end.

Biggest change for me is that they end the bull!@#$ where Hog's hook can ignore physical barriers if you aim over them.
01/03/2017 02:39 PMPosted by Zeal
Targets hooked are dead even if Hog misses as they get pulled into the enemy camp and usually get obliterated by focus fire from 3-4 different heroes.

In my experience playing in the mid gold, and low platinum last season, I barely got any help focusing down my hooked targets. This is why the hook stun exists, because nobody works together. Sombra is trash right now because her kit works in the exact opposite way. She needs team coordination to do well and she never gets it when playing with 90% of the playerbase.
Targets hooked are dead even if Hog misses as they get pulled into the enemy camp and usually get obliterated by focus fire from 3-4 different heroes.

So... uh... do you actually play Overwatch or do you just read about it on the forums?
The biggest problem is that Roadhog can spam the hook from a big distance without any risk or punishment every 6 seconds. Since it's a medium range ability it leaves almost no room for countering if he misses because by the time you can engage him he will have his hook up again. Aside from fixing the hooking through ledges / walls making his hook "break" and go on a 2 - 3 times longer cooldown ( with a clear sound que ) when he hits a wall or shield should really help put a stop to the hook spam and give players a window of opportunity against him, while not directly nerfing skillful usage of the hook.
As long as the hook remains in the game it's going to be the little !@#$%es crying. it doesn't matter what the hook looks like, it could be 3 meters long max, people will still ^-*!@ about having to predict a skill coming out.
As a former Hog main, Hog is not the same as he used to be before. Back in the days, he can kill most heroes with one shot (after hooking them) but those days are long gone.

Thanks to the minority whiners in this forum.
Coming soon! In fact we plan to have it up on the PTR asap (might be this week).

For a bit of tldr; for what the changes are:

Firstly, the hook victim will now move in to the position directly in front of Roadhog, rather than just a straight line towards him. There is a cap on how far 'to the side' you can be pulled, so you can't just hook someone, spin 180, and dump someone off a cliff. This part (along with some other bug fixes) should generally make the hook feel more consistent as to where the victims get pulled.

Secondly, the line-of-sight check to see if a hook should connect or not is now checked from Roadhog's position, instead of the hook's position. This basically means the hook can't connect to targets that Roadhog himself can't see.

Lastly, there is a new persistent line-of-sight check back to Roadhog once the hook has landed. If this check fails, the hook breaks off and returns to Roadhog. This means if you get hooked and move out of LOS quickly (either you dashed, were falling, were pushed, etc), the hook will now break early and not pull the target.

Overall these changes will likely make Roadhog a bit weaker, but we'll evaluate his performance once we get people playing him and make adjustments as necessary.
Highly Rated
01/03/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Coming soon! In fact we plan to have it up on the PTR asap (might be this week).

Firstly, the hook victim will now move in to the position directly in front of Roadhog, rather than just a straight line towards him. There is a cap on how far 'to the side' you can be pulled, so you can't just hook someone, spin 180, and dump someone off a cliff. This part (along with some other bug fixes) should generally make the hook feel more consistent as to where the victims get pulled.

Secondly, the line-of-sight check to see if a hook should connect or not is now checked from Roadhog's position, instead of the hook's position. This basically means the hook can't connect to targets that Roadhog himself can't see.

Lastly, there is a new persistent line-of-sight check back to Roadhog once the hook has landed. If this check fails, the hook breaks off and returns to Roadhog. This means if you get hooked and move out of LOS quickly (either you dashed, were falling, were pushed, etc), the hook will now break early and not pull the target.

Overall these changes will likely make Roadhog a bit weaker, but we'll evaluate his performance once we get people playing him and make adjustments as necessary.

lol, called it. This will just make the hook feel better to use. People will still !@#$% constantly about it. Can't wait!
Highly Rated
01/03/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

The gods have answered