Placement Matches for Season 4

General Discussion
02/25/2017 12:54 PMPosted by DepOp
02/25/2017 12:46 PMPosted by qpalzm112
...Gold won't satisfy you, trust me.sorry to be a Debby downer :(

I'm just trying to climb up, when I hit gold in season 2 I could've climbed up eaiser but it was finals and then the season ended :( so next season I'm trying to hit plat/gold straight out of placements then working up

Honestly, if I had the time I could climb out of gold and into plat at least. I just don't have the time to put into the climb or streaming to really get there. Gold you can climb. It's kinda RNG luck based at times, but it is doable. You jsut gotta check your win percentages on each hero against your playtimes and see what you do well with objectively and without the bias of wanting to always "play your main."
02/25/2017 12:59 PMPosted by MagnumMack
02/25/2017 12:54 PMPosted by DepOp
I'm just trying to climb up, when I hit gold in season 2 I could've climbed up eaiser but it was finals and then the season ended :( so next season I'm trying to hit plat/gold straight out of placements then working up

Honestly, if I had the time I could climb out of gold and into plat at least. I just don't have the time to put into the climb or streaming to really get there. Gold you can climb. It's kinda RNG luck based at times, but it is doable. You jsut gotta check your win percentages on each hero against your playtimes and see what you do well with objectively and without the bias of wanting to always "play your main."

Like I used to only play D.VA and Lucio and season 2 but now it's more like D.va lucio mercy rein etc. so I usually wait to see what people pick then Pick who to play because if they're better then me at a hero I play it's better for them to play it then me, because I'm fine with any hero
Best thing anyone can do is not care about what rank you are, it's all bull!@#$. I had a season high of like 248X/249X every time I even got remotely close to going into plat my teams would completely tank. I went all the way down to like 20XX in one night on a complete losing streak, and don't tell me "get gud blah blah blah". I had over a 60% win rate only using McCree at one point.

Comp is just as much luck as it is skill. I'll tell ya a joke just to prove the type of people I have had to deal with during that losing streak. Some person picked Sombra after he was getting completely wrecked I asked him if he could maybe change. He proceed to tell me how $hit our team was at the game and that this was his alt account and he used this account to just "practice" and he didn't care if we lost. We lost badly, and this wasn't isolated event of the quality of teammates I had to endure.
02/25/2017 12:43 PMPosted by DepOp
02/25/2017 12:38 PMPosted by UrbanBoyzz
I totally agree with you. In season two I won 8, draw 1 and lost 1 and got ranked around 2250. I wasn't happy as I top fraged most games and always had a gold at the end of the game. I then had to play with golds who used to play what was best for them and not the team, this meant I never went up the ladder in solo and dual queue. Lucky I got a 6 man from time to time and manged to get into plat.

Then came season 3. This time I won 3, draw 1 and lost 6(I think). I once again got ranked around 2250, although I once again top fraged most games this time I felt like that was the ranked game. I dual queued most of that season and managed to get to plat, however it was like season two again. Most of the teams that I got put on played what was best for them and not the team. Only once in a while I would find somebody who had an understanding of meta and the best hero's to play.

I know I have dragged on a bit, but my point is no matter how well or bad placements you will always get placed around the same rank. This is because of your hidden MMR. For people who have been playing from day one this MMR is lower than it should be as we have had to adapt to the game and have not been good at the start of the game. It is not just with plat and golds though. You see top 500 hundred players get placedown in diamond on there main account. But when they get a new account with a fresh MMR, they get placed in master and grand master.

Any way my point is I think blizzard should give everyone the opinion to reset their MMR. This may effect placements for the first couple of weeks, but after that everyone should pretty much be at the rank they should be at. I really do hope blizzard do this, but I don't think that they will as it could cause bronze level player to have placements with grand master level players. I hope blizzard consider a full MMR reset in the future, but I can't see it for season four, so I guess I will just have to try and puss up ranks and hope for teams who now the basicsame of the game.

MMR resets would be great for me because then I could truly get out of silver, like I would be satisfied in gold because then I could have a chance to actually climb up instead of suffering in silver

try playing as zenyetta honestly.
don't worry about having a main healer, just pick zen, he's a pretty good character to carry yourself.
let someone else pick a true healer, if they don't want to, it's their loss, but at least as zen you tend to feel like you're more in control of the game.
you have a slight influence on healing, a big influence on counterulting, and a big influence on damage
02/25/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Nosty
02/25/2017 12:43 PMPosted by DepOp

MMR resets would be great for me because then I could truly get out of silver, like I would be satisfied in gold because then I could have a chance to actually climb up instead of suffering in silver

try playing as zenyetta honestly.
don't worry about having a main healer, just pick zen, he's a pretty good character to carry yourself.
let someone else pick a true healer, if they don't want to, it's their loss, but at least as zen you tend to feel like you're more in control of the game.
you have a slight influence on healing, a big influence on counterulting, and a big influence on damage

You're kinda right there at least I can do some dmg while healing so even if we lose I can get gold on both so it's not that much of a loss
02/25/2017 12:03 PMPosted by DepOp
02/25/2017 11:52 AMPosted by BETTYBETTY
Love how you think you deserve better only because of placement matches and because you play with your diamond bf's and you do "fine"

First try to understand what the MMR, understand how the placement matches work and finally get better overall.

I say "fine" to imply it wasn't any trouble, I got past my own season high on his account got 3 gold as after nerf D.VA (there was an ana and zen)

And yes I do understand the MMR system stop assume I don't because I'm in silver, I've been trying to get out of silver all season by watching Grandmasters play looking at all new metas practicing constantly and still I was stuck all season in silver, compared my stats with plats, diamonds and GM's mine where great and I still was stuck in silver

This isn't only me, the only way you can really rise above if your really !@#$ing lucky with your solo queue teamates, because most of them have no mic never group up and arent organized

Or just carry your team man. Not just with stats but with leadership. If you truly know how to play the game like a diamond or masters player, just give some calm guidance during the game. Make suggestions and not demands of your teamates. If a teammate plays something you don't like, maybe a symeytra on attack, don't get toxic and mad, work around it. Play more characters so you can lead your team from multiple roles. I hear people complain all the time about gold and silver. Well I started a second account and climbed from 1750 to 3000 this season with basically all solo queue nights. Now I have two accounts in diamond and will try to climb both to masters.

If I started another account and it was placed in bronze, every team I was on would be lucky to have me, and we would win the majority of games.

Blizzard has a great system for placements, ranking, and climbing. Each level has problems. In low Diamond you get grand masters or masters guys who have Smurfs that decay down to 3000. Its a pain when you come up against those players, but luck won't take me to a higher rank, getting better at more characters and improving my game leadership and communication will.

It takes "Luck" is an excuse. The game is designed so you can carry much lower players if you truly are much better.

Good luck.
02/22/2017 05:01 PMPosted by DepOp
FIX THE PLACEMENT MATCHES THIS TIME

Last time I won 6 tied 2 and lost 2 and I still got into silver

I felt hurt like my effort meant nothing and I spent the REST of the season trying to get out of silver but surprise surprise I couldn't because I soloqued and ran into the most toxic !@#$ers in existence

Placement matches are the only way to free myself from getting into a low rank yet last time it didn't even work, make your system work this time and stop benefiting GM's who lost 6 and still got their rank back

What you seem to not understand is that the system awards you for the amount of work you do each game, individually. Wins/losses/draws are one thing, but they aren't everything.

I finished 6-4 or 5-5 with my placements, I forget. 1 of those games was during a thunderstorm when my internet went out, so I had a loss from that as well. Got placed 2.5k-ish. I have Diamond/Master friends who tell me I play like a Diamond at the very minimum, I just don't comp a lot. Put in more work and you will notice the difference. By no means am I 100% correct, but based on my experience and others I've talked to.
All I know is that I'd prefer not to have to do a 300 point climb a third time to get back to my previous season end. Not that it's difficult, but feels like I'm walking in place.

If Blizzard has some mechanism that creates that discrepancy, that mechanism is plainly broken.
lol op still silver. Like no shi*... and he was complaining about placements... clearly they work, he deserves the rank