Pro players argue Zen's right click is useless.

General Discussion
Literally anytime I go on youtube and search Zenyatta all of these pro's argue that his right click is useless and needs a change or buff. If he could apply orbs while charging right click his right click it would be so broken OP no one would ever even touch his left click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCZ-CBDa328&feature=youtu.be

Not a pro player by any means, but literally filmed this within the last 40 minutes just to point out how stupid this mentality is. I've had way better right click kills I never even cared to record and get a lot every game.

His right click is literally one of his best features and the fact that people dispute this is literally like WTF.

Do people who say this even play Zen for real or just trying to sound like an expert know-it-all?
I don't really get it either.

Its not something thats meant to be used 24/7
I played a random heroes arcade match yesterday and got Zen. I kept destroying this Roadhog with his right click. The guy started coming only after me after the 3rd or 4th death. My point is that his right click is definitely useful.
02/22/2017 10:18 AMPosted by UnicornRed
Literally anytime I go on youtube and search Zenyatta all of these pro's argue that his right click is useless and needs a change or buff. If he could apply orbs while charging right click his right click it would be so broken OP no one would ever even touch his left click.

Not a pro player by any means, but literally filmed this within the last 40 minutes just to point out how stupid this mentality is. I've had way better right click kills I never even cared to record and get a lot every game.

His right click is literally one of his best features and the fact that people dispute this is literally like WTF.

Do people who say this even play Zen for real or just trying to sound like an expert know-it-all?

Much far that right click got ya, whole 1800 SR.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/UnicornRed-1245
Stay there, its where you belong with your right click and intelligence.
I think their point is that if you have good accuracy than it's lower dps than just LMB, that being said i didn't watch the video
I think their point is that you're much better off switching your right click to Discord, which makes his alt fire move to shift.... which turns a marginal skill even more marginal.

That said, if the Bastion patch goes live, Zen's alt-fire becomes a bit more valuable since it is one of the most powerful Sentry nukes there is.
That's because the idea is to combine it with discord to do huge damage.
Except %90 of the time anyone with discord on them hides.
You also can't cancel his alternate fire, which is a huge pain in the !@#.
02/22/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Qpon
I think their point is that you're much better off switching your right click to Discord, which makes his alt fire move to shift.... which turns a marginal skill even more marginal.

That said, if the Bastion patch goes live, Zen's alt-fire becomes a bit more valuable since it is one of the most powerful Sentry nukes there is.

What you've said made no sense what so ever.

Regarding sentry, by the time you charge that right click garbage, bastion would have either moved or gotten killed twice over by the soldier. But ofc, in bronze, anything "works".
02/22/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Avallac

What's so hard to understand about Shift being a worse keybind than right-click?

Try binding all of your primary fire to Shift and see what happens.

Regarding sentry, by the time you charge that right click garbage, bastion would have either moved or gotten killed twice over by the soldier. But ofc, in bronze, anything "works".

1) PTR bastion will not be killed easily by soldier or anything really. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Zen's alt fire is one of the most powerful single peek nukes in the game that gives the most damage for least exposure.... but it's not very useful unless the target location is predictable, which is one of the only disadvantages of a Bastion Sentry.

2) I'm in Master, not Bronze, TYVM
His right click is good burst damage. I anticipate the enemies movements around corners and walls and charge up beforehand and pop it out when they come out. It's also good when coming back into battle. Good down narrow hallways too.

Its sad pro players don't see the usefulness of his right click.
I like the alt fire. I get some really nice kills with it and on occasion when I have enough time to charge enough orbs I can lure a flanker who's chasing me into a narrow hallway and when they reach the doorway I send a volley killing them. However sometimes that doesn't work cuz it takes a bit to charge enough orbs.

I think the pros value primary fire+discord very much.

If you could use discord while charging a volley I think it'd be different.

Btw, it would be nice if I could reload cancel Alt fire like I can with Syms charged orbs instead of Melee canceling.
It's great for peeking corners. I find myself using it quite a lot.
It's certainly good for peeking, and I have seen people get absolutely deleted by it. I think it's just situational is all.
02/22/2017 10:20 AMPosted by Oizen

Yeah it's not his best primary attack but there are a lot of situations where it's easier to time and a better option than the left click (especially on like stationary targets, people you know are coming around a corner, or taking pop shots at people from around a corner yourself).

Yeah it's not his best primary attack but there are a lot of situations where it's easier to time and a better option than the left click (especially on like stationary targets, people you know are coming around a corner, or taking pop shots at people from around a corner yourself).

02/22/2017 10:20 AMPosted by Kniff
I played a random heroes arcade match yesterday and got Zen. I kept destroying this Roadhog with his right click. The guy started coming only after me after the 3rd or 4th death. My point is that his right click is definitely useful.
It's the best feeling in the world if you get discord orb up first and get a highly charged right click off on a tank. I always wish I could see their reaction from the other side because I think a lot of them are under-guessing Zen when they rush towards him and eat that kind of damage almost instantly.

02/22/2017 10:20 AMPosted by Kniff
It's the best feeling in the world if you get discord orb up first and get a highly charged right click off on a tank. I always wish I could see their reaction from the other side because I think a lot of them are under-guessing Zen when they rush towards him and eat that kind of damage almost instantly.

02/22/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Avallac
02/22/2017 10:18 AMPosted by UnicornRed

Much far that right click got ya, whole 1800 SR.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/UnicornRed-1245
Stay there, its where you belong with your right click and intelligence.
I think my big mistake was playing Zenyatta at lower rating (where he was still performing well). He doesn't become super useful until higher rating because your comrades are better at dealing damage. Like I said, I'm no where near being an expert Zen, I just think his right click is a lot more useful than people seem to agree upon.
Right click is a free "just got back here let me blindshot and pray." Or when people are bundled up and you know you can score with minimal accuracy something big.

Even when there's no enemies in sight but you know the respawn time should be done, so you cook up the right click as people rush to stop the payload frantically, receiving a full line of balls to the face.

It's amazing, just not something you spam. It has it's contexts on when it's appropriate. I don't know why people would argue the opposite. It's not his core move, but it's a great option when it applies
I use it when I round corners and am expecting to see enemies.
Plus, it is also really good to use on reflecting Genjis, wraith form Repears, and ice block Meis. Might as well charge up an attack while you are waiting.

I pretty much start like 50% of my fights with it. During a fight I use my primary fire.

I used to think it was bad too. But it's on of those abilities that when you first use it, you say "This ability sucks, what is the point," but once you kill with it, "Thank you based Zenyatta."
02/22/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Thirteen
I think their point is that if you have good accuracy than it's lower dps than just LMB, that being said i didn't watch the video
I definitely use the LMB more often than not, I just don't think right click is completely useless and would actually feel Zen would be significantly weaker without it.

02/22/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Avallac

Its garbage because it has trash DPS compared to left click and only works on retards. You can't shoot for a bit after nor apply orbs. But yeah, what do the pro's know, let the silver retard enlighten you.

In most instances I actually use right click it's on someone rounding a corner or a stationary target who doesn't have discord orb up. Not ideal, but still really useful.

02/22/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Qpon

What's so hard to understand about Shift being a worse keybind than right-click?

1) PTR bastion will not be killed easily by soldier or anything really. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Zen's alt fire is one of the most powerful single peek nukes in the game that gives the most damage for least exposure.... but it's not very useful unless the target location is predictable, which is one of the only disadvantages of a Bastion Sentry.

02/22/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Gloveface
It's great for peeking corners. I find myself using it quite a lot.

02/22/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Qpon

+11111