How is this fair!?

Bug Report
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Well, bull!@#$.
If a teammate never picked, that should count for a cancel.

Okay, you need to grow up and stop acting like a child throwing a tantrum.

If he left 'literally as soon as he could' then it would have canceled. He didn't. So it didn't. Get over it.

I will admit, I was very triggered whilst making this thread. But I am 100% sure he left before the timer went down from 4 to 3 minutes. I don't have any proof, but I do have two other witnesses. I can ask them to comment.
The guy never picked his hero, I highly doubt things would delay. It was probably an issue with the server.
01/26/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Yahoocrump
So I joined a competitive match with my two friends, and we had a silver level (not rank, mind you) who never picked their character. Of course, a minute into the match he was kicked.
It's all good, right? Match canceled, we go on with our lives?
WRONG.
For whatever reason, the match proceeded as usual despite the fact that a teammate got afk kicked as quickly as you can possibly get afk kicked.
Let me repeat that.
A TEAMMATE NEVER PICKED THEIR CHARACTER, HE WAS AFK KICKED AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET AFK KICKED, AND THE MATCH WAS NOT CANCELLED.
WHAT THE !@#$

We think there is a bug here. We'll look into it.

I'm going to also move this to the bug forum.
01/26/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
So I joined a competitive match with my two friends, and we had a silver level (not rank, mind you) who never picked their character. Of course, a minute into the match he was kicked.
WRONG.
For whatever reason, the match proceeded as usual despite the fact that a teammate got afk kicked as quickly as you can possibly get afk kicked.
Let me repeat that.
A TEAMMATE NEVER PICKED THEIR CHARACTER, HE WAS AFK KICKED AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET AFK KICKED, AND THE MATCH WAS NOT CANCELLED.
WHAT THE !@#$

okay then while you are at can you remove the inactivity for practice range and for turret mode bastions
01/26/2017 01:43 PMPosted by XHAD

okay then while you are at can you remove the inactivity for practice range and for turret mode bastions

lol
WRONG.
Let me repeat that.
WHAT THE !@#$

AND HIS NAME IS JEFF CENA!!!!!
that's a dead meme im sorry
Could we get a look at the afk system in general?

Since many people reported being kick for being afk while playing the game? Which is the complete opposite of this problem but simply shows that the afk system isn't working right.
Why does Overwatch has so many problems with the AFK kick...?

I mean... before, you could get kicked within 5 seconds after joining a game or while communicating with your team to select the characters -before- the game starts...
Now, it seems that they don't cancel the match...

Geez, ya think?!

Wait, so for all the other posts to this forum that don't get any form of reply or acknowledgement, is this your way of indicating those ones are being ignored?

If only the dev team had a public bug tracker so we can follow this stuff in a way the community can get some deserved feedback - the number of bugs creeping in to Overwatch is insane. Numerous major sound bugs still hasn't been fixed since v1.2! I see you still have the Test Lead and Test Manager positions listed as available on the Battle.net careers site - are these the same ones you had listed back in June 2016?!
It happened to me too one time only though. Another thing happened today, I was Widow, Genji comes to me on Hanamura, attack phase, I was on the bridge there where you can snipe at the entrance, I see Genji, I manage to body shot, drop the venom mine on the bridge, dropped down but when i got up again, I got a little damage from my mine, the health was going down to 190-something and back to 200 very fast, like oscilating, it was weird, also heard her choking sounds too. :-??
Might be some bugs here and there.
Or the fact that when pushing payload, I move to payload to force the overtime, but the enemy team is there and it doesn't go in overtime.
This is clearly on topic...
01/26/2017 03:13 PMPosted by akashra

Geez, ya think?!

Wait, so for all the other posts to this forum that don't get any form of reply or acknowledgement, is this your way of indicating those ones are being ignored?

If only the dev team had a public bug tracker so we can follow this stuff in a way the community can get some deserved feedback - the number of bugs creeping in to Overwatch is insane. Numerous major sound bugs still hasn't been fixed since v1.2! I see you still have the Test Lead and Test Manager positions listed as available on the Battle.net careers site - are these the same ones you had listed back in June 2016?!

yeah on bug reports they haven't even bothered to update known issues like reinhart's charge and sym's beam going though walls. Take a look at last time each of the stickys were updated.
WRONG.
Let me repeat that.
WHAT THE !@#$

This happened to me tonight. We entered CP with a 4-man premade. We were in teamspeak and our 4th was unable to pass the loading screen. When we asked, he even said nothing was happening when he pressed any keys so he kept waiting. The game dropped him like OP said and then he had to force-close the game. He restarted the game immediately but he couldn't join back in even though we were seeing the 2-minute timer. The match never got canceled and he was never able to join back in.

He got a 10-minute ban and lost over 50+ points because of this.

ps: PC
01/26/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Qahlel

This happened to me tonight. We entered CP with a 4-man premade. We were in teamspeak and our 4th was unable to pass the loading screen. When we asked, he even said nothing was happening when he pressed any keys so he kept waiting. The game dropped him like OP said and then he had to force-close the game. He restarted the game immediately but he couldn't join back in even though we were seeing the 2-minute timer. The match never got canceled and he was never able to join back in.

He got a 10-minute ban and lost over 50+ points because of this.

ps: PC

This is definitely a major issue.
Happened to my last comp game this evening on Anubis on attack. Teammate never picked, eventually left the game, match was never cancelled so we played entire round 1 down.
As an update, we have a fix internally. We will roll this out as soon as logistically possible.
01/27/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
As an update, we have a fix internally. We will roll this out as soon as logistically possible.

Damn that was fast! Thanks Jeff <3
01/27/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Love you Jeff <3