D.va threads ignored

General Discussion
Why have the devs been so quiet on the D.va issue since the changes to her went live apart from a token buff to her defense matrix which doesn't solve any problems. It's just weird considering the fact that there have been multiple threads on the matter which have reached the post limit yet been ignored. I mean if the devs are biding their time to only respond once they have some changes ready then fair enough. However, some form of response would be appreciated.
Jeff replying a guy who complain's about 'sexit post' or 'sombra sitting emote' while he doesn't response a problem that people made hundreds of threads and thousands of comments about it. It's almost comedical. Welcome to Overwatch Dev team I guess
Have you considered the possibility that the devs are OK with D.Va as she currently is? That would explain why there haven't been any comments about changes.
02/17/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Madmax
Have you considered the possibility that the devs are OK with D.Va as she currently is? That would explain why there haven't been any comments about changes.

if it's the situation they should say that. All people wanted is ' yeah there won't be any change soon and she is completely fine and viable'. It's really better than hoping for nothing

Even if that is the case it would make sense to address the concerns of a large part of the player base.
There is a genji bug thread with over 1000 replies and no blue post.
02/17/2017 09:50 AMPosted by pirzzzzzzz01

Even if that is the case it would make sense to address the concerns of a large part of the player base.

No it wouldn't. If they come out and say "we're not planning any changes to D.Va at the moment," this would accomplish two things:

1. A lot of mad D.Va players who would double-down on their demands for change.
2. A lot of mad non-D.Va players who are now clamoring for their own unnecessary "nothing coming" update about their pet hero.

And the benefit is... that some D.Va players would find some closure? Yeah, if I was a dev I wouldn't think it's worth it.
02/17/2017 09:53 AMPosted by Flip
There is a genji bug thread with over 1000 replies and no blue post.

I know, I don't think this is an issue that's limited to d.va.

Then they should say so like they did with Ana.
They got crucified after the Tire Guard post (not completely undeserved, even if the tone got too far towards nasty). So I can understand them not wanting to come down with another case of foot-in-mouth disease.

The Dva mains who flood these forums would all have stokes if they told the truth, "Dva is in an ok place of balance right now."
Given the amount of topics and interest on this issue, it would benefit everyone to hear some sort of comment.
Atleast it's better to let us know that they're ok with the current D.Va instead of being completely silent.
Honestly the blue post response about Roadhog and being compensated for his nerf really got me down because I don't see them being objective. Where was D.Va compensated? Clue: she wasn't... It just feels hypocritical to be frank. Nerf one tank into the ground and buff one so he literally has no counters. Very objective /sarcasm

At this point I'd be happy with "We like we're D.Va is right now" or "We hear your feedback." In this situation something is better than nothing
Honestly the blue post response about Roadhog and being compensated for his nerf really got me down because I don't see them being objective. Where was D.Va compensated? (Clue: she wasn't) It just feels...hypocritical to be frank. Nerf one tank into the ground and buff one so he literally has no counters. Very objective /sarcasm

At this point I'd be happy with "We like we're D.Va is right now" or "We hear your feedback." In this situation something is better than nothing

They nerf/buff/"compensate" (more accurately, retune) where they feel it's necessary. Roadhog's "nerf" wasn't compensated so much as his effective shotgun range was increased, but to keep his hook from now being doubly effective as a result, they had to drop players a little further out to compensate for that.

It can be seen as a compensating nerf to his range buff. People chose to look at it the other way around.

They didn't "compensate" D.va because they didn't feel she needed retuned around some 1:1 point. They felt she might have been too durable period, because in their minds she's not meant to get in and wreck face without needing her team, same as Winston. She was easily eclipsing him.

To make matters worse, there are hardcore D.va fans - probably this game's most rabid fans at that - across all skill levels, and unless Blizzard were to go through each individual poster's records, it's hard to take "she's UP" as educated feedback, or some random bad with no game sense and junk aim thinking themselves better than they really are. This is where metrics come in, and unless MEKA deaths explode in rates beyond reason (and I'm guessing they're lumping them in with the average tank's death rate) they're not going to jump the moment someone tells them to.
I wonder if Pizza would loosen their tongues...

You think they'd like a nice pizza?...

I better put away this Little Caesar's ad.

02/17/2017 09:55 AMPosted by Madmax
02/17/2017 09:50 AMPosted by pirzzzzzzz01

No it wouldn't. If they come out and say "we're not planning any changes to D.Va at the moment," this would accomplish two things:

1. A lot of mad D.Va players who would double-down on their demands for change.
2. A lot of mad non-D.Va players who are now clamoring for their own unnecessary "nothing coming" update about their pet hero.

And the benefit is... that some D.Va players would find some closure? Yeah, if I was a dev I wouldn't think it's worth it.

While I can see your argument on your second point, conversely it would let people know that they actually are listening and responding to the player base, which would be a very good thing, both in maintaining the trust of their players and as a measure for good PR. You can't please all of the people all of the time granted, but I don't see the advantage in willfully disenfranchising everyone who has a problem that's being met with silence either.
02/17/2017 09:50 AMPosted by Preskerd

if it's the situation they should say that. All people wanted is ' yeah there won't be any change soon and she is completely fine and viable'. It's really better than hoping for nothing

They did.

They said they do not want to give her additional armor because that was the issue to begin with, but they were open to other ideas. Overall, they seem pretty happy with where she is now.
Wait did this thread really get deleted ?
There 23 heroes in the roaster and they have to look at all of them not just one.

Also what do you expect the, to say on the topic. They made so many statements on diva and people didnt like so what is the point in saying anything at this time.

Diva wont get her armor back people didnt like.
Divas matrix got a fix people complained its not enough.
And the post of yesterday where people accused Kaplan of BS because of how they treated diva.

Imagine if he said well at this time around she is not that important to us as we are currently busy with more than one stuff. what would forums do.

Anyway what do you expect is going to happen since the diva has disapeared the 3 tank meta is considerably down and alot more other dps have come back.

Well it looks like that diva was a major part of the 3 tank meta.
02/17/2017 10:10 AMPosted by BigCheese
02/17/2017 09:50 AMPosted by Preskerd

They did.

They said they do not want to give her additional armor because that was the issue to begin with, but they were open to other ideas. Overall, they seem happy with where she is now.

but that's her problem! How can you fix her without fixing her problem? Nobody demands the old armor back. Nobody wants the damage back. All people wanted was nerfing her armor-hp to 300/300 and the damage nerf can stay. That's about it. It would be still a significant nerf without completely destroying her purpose as a diving tank. She would be still viable and this outcry would never happened. Many players from high elo to low elo saying it should be 300/300 since they posted the nerf in ptr post