CTF should stay after the event

General Discussion
What do you guys think?

I personally find it pretty laid back. It doesn't feel competitive surprisingly and it's a mode people are familiar with

And I can see a few different meta's working out for it
Yes. It is very good.

Needs iteration so there are less ties (increase spawn time?)
Only if some changes are made to reduce cheese.
I played several games haven't gotten a tie yet. The mode is a great new take on the game and I think it works for a standard mode, though they should probably do some custom maps for it first.
It's awesome!!!

Lots of depth and a true test of skill and teamwork!!

Brings back the UT2003 days!!
01/24/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Leviathan
I played several games haven't gotten a tie yet. The mode is a great new take on the game and I think it works for a standard mode, though they should probably do some custom maps for it first.

I got one tie, but i can see how easy it would be to get one.

either custom maps or modified pre existing maps.
the Lijang towers ones are slightly different aren't they?
I would hope they keep it. Game has a painful shortage of game modes.
I love it so far! I hope it becomes something permanent like Mystery Heroes in the future.
I really want them to keep it and even add it to custom games, but they should adjust a few things and possibly give it its own map.
01/25/2017 12:33 AMPosted by Nekro5
I really want them to keep it and even add it to custom games, but they should adjust a few things and possibly give it its own map.

ooooh yeas totally forgot about custom games that'd be great
mighty need
CTF is a trash format that hasn't been good in any game after Tribes. This event should put the question to rest.

Just like Valve, Blizz made some really good improvements to the mode. It's still bad. You can't fix it. It's fundamentally terrible for a modern shooter.
Only if there's something done to prevent the constant draws. If the score is tied, maybe calculate victory on time spent holding the flag or even each side's kills if necessary.
I like it, but my early thoughts on it is that it that they really need to do a custom map for this to to work as a normal mode. The issue with the current modified maps for CTF is that they are too linear. So it favors heros like D.VA, Tracer, etc who can just boost or flash to point A to B when they get the flag.

I think a better idea would be is make a CTF map that is more vertical in terms of objective placement. Like for example, Objective A needs to be retrieved from a bottom point on one side of the map, while Objective B needs to be retrieved from a top point on the other side of the map.
01/25/2017 12:25 AMPosted by Ultraburger
I would hope they keep it. Game has a painful shortage of game modes.

Yeah - having a variety of modes to choose from is a good thing. I'm also enjoying the fact that there's a different meta forming for CTF, so you get to see different heroes interacting.
It definitely has potential, but I think it needs its own map to make the game mode feel better.
It needs some changes. Pretty flawed atm.