Dear people who think the snowball effect = GG

Competitive Discussion
Everybody knows what the snowball effect is on 2CP maps. The enemy get a pick. They cap 1st. People try to contest and die instead of running and regrouping. The enemy uses all their ults and the fact that the defending team is staggered. As a high diamond - master player, I know how frustrating it is when your team gets destroyed within a few minutes. What people don't know is that you can recover from it.

I've seen many people just give up and play bastion on attack when they get snowballed 1st round. But I've also had many matches where we were snowballed with 6 minutes on the attacking team, and we came back! When you get snowballed, it doesn't mean your team is bad. It means the enemy team were lucky and got a pick, and then your team didn't communicate and tell them to get back.

When you get snowballed, don't give up. Ask your team what went wrong, and fix it up! Apologise if it's your fault, and learn from your mistakes. It's very easy to hold for 6 minutes if your team is communicating properly, and the people who were at fault learn from their mistakes and don't get picked.

So the next time you get snowballed, don't give up. Just keep trying and you'll be surprised how easy it can be to recover from a snowball.
Not surprising, at higher ranks attacking is much easier than defending.
Sadly in reality, instead of learning from our mistakes, and gaining a reason to team up ever so much more, we go and blame our own. If only everyone could get a positive mentality!
I wish I could be there with players that understand the game :(
01/24/2017 04:07 AMPosted by kinguinXD

When you get snowballed, don't give up. Ask your team what went wrong, and fix it up! Apologise if it's your fault, and learn from your mistakes.

This 1000x

Most players will deflect the blame and refuse to accept that their positioning was bad or their choice of hero was poor for the map / team. Unless we steamroll the other team, i almost always change hero throughout a game if i die too quick or don't do enough work.

KinguinXP I want to be your friend!
In cp maps the game is not always lost if you lose the first point. The second can be tough if you regroup and get your defense set so I agree.