Your portrait should show your character skin

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
notice us jeff
I would like this only if there were an option to disable non-default skins in the Tab screen. The amount of skins in this game are only going to grow and it's easier to see at a glance that we have an Ana if I see the skin I'm used to seeing and not that nightmare-inducing New Year's skin. I'd like to keep it as is for myself but give everyone else the option to do as they please.
Myself, id probably not have this on, way too flasy and will take some time to realise who the character actualy is
I'd love this, I've always wondered why it never happened before.
Bump
some people complain that they can't see which hero is which quick enough and jeff said yes to that, now we'll never have a fix.
02/17/2017 12:17 PMPosted by LimeZest
notice us jeff
He doesn't care, at least he should tell us what he thinks. Instead, he ignored this and responded to other recent threads saying "good idea", "we'll consider" and etc.
This needs to be done. I think Blizzard avoids this cause it kinda creates new player's confusion.
02/16/2017 05:35 AMPosted by Hulkie

You're, right. I can't see who's Zarya. [/sarcasm] http://oi66.tinypic.com/34ez05c.jpg What's your excuse, for the color swaps? Oh, the one in the coat, is Mei right?

LOL This. Let's be realistic, everyone can tell the difference and knows every hero skins, there's absolute no excuse for this.
Someone taking the game seriously that wants only to win, will want to use the default portraits as they are currently because recognition when you tap tab for half a second can be really important. But there's absolutely no reason why it can't just be a toggle in the options menu so that everyone can get what they want.
02/18/2017 03:45 AMPosted by ChibiMango
Someone taking the game seriously that wants only to win, will want to use the default portraits as they are currently because recognition when you tap tab for half a second can be really important. But there's absolutely no reason why it can't just be a toggle in the options menu so that everyone can get what they want.
It will only take you glance to recognize the hero. Like Hulkie said, there's no excuse. See picture below for example:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/34ez05c.jpg

When you say "taking the game seriously", you are referring to players who have been playing for 10+ hours, right? so again they can all recognize a hero skin by one quick look.
02/01/2017 06:47 AMPosted by VitaminX
I think it would be cool, but maybe it should be a toggle option "Show equipped skins in player portraits" or something.. I rely on hitting TAB to quickly check how many people are alive/dead/have ult etc. and it might take me additional time to recognize some of the more uncommon skins until I got used to it.

I completely agree, it should definitely off by default, just to help newer players that haven't necessarily got to grips with all the skins, but personally, I'd love this feature!
02/18/2017 04:15 AMPosted by Zenofy
02/01/2017 06:47 AMPosted by VitaminX
I think it would be cool, but maybe it should be a toggle option "Show equipped skins in player portraits" or something.. I rely on hitting TAB to quickly check how many people are alive/dead/have ult etc. and it might take me additional time to recognize some of the more uncommon skins until I got used to it.

I completely agree, it should definitely off by default, just to help newer players that haven't necessarily got to grips with all the skins, but personally, I'd love this feature!
as would i
Puhleese share your thoughts.
I think the reason they haven't implemented this feature is that when we see a portrait we instantly recognize the hero but with new skins, we might not recognize them that easily
02/19/2017 02:11 AMPosted by KhashayarJan
I think the reason they haven't implemented this feature is that when we see a portrait we instantly recognize the hero but with new skins, we might not recognize them that easily

Poor excuse, you can easily recognize them with one glance if you played long enough.
Shameless bump
Bumpo
jeff pls
notice us jeff

I will wrestle with you even if I die, just to get this feature in the game