Saving Custom Game settings

General Discussion
I love the new server browser and all the different features for the game but it takes a long time to make a perfect and balanced game mode and every time we leave a server that we made the settings are reset.

There should be a way for players to save their game modes so every time we make a new custom game we can just select our previous builds of the game, or maybe something like a favorites folder next to the Create Game button.
I agree, by the time you have finished with it there's no time to play it and enjoy the experience. Hopefully in the next PTR update saving will come :-)
Saving custom game settings is a planned feature for a future patch (beyond the Game Browser patch). This feature will take a fair amount of time for us to implement. We're already working on it! We want this feature as badly as you do.
02/10/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Saving custom game settings is a planned feature for a future patch (beyond the Game Browser patch). This feature will take a fair amount of time for us to implement. We're already working on it! We want this feature as badly as you do.
The jeff
Jeff Kaplan developer of the year :D

Would you like to wrestle?
You can be sure that Blizzard will not only implement this soon, but implement it in such a way that will blow your mind. E.g. Website listing of most popular "templates" of settings.

Wrestle with Jeff, prepare for death
02/11/2017 11:31 AMPosted by GrizzledEngi

Better start preparing for Death.

Hey Jeff any chance you guys and gals are working on adding the ability to edit primary and alt fire on weapons. I'd love to set up a game mode where mercy could only heal not buff folks, or a game type were soldier can only fire his rockets. Things like that.
02/11/2017 12:13 PMPosted by HJN33

Better start preparing for Death.

He's got that round elliptical !@# that shoots out boiling water

Dont you just make a streamwriter that puts it into a file then have a constructor rebuild it when a streamreader sees it?
Welp, update is live and there's no way to save game settings yet. That's a bit of a shame since I made quite good adjustments to my pharah only mode and now they're gone and I either have to take screenshots to recreate it or start from scratch again.
The easiest solution to this would be to have the game create a local save file. Similar to how Halo custom games used to be saved (not sure how they are now, haven't play much in a long time).
Is it going to be next patch?

Do you plan on dying?
03/01/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Tirtel
Welp, update is live and there's no way to save game settings yet. That's a bit of a shame since I made quite good adjustments to my pharah only mode and now they're gone and I either have to take screenshots to recreate it or start from scratc
Yeah ive wrote my settings down. Gonna guard these papers with my life until the save mode is available :D
Would it also be nice if the custom game did not kick you for inactivity while adjusting settings mid game?
Can you add a presets saving feature. Like, I don't really like to play control points. But everytime I enter I have to change the settings before I start browsing. And doing it everytime I leave the arcade mode is tiring.
and a description windows about the rules of the custom server :D