Blizzard is developing another game

General Discussion
The MMO model itself has been thrown in doubt by game developers with the prevalence of FTP games and how those make money off microtransactions. The MMOs of the early 2000s were amazing with WOW being at the genre's pinnacle. I absolutely loved my time in WOW and would play another MMO by blizzard (because i know it would be good). But i think companies are fleeing from the genre and we're not likely to ever witness anything like WOW ever again in the history of gaming.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on a single player game or x-pack for Overwatch.
I would love it if they made a new game under the Overwatch IP.

Something to actually make use of the setting and characters in a cannonical way.

Since they wont do PvE or add story content to the game, even though it's really shallow for a 60$ game.
01/13/2017 07:41 PMPosted by Webby
Are they going to rip-off another game or will they be original for the first time in their lives?
The idea of OW may have come from another game, but they executed the idea 100 times better than the "original guys" would ever be able to. (And I'm not talking about tf2 here). Overwatch is a great game and if blizzard didn't do this, nobody would have created such an awesome game from this idea.
Dear Blizzard.

Community member and fan here: Understand that you can't announce an unannounced project yet but just in case this is not an Overwatch IP, please consider making one! The lore you have built around the title is incredible and I would love to explore its world, settings and characters in a WOW-sized game that takes the Destiny-style combat and combines it with a Star-Craft-grade story and Witcher III RPG elements (if its not too much trouble).

I am sure you've got this.

A Fan
Uh oh, they're spending their money on making more games. Instead of spending it on high class hookers, $500 bottles of champaigne, fast cars and speed boats. Everyone must stop playing the game immediately! they're taking our money for granted here.
IMO, destiny 2 expansion packs would be funded by Overwatch funds. Destiny has quite a big player base
07/22/2017 07:04 AMPosted by MudShadow
Uh oh, they're spending their money on making more games. Instead of spending it on high class hookers, $500 bottles of champaigne, fast cars and speed boats. Everyone must stop playing the game immediately! they're taking our money for granted here.

You know they are......

CEO's, directors, higher management, will take boats around joy rides, take parties etc and claim it on tax stating it's a "work thing"
01/13/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Jake
Why does the word crappy precede FPS but not MMO?

There is nothing legendary about MMOs anymore. They are horrible and I want them to go extinct.

Either can be crappy, having a hard time seeing if you are saying that most MMOs are crappy or if you are categorically against them.

By design they offer a very unique gameplay experience at least.
well let them make a new game. I'm not buying it anyways.
You do know that it costs money to maintain and run a game like overwatch, right? 100% of it isn't going to another MMO (or whatever, as if it was ever sourced by OP) - It's going to the people who work on the game and stuff like maintaining the servers.
01/13/2017 07:21 PMPosted by ImUrDad
And it is fully funded by the money from Overwatch.

Their master plan is to make a legendary mmo again.
Not a crappy pvp fps.

We are all money cows now.

Edit: I know what a company usually does, use their earned money to fund a new project.
My point is, this is a new game and the contents are coming so slow. They should not differ so much of their attention to a new unconfirmed game. They should make their new, less than 1 year old game better.

We are buying a product and service. Product is good, but the customer service is actually quite bad.

Edit 2: I know and I don't mind if they are sharing fp pov technology, that is an essential step for tech development.
11/02/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Bayonnefrog
01/13/2017 07:21 PMPosted by ImUrDad
And it is fully funded by the money from Overwatch.

Their master plan is to make a legendary mmo again.
Not a crappy pvp fps.

We are all money cows now.

Edit: I know what a company usually does, use their earned money to fund a new project.
My point is, this is a new game and the contents are coming so slow. They should not differ so much of their attention to a new unconfirmed game. They should make their new, less than 1 year old game better.

We are buying a product and service. Product is good, but the customer service is actually quite bad.

Edit 2: I know and I don't mind if they are sharing fp pov technology, that is an essential step for tech development.

Disagree. I'm not an fps person but I finally broke down and picked up Overwatch a few weeks ago when it is on sale. tbh I don't have much interest in the Overwatch game-killing over and over. Boring. I want to experience and live in the world they created and join up with the characters and do WoW things with Overwatch locations. That is where the huge money is. Overwatch is just a stop gap for that.
I would like to see a single player Blizzard game where D.Va is the main character.
Tera Online was the most fun I've ever had with an MMO combat system because it was basically "God of War"'s combat, but in an MMO. Regular enemies were a pushover, but fighting the BAMs (big-!@# monsters) was AMAZING because you had to be so incredibly careful when fighting them.

If a giant lizard walked in your direction, it produced a hitbox which could quickly kill you (which makes sense, really). If you were good enough, you could solo bosses that were meant for 5 people, and you felt like a friggin' rockstar while doing it.

But the community in Tera was creepy AF and the endgame had other issues.

If Blizzard released an MMO with their normal level of polish + an action combat system like Tera's.... Yeah, I'm done with MMOs, but I'd still likely play the hell out of it.
Who brought this thread back from the dead?
(Rhyme not intended.)
The unannounced project is gonna be overwatch related
one of the requirements you need to work on it is to "have a deep knowledge of the lore of overwatch"
so yeah expect a story mode (probably)
11/02/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Narwhal
Who brought this thread back from the dead?
(Rhyme not intended.)

Mercy I'd say
Technically, it is our choice to give them our money soooooo.
An mmo set in the overwatch universe would be pretty tight I aint gonna lie.
Oh good cause lootboxes wernt bleeding me dry already. I dont really care for mmo's though, I think the only one I really got sucked in to was The Secret World.