Sombra sitting emote? (plus 24th hero for some reason)

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Highly Rated
It just seems weird to give everyone else one, and then not her.

Also I'm tired of talking about balance changes.
It's on the schedule. Unfortunately, it is months out.

New heroes will most likely not have sit and laugh emotes for some period of time after their release. We'd rather not hold new hero releases for these emotes. But we do plan to add them over time.
Highly Rated
She needs one where she pulls a purple light-made laptop, sits on her legs and begins "working". She also needs a laughing emote, maybe just like when she laughs at Reaper when closing him the door in the 'Infiltration' short? Would be cool i think.
Highly Rated
This is the fastest blue post I've ever seen.
Highly Rated
6 months sombra ARG
6 months sombra sit emote in the works

I hope doomfist doesn't require so much "waiting"
02/17/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

New heroes will most likely not have sit and laugh emotes for some period of time after their release. We'd rather not hold new hero releases for these emotes. But we do plan to add them over time.

I have to admit Jeff, you guy's do quite great work.
Only thing i can say is a constant problem is, that ppl don't seem to get the "you have to switch" part.... often.

Some "Helpful tooltips" could change that. Advice during waiting/loading screens or so? Just push the mentality a bit.

Hi Jeff, thank you for the feedback.
However, I wonder why it takes months to create sitting emotes? I know there are other more important priorities...but I don't understand how it takes months to make animation/emote with already existing model.
02/17/2017 09:11 AMPosted by ohmybob
6 months sombra ARG
6 months sombra sit emote in the works

I hope doomfist doesn't require so much "waiting"

It's a !@#$%^- sitting emote de-stress your breasts.

she best be getting a espresso related emote
02/17/2017 09:12 AMPosted by lalato

However, I wonder why it takes months to create sitting emotes? I know there are other more important priorities...but I don't understand how it takes months to make animation/emote with already existing model.

They probably just have an agenda where the prioritize what's important. A sitting emote, while nice to have, is a very small addition in the grand scheme of things

You create three emotes for them to be ready on release but two more would delay them that long?

Appreciate the reply!
It actually does make a lot of sense that this would take up time/resources that would otherwise be used to animate other heroes, and I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm content to wait for a long time.

02/17/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Vin
She needs one where she pulls a purple light-made laptop, sits on her legs and begins "working". She also needs a laughing emote, maybe just like when she laughs at Reaper when closing him the door in the 'Infiltration' short? Would be cool i think.

She already has a laughing emote.
02/17/2017 09:13 AMPosted by ohmybob

They probably just have an agenda where the prioritize what's important. A sitting emote, while nice to have, is a very small addition in the grand scheme of things

I know that, a sitting emote is not a top priority however Sombra is already made...I'm sure it doesn't take MONTHS to create animation with an existing model. I understand if they're creating a new hero from the scratch...but an emote? Is this that difficult? I don't know how these things work so someone please let me know

Great question. The emotes themselves don't take months. It's more on the order of days/weeks. It's more of a prioritization issue. We have multiple new heroes being worked on right now plus numerous events and event-related content. We're always asking ourselves "what would make the biggest impact for the most people" when we prioritize. Right now, we feel like introducing a new hero to the line up would be more impactful to the game. Hope that makes sense.

they`ve stated this somewhere else already.

They have a well-thought out schedule:
1.) there are a few big things they have to work on that push the game a lot in terms of content

2.) there are A LOT of small things they want to work on but have to find a small time window between those big things to make them.

and sombra emotes are definietly one of those smaller things which dont have a high priority.

Edit: NEVERMIND JEFF WAS FASTER wtf is going on man xD I love it that you take your time to answer our questions yesterday and today.

You answered your own question with "I know there are other more important priorities". As for how it would take months to make animations/emotes with existing models, maybe you should become a modeler and find out!
02/17/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Lord

No she doesn't
02/17/2017 09:15 AMPosted by lalato
02/17/2017 09:13 AMPosted by ohmybob

I know that, a sitting emote is not a top priority however Sombra is already made...I'm sure it doesn't take MONTHS to create animation with an existing model. I understand if they're creating a new hero from the scratch...but an emote? Is this that difficult? I don't know how these things work so someone please let me know

Small movements, extra flair, possible new sound files,to go with it, her jumping back up animation, changing the hitboxes, bug testing, etc.
02/17/2017 09:17 AMPosted by BadHorse
02/17/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Lord

No she doesn't

https://youtu.be/-JVn1IJEDro
1:25

Great question. The emotes themselves don't take months. It's more on the order of days/weeks. It's more of a prioritization issue. We have multiple new heroes being worked on right now plus numerous events and event-related content. We're always asking ourselves "what would make the biggest impact for the most people" when we prioritize. Right now, we feel like introducing a new hero to the line up would be more impactful to the game. Hope that makes sense.

Jeff Kaplan added to Overwatch confirmed after Doomfist.
EDIT: Scratch that, Jeff confirmed next hero.