Middle Eastern Players' Ping is Too High!

Technical Support
I live in Kuwait and have a decent internet connection (5 mb/s). I love the game more that I would like, but when my friend and I play, we consistently get 160+ ping. I believe there are servers in Dubai for Dota 2, CSGO, and TF2. So why not one in Overwatch? I don't know how hard it is to set up a server but I figure it's worth it judging on how big the OW community is here.
Completely agreed, the lowest ping you can get connected to EU servers is 130-140 MS.
I can't imagine it would be better but what are your pings to the America and Asia regions like?
on NA servers the lowest ping you can get is 250 MS, on Asia it is 400 MS. thus why middle eastern players play on EU servers.
sadly, Blizzard can't just pop a server in Middle East as they are usually set up by other people and organizations in that region (I believe you need a server farm in ME, that is trustworthy and good enough to be used by Blizzard)

I lived in Iran, and we had our own internal servers and infrastructure. not sure about Kuwait or other ME countries though, I guess it has to be somewhere more suitable than Iran because of the political situation between Iran and the other ME countries.

anyway, you need a good server farm to host the game server first.
01/23/2017 11:01 PMPosted by GameVizier
sadly, Blizzard can't just pop a server in Middle East as they are usually set up by other people and organizations in that region (I believe you need a server farm in ME, that is trustworthy and good enough to be used by Blizzard)

I lived in Iran, and we had our own internal servers and infrastructure. not sure about Kuwait or other ME countries though, I guess it has to be somewhere more suitable than Iran because of the political situation between Iran and the other ME countries.

Yeah I completely understand, however a reply from Blizzard would be appreciated regarding the possibility of that happening.
and Indeed Iran wouldn't be a suitable place, that's why the thread creator suggested Dubai.
01/23/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Apor
01/23/2017 11:01 PMPosted by GameVizier

Yeah I completely understand, however a reply from Blizzard would be appreciated regarding the possibility of that happening.
and Indeed Iran wouldn't be a suitable place, that's why the thread creator suggested Dubai.

well does Dubai have good server farms ? I'm not really sure if they have the hosting capability. and another point are connection routes (which are the main reason ME suffers from high ping) these points are physical and again, it's not Blizzard's fault that the routes are inefficient at transferring data between ME countries and Overwatch servers.

when I was in Tehran I had a 500kb internet connection but I had like 90-110 ping to europe. it was good for overwatch, not as good for WoW raids (still decent) it was due to the low bandwidth of my connection. (high ping when instances were crowded.)
From Kuwait too :< 150 ping is what I consider a good day. Then i see ppl saying " cant play well im lagging ping going up to 50 today" icri
01/23/2017 10:45 PMPosted by Apor
Completely agreed, the lowest ping you can get connected to EU servers is 130-140 MS.

O.O

Well, clearly Blizzard needs to locate some Overwatch servers closer to the OP, because 100ms+ ping is unplayable in this game.
01/24/2017 12:43 AMPosted by Pouncey

O.O

Well, clearly Blizzard needs to locate some Overwatch servers closer to the OP, because 100ms+ ping is unplayable in this game.

I play with 140~ ms (from Dubai) and I made diamond every season and almost hit master in 2 seasons.

O.O

To be fair it is playable, however there will be a lot of unfair moments where you get killed due to the high ping, which really reflects a bad experience while playing Overwatch
Really wish Overwatch cared about their Middle Eastern community, but I'm pretty sure they don't.
Yep. There are way too many players in the Middle East. Blizzard really should pay attention.
I live in Kuwait and our ping is consistently above 160.
01/24/2017 12:58 AMPosted by AzzLikKa

O.O

I play with 140~ ms (from Dubai) and I made diamond every season and almost hit master in 2 seasons.

Play dps bro I am master and have the same ping 140 from Qatar. Only decayed for not playing. Can't carry with mercy :p, and yea about the server Don't think blizzard will ever add. They say they only respone to the NA fourms, so maybe someone should make a thread there
I also get trash ping in Kuwait
I play in dubai, i have a friend in KSA and Kuwait, never experience lag or disconnect. But a ME server will be welcome. It will be just easy for blizzard to set up a server here but maybe it's not worth it for them.
i live in israel and my ping is 60 on EU and AS and its 90 on Americas
same for all my friends...so this seems like a thing only where u lads live lmao
120 to 150 ping on EU, BUT why am I getting 80 ping on PTR ?
from dubai too. lowest ping I get is 112. it gets worse to 300 even 600+.

I hope blizzard finally recognizes that they have a lot of players in the middle east.
07/12/2017 03:02 AMPosted by Benzx1
i live in israel and my ping is 60 on EU and AS and its 90 on Americas
same for all my friends...so this seems like a thing only where u lads live lmao

You realize we're significantly closer then the Gulf states are, right ?

And I agree with them, Middle east Ping is too high
If there's problems with setting up a server in the Gulf - just set up servers in Israel or Cyprus and you've considerably reduced the Ping of the entire region.