- Earthshatter
- Chain Hook
- Barrier Projector
- Particle Barrier (2x)
- Sleep Dart
- Sound Barrier
- Photon Barrier

That's not all.

Hiding behind cover and killing McCree are both easy to do and shut down deadeye. You can hear McCree coming from far away and he lights up and shouts the iconic "It's High Noon" at 400 decibels to make sure that everyone knows where he is and that he's using his ultimate.

Not only that but he becomes vulnerable with his decreased mobility and that he is unlikely to look behind him.

McCree himself

McCree is now outclassed by Soldier: 76 and Bastion. He has no use over Soldier: 76 anyway but they took it one step further and made sure that Bastion can now out-damage McCree. Even Mercy and D.Va's pistols can out-range McCree and out-damage him because if he misses one shot his damage-per-second halves. Mei has a better combo which kills more reliably and guarantees kills once the victim is frozen because of how strong the freeze effect is.
Everything is a Deadeye counter.

Trust nobody not even yourself.
you forgot headshots

speed boost

boops and concussion blasting him of of ledges
02/17/2017 10:33 AMPosted by Nazrin
you forgot headshots

speed boost

boops and concussion blasting him of of ledges

Hook 1.0
Hook 2.0
Hook 3.0

and Hook 4.0 Jeff Binary Edition
Nothing counters me
I have killed ulting McCrees by walking towards them and holding LMB while wielding my pistol. Mercy can out-damage an ulting McCree.

Blizz please.
02/17/2017 10:30 AMPosted by JPD

McCree himself

McCree is now outclassed by Soldier: 76 and Bastion. He has no use over Soldier: 76 anyway but they took it one step further and made sure that Bastion can now out-damage McCree. Even Mercy and D.Va's pistols can out-range McCree and out-damage him because if he misses one shot his damage-per-second halves. Mei has a better combo which kills more reliably and guarantees kills once the victim is frozen because of how strong the freeze effect is.

I say Roadhog has a better combo then Mei since heroes with mobility can escape the slow before getting frozen or other players can stop Mei from freezing someone with knock-back and whatnot. Roadhog on the other hand, his hook combo pretty much almost instant and can take down most heroes much more faster then Mei's freeze combo.... which is also much more better then McCree's combo...

Yea, Deadeye as a ton of counters... I've noticed players tend to use it more as a zoning ult to scare enemies away then a ult to get picks due to how many counters it has (and even then there are other more effective zoning based ults in the game).
Just collaborate with a friendly Sombra or Reaper (or both) to de-cloak/shadowstep when you pop your ult to mask your 400 decibel screaming with the stealthy phrases of "REAPER-SITIONING" or "I'M HERE"

Also send in a bigger shinier nano-boosted Road-hog or Reinhardt to distract/kill all the enemies so you can get that juicy single kill.

totally do-able /s

*Edit* - Also don't do it while everyone is hard CC (Blizzard, Hammer-downed, etc.) that's not at all practical and also not honoring the 1v6 duel you initiated by activating Deadeye.
I'm gonna share a little story here. A few weeks back I was playing a round of quick play as Zarya on Hollywood defense. I saw a glowing McCree walk out of the control room, now my projected barrier was on cooldown but my personal barrier wasn't, so I dashed towards him a used my barrier to body block him, he then fired 4 rapid shots point blank, every single one was eaten by my barrier. The whole of his Deadeye was eaten by a single 200 hp barrier because it took about a quarter of a second to dissipate. Felt real bad that day, but I learned something at least.
a mcree not using his ult
Mccree's ult is lulz inducing.
just combo with a CC ult like hammer down or even better an EMP....

literally the only way to make use of deadeye without wasting like 5 minutes setting up a perfect flank high noon is to combo.. or have ana nano boost you so it only takes like .5 seconds to full lock on squishies
Here are 3 you forgot to mention:
  • Mercy resurrecting the teammates that couldn't find cover also counters it.
  • Pharah concusion blast pushing McCree behind a wall and making him waste his ultimate because he can't move fast enough to see anyone.
  • Placing a level 1 turret then hiding will more than likely cause the ultimate to end early.
02/17/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Simile
Just collaborate with a friendly Sombra or Reaper (or both) to de-cloak/shadowstep when you pop your ult to mask your 400 decibel screaming with the stealthy phrases of "REAPER-SITIONING" or "I'M HERE"

Also send in a bigger shinier nano-boosted Road-hog or Reinhardt to distract/kill all the enemies so you can get that juicy single kill.

totally do-able /s

*Edit* - Also don't do it while everyone is hard CC (Blizzard, Hammer-downed, etc.) that's not at all practical and also not honoring the 1v6 duel you initiated by activating Deadeye.

Ultimates take time to build up and are the strongest abilities in any character's kit. For McCree his ultimate must be used in combination with other ultimates to get kills and the only times that you can use Deadeye and get play of the games is in low-tier competitive play, quick play and arcade.
McCree has one of the best primary fires in the entire game. His damage can be absolutely insane in the hands of a skilled shooter. He is a balanced hero that sees a solid pickrate in every competitive tier of the game. His weak kit is balanced out by the fact the he is a pure hitscan DPS who can absolutely melt most other heroes with a couple good shots.

You can't just ham-fistedly buff him.
Wow, it's amazing how these same counters work against every other channeled ult too, yet people learn how to play
02/18/2017 03:52 AMPosted by Rawflax
McCree has one of the best primary fires in the entire game. His damage can be absolutely insane in the hands of a skilled shooter. He is a balanced hero that sees a solid pickrate in every competitive tier of the game. His weak kit is balanced out by the fact the he is a pure hitscan DPS who can absolutely melt most other heroes with a couple good shots.

You can't just ham-fistedly buff him.

Are you being sarcastic. I am fairly good at aiming with McCree and yes his damage is good but he fires and reloads slow. I've killed people more easily as Mercy and nekked D.Va because they can literally just spam their fire due to their fairly large ammo and the fire-spamming always manages to hit someone. McCree has 6 slow-firing rounds. To one-shot people as McCree you have to have GODLY aim, not good aim.

Look, I agree that McCree's damage is wonderful if he lands consistent shots. But he is definitely not balanced because in a game like Overwatch where there is an emphasis on character-exclusive skills and abilities, why would anyone use a hero that's only useful for his normal fire? There's a reason why nobody ever picks him these days.
if you could just use roll while doing deadeye ...
The only strat I've found that sort of works is to start high noon (when the enemy team definetly doesn't know where you are of course no other way) when you're at a ledge and just before you think you're gonna die (because you will die ulting, there's a 5% chance of surviving just to die anyways from being out of position because you need to be to use your ult) you fall off the ledge and use the fall as a sort of dodge while your ult goes off (you might lose line of sight rendering your ultimate useless though so be careful this trick mainly works on dorado second point I find.)
Bump