Is over 30% accuracy good?

General Discussion
02/22/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Krojack
02/22/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Avallac
Trash tier.

Well if you consider bronze "ok"...
Must be nice to live in those upper ranks and look down on the people below you and call them "trash". It's like those wall street banking goons living in a multi million dollar penthouse in New York and look down on all the trash people they feed off of.

Good thing trash exists I suppose!
02/22/2017 09:31 AMPosted by DarkCloud666
If you are playing zen thats actually quite good considering you should allways spam your orbs like a madman into the general direction of the enemy.

Yes and no, suppression fire is a good thing, which in itself can skew the accuracy anyways. But mindlessly shooting when you know you can't kill but only scratch, is just ult charging for their healers. You don't wanna shoot deliberately unless it's for

A) Suppressing someone into backing up
B) Killing
Eh, stop worrying about that, if you're focusing on tanks your accuracy will be higher, if you're going for the squishies your accuracy will suffer a bit. It's just how it is. If you can 2 clip a squishy you're doing good.
If you use suppressing fire (a.k.a. spam), your numerical accuracy rating will suffer for it, but you could be more effective by coercing the opponent to not pick the route you're covering and making them pick a side path which is either booby-trapped by Junkrat or Symmetra, covered by Bastion or is simply nicely defensible by your teammates. The unnerving psychological effect of near-constant gunfire is also a potent weapon against an enemy.
02/22/2017 09:15 AMPosted by PiyRe
Tracer being around 35% accuracy is REALLY good

What? No it's not.

35% Tracer accuracy is ~25th percentile, which is the bottom 1/4th of competitive players.

Over 40% accuracy is top 10%, that is "really good"

30% accuracy is good for tracer.

OMFG I give up. Being less accurate than 96% of other players is not good. Stop.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Kiri-11484?

33% accuracy is 89th percentile. (In QP)
and 45% is top 1% (In comp) (Not an accurate representation)
Both of these stats can be seen on my profile linked above.

30% is fine so long as those 30% of bullets are hitting the right thing. aka not a rein shield.
35% is great, again if the bullets are in the right place.
Accuracy doesn't matter as long as they're dying.
02/22/2017 11:13 AMPosted by WrstReaperNA
Accuracy doesn't matter as long as they're dying.
That's how I feel when I don't get the head shot while playing Widow. I at least wounded them pretty well giving my team an easier time to finish them off.
On console and on Mcree, who is probably the highest hit% you'd expect from a character, the top 1% is at 48% accuracy.

With high fire rate you see a significant drop off. My Soldier in QP has 33% accuracy, which is top 33%.

You're probably best off using an external site like Overbuff or the other one linked in this thread. I personally use Overbuff, not because I've done any research on the best site, just because it was the first site I saw that tracks stats.
Higher is better for hitscans, but pros usually average around 60 percent, so take that into account. For any projectile character, or any character that is expected to also use their fire as area denial (intelligent spam) you'd expect far lower numbers if they're playing well (eg Pharah, hanzo, zayra, junkrat etc).
Why care

just do your best and make sure your accuracy is better than your last game.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What? No it's not.

35% Tracer accuracy is ~25th percentile, which is the bottom 1/4th of competitive players.

Over 40% accuracy is top 10%, that is "really good"

<span class="truncated">...</span>

OMFG I give up. Being less accurate than 96% of other players is not good. Stop.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Kiri-11484?

33% accuracy is 89th percentile. (In QP)
and 45% is top 1% (In comp) (Not an accurate representation)
Both of these stats can be seen on my profile linked above.

30% is fine so long as those 30% of bullets are hitting the right thing. aka not a rein shield.
35% is great, again if the bullets are in the right place.

Switch over to the comp tab and everything changes:

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/tracer?mode=competitive

If your hope is to be an average Tracer in quick play, then sure 35% is fine .... but people saying 30% - which is 4th percentile comp accuracy - is "really good" are just lying to themselves and others.