Well what are your skin speculations !!

General Discussion
Mei and dva have beautiful skins ! What other characters do you guys think will get a skin ? I'm hoping mercy gets one because I never got witch also symmetra she hasn't gotten one ! But because it's asian event I'm looking at Hanzo, and genji .. maybe Widowmaker can get a cute skin
This is an event celebrating the Lunar New Year (aka Chinese New Year), the only characters with backgrounds that celebrate it are Mei (Chinese) and D.Va (Korean). Mei's outfit looks like a cheongsam of some sort (??) and D.Va is in Hanbok. It wouldn't make much sense to give the other asian characters a skin simply because they're asian.

I don't know if we'll get a full-scale event like Christmas and Halloween. Simply because we JUST had one so it might just be the 2 new skins and possibly a brawl. Idk though

EDIT: After a little research I discovered that while Japan doesn't officially recognize the Lunar New Year as an official holiday like China they do have something called Setsubun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setsubun) which is celebrated Feb. 3 (however this isn't an official holiday and is a lot like Halloween or Valentines Day in the sense that it's not taken seriously). So Genji and Hanzo might get some skins.
There's that sketch Mei did of Winston as Sun Wukong and the dialogue to match.
Genji/hanzo are probably getting kimonos.
Sun Wukong skin for Winston à la that doodle Mei made on Ecopoint: Antarctica
Fireworks maker Junkrat (maybe with a Catherine Wheel RIP-Tire?)
Something for Zenyatta
Something for Widowmaker
01/18/2017 07:15 PMPosted by JohnnyButane
There's that sketch Mei did of Winston as Sun Wukong and the dialogue to match.

Well in HOTS there is a monkey king skin for Samuro being released for the Lunar New Year. I don't think they would do 2 monkey king skins on 2 seperate games. But Monkey King Winston does sound interesting.
01/18/2017 07:13 PMPosted by buttercream
This is an event celebrating the Lunar New Year (aka Chinese New Year), the only characters with backgrounds that celebrate it are Mei (Chinese) and D.Va (Korean). Mei's outfit looks like a cheongsam of some sort (??) and D.Va is in Hanbok. It wouldn't make much sense to give the other asian characters a skin simply because they're asian.

I don't know if we'll get a full-scale event like Christmas and Halloween. Simply because we JUST had one so it might just be the 2 new skins and possibly a brawl. Idk though
idk because it would be a lil weird to give skins only the Asians being that anyone can celebrate Chinese new year ;/

idk because it would be a lil weird to give skins only the Asians being that anyone can celebrate Chinese new year ;/

01/18/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Squiddling
Sun Wukong skin for Winston à la that doodle Mei made on Ecopoint: Antarctica
Fireworks maker Junkrat (maybe with a Catherine Wheel RIP-Tire?)
Something for Zenyatta
Something for Widowmaker
maybe Zen and hopefully widow ;/ ahh these skins are gonna be lit but I guess I'm disappointed cause no mercy skin ;/ (mercy main here )
Yeah people are thinking that it will only be a chinese thing.

I would not be surprised if it's "chinese/asian skins for everyone" type thing.

Sun Wukong monkey GO! (although likely not, he did just get an awesome Xmas one)
According to this website http://www.thebitbag.com/overwatch-news-lunar-new-year-skins-next-overwatch-event/218676 some skins could be junkrat, symmetra, genji and mercy. But I'm not sure how accurate it is. :/

EDIT: After a little research I discovered that while Japan doesn't officially recognize the Lunar New Year as an official holiday like China they do have something called Setsubun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setsubun) which is celebrated Feb. 3 (however this isn't an official holiday and is a lot like Halloween or Valentines Day in the sense that it's not taken seriously). So Genji and Hanzo might get some skins.

The Japanese also had (have?) something called the "Little New Year" that was celebrated in mid-February but was moved to January 15th.

Although not exactly Lunar New Year, similar things were also observed by Tibetans, Vietnamese, Mongolians and - as we've noted - Koreans.

There's also another Lunar New Year observed by Southeast/South Asian traditions that were influenced by Indian tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year
I'd like a new Pharah skin because I never got the Winter or Halloween skins but I imagine other characters are more deserving. Besides, I can still get her Anubis skin or something.
Hanzo probably. The only other Asian on the roster besides Genji, and Genji just got the HotS skin. Hanzo hasn't gotten a legendary yet.
Why can't we have naked characters??
reminds me of someone's d.va skin idea.
I don't know if the speculation of Junkrat getting another skin is accurate or not but please just let me believe he'll get a firecracker skin... please... I am weak...

just to note, skins often arent always reflecting the character or the lore sometimes skins are just skins for fans as a fan service and while japan itself do not celebrate the lunar festival there are some in japan that do. Sure its not a lot but they still do same with south korea suprisingly though its the other way around as they do celebrate it (hense the dva skin). Thats likely down to family heritage or because they moved therefrom china or whatever but they are still japanese citizens and such.

So my guess is blizz might just do it anyway for say genji and hanzo because of that.
It doesnt have to be THAT accurate guys... They made Winston into a Yeti, Zenyetta was the Nutcracker, etc. Anyone can be part of the Lunar Year
01/18/2017 09:39 PMPosted by Phamous
It doesnt have to be THAT accurate guys... They made Winston into a Yeti, Zenyetta was the Nutcracker, etc. Anyone can be part of the Lunar Year

Are you implying that Winston and Zenyetta don't celebrate Christmas or Winter holidays?