Sombra sitting emote? (plus 24th hero for some reason)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
02/17/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
02/17/2017 09:12 AMPosted by lalato
Hi Jeff, thank you for the feedback.
However, I wonder why it takes months to create sitting emotes? I know there are other more important priorities...but I don't understand how it takes months to make animation/emote with already existing model.

Great question. The emotes themselves don't take months. It's more on the order of days/weeks. It's more of a prioritization issue. We have multiple new heroes being worked on right now plus numerous events and event-related content. We're always asking ourselves "what would make the biggest impact for the most people" when we prioritize. Right now, we feel like introducing a new hero to the line up would be more impactful to the game. Hope that makes sense.
when is new animated short coming out?
However, I wonder why it takes months to create sitting emotes? I know there are other more important priorities...but I don't understand how it takes months to make animation/emote with already existing model.

We have multiple new heroes being worked on right

You can list the heroes you are working on if you you'd like. What is said on this forum stays on this forum. We won't tell anyone

Great question. The emotes themselves don't take months. It's more on the order of days/weeks. It's more of a prioritization issue. We have multiple new heroes being worked on right now plus numerous events and event-related content. We're always asking ourselves "what would make the biggest impact for the most people" when we prioritize. Right now, we feel like introducing a new hero to the line up would be more impactful to the game. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for that detailed look at Overwatch's game development Jeff, also emphasising the last sentence of that response, does that mean the very next major thing we will get is a new hero?! Yes this means it's confirmed!
02/17/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
It's on the schedule. Unfortunately, it is months out.

New heroes will most likely not have sit and laugh emotes for some period of time after their release. We'd rather not hold new hero releases for these emotes. But we do plan to add them over time.

Guten Abend herr Kaplan
ihre 50 lootboxen sind bereit

That does answer my question. Thank you Papa Kaplan!

<3
02/17/2017 09:20 AMPosted by ohmybob
You can list the heroes you are working on if you you'd like. What is said on this forum stays on this forum. We won't tell anyone

24 is not who you think it is.
02/17/2017 09:18 AMPosted by Lord
https://youtu.be/-JVn1IJEDro
1:25

Oh, look at that, it's not a laughing emote.

Jeff Kaplan added to Overwatch confirmed after Doomfist.

Can we get Jeff Kappa-lan voiced by Samuel L Jackson?
I feel like Jeff Kappa-lan is the type of guy who really wants to say mother !@#$er a lot, but doesn't have the opportunity to due to PR.
Well, a half-joking question that I didn't expect anyone to see now has a dev response confirming multiple new heroes, potentially soon.

Hello Stylosa.
Highly Rated
02/17/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

OH BOY HERE WE GO
Highly Rated

oh snap
Highly Rated
02/17/2017 09:23 AMPosted by BadHorse

OH BOY HERE WE GO

Oh wow...so it's not doomfist

That's interesting to note. If emotes just take days and weeks, how long do heroes and maps take if I may ask? That way one can gauge things better instead of not knowing.

Game design not being most of our professions afterall

By 24 do you mean 24th hero? So Doomfist is not 24th hero?? is this start of another ARG
Highly Rated

Lmfao.
Good game.
I can already hear Reddit's sodium levels rising to historic heights.
Highly Rated

ALERT THE YOUTUBERS, WE NEED STYLOSA STAT.

HYPEEEEEEEEE
02/17/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
It's on the schedule. Unfortunately, it is months out.

New heroes will most likely not have sit and laugh emotes for some period of time after their release. We'd rather not hold new hero releases for these emotes. But we do plan to add them over time.

Jeff thank you for being more active. I do not play sombra, but it's very nice to see overwatch team a little more active. (I know there are a lot of complaints, but these things helps the community out)
Highly Rated

WHAT A BOMB TO DROP DUDE HOLY HELL

Inb4: Youtube videos coming discussing this one line.