Hook not stunned by Flashbang BUG

PTR Bug Report
http://giphy.com/gifs/58u5Fs7vbXiZW

Sometimes, McCree's flashbang, when he is hooked by hog, will successfully stun the hog, but the hook will continue to pull McCree in. Both Hog and McCree have stunned animations, and the hook disappears. McCree is stunned and pulled into range like normal, allowing hog to get his kill.

If the flashbang lands on hog, that should stop the hooked target wherever they are. Much more, if hog is stunned, and you haven't even been pulled in yet, you certainly should not THEN move towards hog AFTER you're both stunned. Seems like a bug.
Yes, this happens all the time to me.

Blizzard, please fix.
Indeed, i wanted to bring this issue up too but forgot to do so.
This has been happening on the live server too ever since the original change to the hook, the one that "fixed" it. But while they are making some changes, hopefully they can address this buggy behavior.

I have also seen this happen with an ana sleep dart too, were someone gets pulled into a roadhog after he is sleeping.
This happened to me 3 times in one game on ptr today, where i flashbang a roadhog coming round a corner only to be hooked into him after it wears off.

So would like to bump this thread!
01/14/2017 09:26 PMPosted by Bortobob
http://giphy.com/gifs/58u5Fs7vbXiZW

Sometimes, McCree's flashbang, when he is hooked by hog, will successfully stun the hog, but the hook will continue to pull McCree in. Both Hog and McCree have stunned animations, and the hook disappears. McCree is stunned and pulled into range like normal, allowing hog to get his kill.

If the flashbang lands on hog, that should stop the hooked target wherever they are. Much more, if hog is stunned, and you haven't even been pulled in yet, you certainly should not THEN move towards hog AFTER you're both stunned. Seems like a bug.

coming form live server I can genuinely say it is bugged you notice it most often in a 1v1 mccree match where all the animations go off yet they aren't stunned
I have a similar issue w/ Ana on live. I'll shoot the sleep dart just as he's starting to throw his hook and I can see the dart hitting him before the hook leaves his hand, but it doesn't sleep him. The hook lands, and I'm pulled in.
This is still the case on the current ptr.
It's super frustrating to die this way or when you try to save a teammate by stunning the hog, and they get pulled in anyhow after the stun wears off.
It just happened to me today on the live servers. Hell even hogs killcam clearly showed him being stunned, and the animation for the hook he threw out (at the same time I stunned him) stopped. Yet, I was still pulled to him by an invisible rope and then 1 shot.
This is because the latency Interpolation is in favor of the shooter for both sides.

Because of the latency each one of you will see the enemy getting hit first on your own Screen, and the other one will see the opposite.
Because it is favor of the shooter both hits will be recognized.

This is also the reason ties are possible in 1v1, even with hitscan weapons.
02/23/2017 02:05 PMPosted by BlackKnight
This is because the latency Interpolation is in favor of the shooter for both sides.

What are you talkin' about?
02/23/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Spolsky
02/23/2017 02:05 PMPosted by BlackKnight

What are you talkin' about?

The nature of the Internet.
Data packets will not be recieved the same time they are sent. There always will be a delay.

Let´s say we have Player A playing roadhog and Player B playing Mcree.
They are both connected to the Server with a ping of 40ms.

Ping means the time for sending a packet and receiving an answer, we asume that sending and receiving takes the same time which is usually the case but not always.

Overwatch is basically running on both Clients and the Server, on the Server side obviously without graphics and Sound Output.

Every Input any Player makes is sent to the Server which runs the same game-Simulation as the Client, that sents the Input. The Server than sends all the received Inputs from each Client to every other Client, which again runs the same game Simulation.

In our example Player A does not see Player B on the Position Player B sees himself, and also not on the Position the Server sees Player B.
He sees Player B at least 40ms in the past of what Player B sees himself, and at least 20ms in the past where the Server sees Player B.
If any Input can cause a hit, like Shooting our using certain abilities the Server performs the hit detection and then sends the result to the Clients.
So lets say Player A decides to throw the hook.
It lasts at least 20ms until the Server actually recognizes that the Player has thrown the hook and at least another 20ms until the Client of Player B gets the result that he was or wasn´t hit by the hook.

But the Server of Course knows about the nature of the Internet, so it does not perform the hit detection in its own current time but rewinds the game time somewhat in the past to perform the hit detection with the data Player A actually sees on his Screen.

If Player B during the (at least) 40ms decides to thow the flashbang the Server does the same Simulation the other way around. It also rewinds the game Simulation into the past and performs the hit detection.

This way both abilities could be detected as a hit and as a result Roadhog pulls with his hook and "at the same time" Mcree flashbangs him.

Also note that the ping times are just the lower Limit that can be achieved in latency, in reality the game Simulation also takes some time, and each Screen has some Output-lag, so the difference in the game between Player A B and Server is in reality somewhat higher.
This is still a bug