Dva's HP nerf is too much, here is why

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Dva was actually somewhat feasible back when OW first started when she had 400 shields and 100 hp. She wasn't too tanky, nor too weak. I admit, she was a little op when she had 400 Shields and 200 hp. But as I was just playing the lastest PTR with the new changes, Dva is literally a potato now. Once her armor is gone, she dies nearly instantly.
There is no logical reason to play her as tank as she needs to get close to even kill people to begin with. But once her shields are gone and she is next to another enemy, she will get out of mech nearly instantly as everyone will focus her and she'll die. Dva is meant to be played slightly aggressive and is a tank who can easily go after people that are low on hp to get the pick. With the current HP changes, however, it completely changes the way Dva should be played as she is in serious danger if she tries to pursure enemies low on hp.
Just for reference, Dva can get 2 shotted by Roadhog now. Before it was an even matchup where both Road and Dva had an equal chance of killing eachother. Now all Road has to do is hook, shoot, shoot, dead.
Here is what I would like to see happen; Blizzard keeps the current Fusion Cannon nerfs, but reverts her health to what it orginally was, (400 shields and 100 hp). While her cannons are a little bit weaker than before, they are still very powerful and can easily help turn the tide of a comp match. But to have only 200 shields makes D.Va an almost unfeasible character.
With these proposed changes implemented, I think Dva would still be a powerful and feasible character while at the same time feel, balanced and fair. With the increased walking speed, default HP, and nerfed Fusion Canons; Dva will still be slightly better than she was before she got buffed to begin with.
tl;dr- give dva her default hp before the buffs but keep everything else as it is now.
her nerf is fine get over it she was OP af
I will enjoy her last days before this nerf hits live...
they literally put her back where she was pre-buff except for the increase in movement speed while moving, and then shat on her even more. what was the point? if her health was really the problem why not just put it back where they had it before the buff? (which, her health wasn't the problem. she was survivable because of ana)
01/05/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Man
Mcree and Widow still won't do well against her.
01/05/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Ceratisa
01/05/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Man
Mcree and Widow still won't do well against her.

Lol... they shouldn't
01/05/2017 04:12 PMPosted by BlackSmurf
Dva was actually somewhat feasible back when OW first started when she had 400 shields and 100 hp. She wasn't too tanky, nor too weak. I admit, she was a little op when she had 400 Shields and 200 hp. But as I was just playing the lastest PTR with the new changes, Dva is literally a potato now. Once her armor is gone, she dies nearly instantly.
There is no logical reason to play her as tank as she needs to get close to even kill people to begin with. But once her shields are gone and she is next to another enemy, she will get out of mech nearly instantly as everyone will focus her and she'll die. Dva is meant to be played slightly aggressive and is a tank who can easily go after people that are low on hp to get the pick. With the current HP changes, however, it completely changes the way Dva should be played as she is in serious danger if she tries to pursure enemies low on hp.
Just for reference, Dva can get 2 shotted by Roadhog now. Before it was an even matchup where both Road and Dva had an equal chance of killing eachother. Now all Road has to do is hook, shoot, shoot, dead.
Here is what I would like to see happen; Blizzard keeps the current Fusion Cannon nerfs, but reverts her health to what it orginally was, (400 shields and 100 hp). While her cannons are a little bit weaker than before, they are still very powerful and can easily help turn the tide of a comp match. But to have only 200 shields makes D.Va an almost unfeasible character.
With these proposed changes implemented, I think Dva would still be a powerful and feasible character while at the same time feel, balanced and fair. With the increased walking speed, default HP, and nerfed Fusion Canons; Dva will still be slightly better than she was before she got buffed to begin with.
tl;dr- give dva her default hp before the buffs but keep everything else as it is now.

Wow that's great happy day
There is no logical reason to play her as tank as she needs to get close to even kill people to begin with.

So basically like Reinhardt and Winston?
I'm just going to disregard everything you said because you mentioned 5 times shield instead of armor.
01/05/2017 04:23 PMPosted by Lyl
There is no logical reason to play her as tank as she needs to get close to even kill people to begin with.

So basically like Reinhardt and Winston?

Rein and winston are actually less squishy then d.va, they always have been, always will be as long as rein has his big 2000 hp shield, and winston having his bubble.

That and d.va crit box.
01/05/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Knetog
I'm just going to disregard everything you said because you mentioned 5 times shield instead of armor.

Lol my bad
I honestly don't care about D.VA when heroes like Bastion and Widow haven't seen buffs in I don't know how long. It's like D.VA mains forgot how bad it was to be in the F tier and even then, you were still better than Bastion/Widow
Please stop going overboard on buffs and nerfs blizzard... Just revert the HP buff and let the dust settle for a bit Jesus.
01/05/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Brawlerz16
I honestly don't care about D.VA when heroes like Bastion and Widow haven't seen buffs in I don't know how long. It's like D.VA mains forgot how bad it was to be in the F tier and even then, you were still better than Bastion/Widow

Widow received a buff quite recently actually to her scope. She still needs buffs for sure but I'm more worried about the D.Va nerf taking things too far.

Why are you celebrating D.VA going back to F tier when she finally broke out of it? Its not a good thing that someone is going in and out of F tier. I mean doesn't it make it more apparent that when any F tier hero leaves F tier that they are destined to return to F tier?

You don't want Bastion/Widow to be good and than sent back to F tier again right? D.VA leaving F tier for good would be a positive step as it would show them capable of having a character leave F tier. As is it kind of shows that if they try to fix widow/bastion they are going to mess it up. Until they have that first success story I think they will run into problems.

(note I am not saying that D.VA deserves success more than others just that it doesn't make sense for those in F tier to try to bring each other down when failure with one f tier means it is more likely to happen with other f tiers)
I admit, she was a little op when she had 400 Shields and 200 hp.

What? Didn't D.Va mains give you the memo? It's a small, virtually inconsequential buff - they can take it or leave it. It's definitely not something that makes her strong.

So it just got taken away. Shouldn't make any difference, right? Right?
01/05/2017 04:38 PMPosted by nfcnorth

Why are you celebrating D.VA going back to F tier when she finally broke out of it? Its not a good thing that someone is going in and out of F tier. I mean doesn't it make it more apparent that when any F tier hero leaves F tier that they are destined to return to F tier?

You don't want Bastion/Widow to be good and than sent back to F tier again right? D.VA leaving F tier for good would be a positive step as it would show them capable of having a character leave F tier. As is it kind of shows that if they try to fix widow/bastion they are going to mess it up. Until they have that first success story I think they will run into problems.

(note I am not saying that D.VA deserves success more than others just that it doesn't make sense for those in F tier to try to bring each other down when failure with one f tier means it is

[quote="207510111230"]I honestly don't care about D.VA when heroes like Bastion and Widow haven't seen buffs in I don't know how long. It's like D.VA mains forgot how bad it was to be in the F tier and even then, you were still better than Bastion/Widow

(note I am not saying that D.VA deserves success more than others just that it doesn't make sense for those in F tier to try to bring each other down when failure with one f tier means it is more likely to happen with other f tiers)

Who is celebrating? People on here can be quite stupid. I guess not caring is a former of celebration. Whatever. I will be happy to kill D.VA left and right
She melts in no time now. Worse even than pre buff.
Hooked by a hog is pretty much guaranteed death.

I can barely keep it alive let alone protecting my team with it lol.
She does have that other shield too...wtf people, do you not use that?
I think 66 or more % of her health should be armor but they need to reduce it to at least 500. I am not sure about the damage changes reducing damage by 33% and going from 8 bullets to 11. Can be 24 damage per shot to 22 with more spread? Idk how that would acount for head shots. They might be better idk wish I could test.