Event droprate

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
Highly Rated
So strangely I have literally yet gotten any skin for this event. Never had the problem before. Anyone else notice a low droprate or is my luck just balls?
Highly Rated
Alot of people have been noticing it. Including me.
The gods of RNG are as mysterious as they can be cruel and uncaring. Try lighting some candles and saying a prayer before opening your next few boxes.
I got two legendaries on the first two days. But that's it. Ever since it's like my luck got sucked into a black hole.
I've seen a few threads about this. I've only gotten 2 legendary skins so far (unfortunately both times it was the Reinhardt one) but I've gotten the Mercy, Bastion, Symmetra, and Tracer ones.
I think it's just a luck thing. Other people have already gotten everything.
I got VERY lucky and got the D.Va skin, and got the Junkrat skin but that was kind of... "meh".
Highly Rated
Legends say the Lunar Boxes were made in China, due to their low quality.

(It's a joke, don't kill me)
All of the skins I've gotten this event (3 legendaries, and a few rares) were within the first two days. Haven't gotten one since.
I've gotten quite a few legendaries and epics this event, the only problem is that the RNG gods keep giving me dupes of the event legendaries/epics. I've gotten Zenyatta Sanzang 5 times this event. Also, have gotten the event Junkrat and Symmetra 4 times each. This drop rate for event dupes have never been this bad for me. The only silver lining is that I'm sitting at over 6000 credits at the moment.
02/06/2017 06:56 PMPosted by seansmith932
So strangely I have literally yet gotten any skin for this event. Never had the problem before. Anyone else notice a low droprate or is my luck just balls?
drop rate seems much lower than previous events

Although, very happy I got Zens. His Tracers, and Reins are the two I really want, havent seen Reins or Tracers yet.
I've gotten 5 lunar new year skins, which is about normal. I think you have just been unlucky.
I think I've opened between 20-30 boxes since the event started and have not had much success.

Haul so far:
Legendary Zen Skin
Legendary red Mei Skin
Tracer intro
Mercy intro
Junkrat epic skin
Bastion epic skin
Mei Emote
Some victory poses

I think I've also received about 4 normal legendary skins, over this period which have all been dupes, and 1 box of 500 credits.

I feel like I opened up less boxes on the Halloween and Christmas event and had everything by this point.
I've opened maybe 20, and got 2 skins. and got 3 legendaries that were duplicates and not part of the event. I opened less in the christmas event and got more skins.
I think since loot boxes are so easy to some buy (thanks arcade), the devs probably tinkered with the rng, to allow less drops.
Opened about 20-25 boxes and only got Mei legendary and Junk epic.
Dunno if I was unlucky or blizz tweak the rng for loot box
Got D.Va and Mei which are the two center piece skins along with Ana. But little else. I would really like to get Symmetra, Winston and Zen. They're all great but those are the three i'll get with coins if i don't get them the hard way in the next 6 days.
Opened approx about 12 boxes. 1 event legendary skin only. Getting duplicates on event stuff even though I barely have 25% of event items
Random loot is random.

So far, I've gotten four event legendaries (Zen, Winston, D.Va x2), two non-event legendaries (Pharah's Mechaqueen, Torbjorn's Blackbeard), four epic skins (Tracer, Symmetra, Junkrat x2), two intros (Tracer, Mercy) and assorted icons/sprays. So you might just be unlucky.
I've had really good drops on all events. Of course duplicates happen but I've received every skin that I wanted, except for Eidgenossin Mercy. Thank you / Damn you Bizzard!!!
02/06/2017 06:56 PMPosted by seansmith932

As is always promised, every loot box contains at least one event item. However, in my case, the vast majority of those items have been sprays, with the occasional player icon.

Since the start of the event, I've pulled seven gold items. Two of those seven (Wujing Reinhardt and Luna Mei) were event items. The other four were Lone Wolf Hanzo, Young Genji, Blackbeard Torb (which I already had), 500 credits and another Lone Wolf Hanzo. :-[

As for other event items, I've gotten the purple skins for Ana, Bastion and Tracer, D.Va's bowing emote, the highlight intros for Roadhog and Tracer, and the victory poses for Bastion and Sombra. This sounds like a decent haul, but in fact, of all my event pulls, only the two victory poses and the D.Va emote were on my wish list. I haven't gotten any of the seven voice lines I wanted, even though those are blue items and theoretically should drop with some frequency. Of the two Mei gold skins, I got the one I didn't care for as much. Most important to me, though, is that I haven't gotten Palanquin D.Va, Wukong Winston or Sanzang Zenyatta -- the three biggest wishes on my list. This wouldn't bother me nearly as much if I hadn't pulled freaking Lone Wolf Hanzo twice.

In no previous event have I had this rotten a run of luck. Not only that, but by the end of those events, I'd always earned enough credits to pick up all the items I was still missing from my wish list. I don't see that happening this time. I'm at a little over 8,000 credits now, but it'll cost me 9,000 to buy the Winston, Zen and D.Va skins; who knows whether I'll have enough to buy anything else.