Why arent Mercy and Lucio playable heroes in 1v1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Lol another bump with even more dislike potential
01/31/2017 06:39 AMPosted by deformedphys
The only two heroes that arent playable in 1v1. Lets not leave em out of the fun, guys!

After extensive playtesting with those two heroes, we found that the matches would draw at an exceedingly high rate.

We have future plans for 1v1 (as well as 3v3) to reduce draws and hopefully that will allow for the return of Mercy and Lucio to the mode.
02/01/2017 08:54 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
The only two heroes that arent playable in 1v1. Lets not leave em out of the fun, guys!

After extensive playtesting with those two heroes, we found that the matches would draw at an exceedingly high rate.

We have future plans for 1v1 (as well as 3v3) to reduce draws and hopefully that will allow for the return of Mercy and Lucio to the mode.

Jeff, Can we add them please soon? i wanna boop boop

tnx papa jeff

You are terrible at balancing this game.

If Sombra is going to be a team oriented hero who isn't supposed to deal tons of damage, why is it that tanks like Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Zarya are allowed to and why Symmetra, an actual support-classified support gets insane damage as well?

Also, recently you've preached about going easy on the buffs and nerfs of heroes, but this newfound fairness only comes after McCree and Genji were handily placed into the dumpster.

Get it together, man!
02/01/2017 09:03 AMPosted by N0Lif3
I find it funny that the game director is talking about improving the game and the third person to respond basically says "You suck!"
Edit: Thanks for the update, Jeff.
Mercy i could see happen, but not fun.
Lucio... sure make 1v1 to 60 minutes and arena 25% the size.

If Sombra is going to be a team oriented hero who isn't supposed to deal tons of damage, why is it that tanks like Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Zarya are allowed to and why Symmetra, an actual support-classified support gets insane damage as well?

Also, recently you've preached about going easy on the buffs and nerfs of heroes, but this newfound fairness only comes after McCree and Genji were handily placed into the dumpster.

Get it together, man!
It's people like you that they avoid answering in the forums, this is why we don't get anything nice.

But You can have Sym camp all round but okay.

For the love of god can we ban roadhog from 3v3.
I find it funny that game director is talking about improving the game and the third person to respond basically says "You suck!"

He's all talk. He came up with some pretty words to say in recent developer updates about being unbiased and fair, but he sits around and lets the game be the broken mess that it is today and has been plenty heavy handed about things in the past.

Why was it okay to gut McCree's fan the hammer damage, but Roadhog's damage is enough to one-shot a Zarya? The problem with McCree was the flashbang stun, not the damage. GOOD balance is letting "offensive" class heroes kill things and "tank" class heroes tank and provide team-based utility.

Roadhog's hook combo shouldn't be able to kill a Tracer, Roadhog should hook and then his teammates kill the hooked foe.
01/31/2017 12:23 PMPosted by deformedphys
01/31/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Madmax

I think it also has to do with their passive healing abilities. Neither Ana nor Zenyatta can regen 100% of their health on their own, but Mercy and Lucio can, which would make for ridiculously long matches.

I like your reasoning, but since every other character is playable in 1v1, why not include them, even if they can regen health (i mean, mei can do that too)?

Or better yet, just disable their passive healing.
They don't work well in 1v1 scenarios. Only in teams where they can support other players.
02/01/2017 09:12 AMPosted by GayWeeb

But You can have Sym camp all round but okay.

I think the obvious point here is that Symmetra v. Symmetra is a match that should end one way or the other. Sure you can sit there in your spawn room with your sentries all day. But that's dumb. If you try to kill the other Symmetra, the match will end quickly one way or the other.

With Lucio, you're skating around at a million miles per hour shooting slow bullets at one another and amping up your heals as needed. It would take FOREVER!

I'm surprised Mercy draws to much TBH. Battle Mercy is under-rated.
... I find it funny that game director is talking about improving the game and the third person to respond basically says "You suck!"

He's all talk. He came up with some pretty words to say in recent developer updates about being unbiased and fair, but he sits around and lets the game be the broken mess that it is today and has been plenty heavy handed about things in the past.

Why was it okay to gut McCree's fan the hammer damage, but Roadhog's damage is enough to one-shot a Zarya? The problem with McCree was the flashbang stun, not the damage. GOOD balance is letting "offensive" class heroes kill things and "tank" class heroes tank and provide team-based utility.

Roadhog's hook combo shouldn't be able to kill a Tracer, Roadhog should hook and then his teammates kill the hooked foe.

Each character is different. Things that are okay for one aren't okay for others.

And in regards to your last paragraph, the only way to enforce that would be to stop Roadhog from firing his weapon.

yeah I am sick and tired of seeing roadhog 95% pick rate in 3v3 and non healers ie junkrat and hanzo are f tier due to not having any healing at all
put a BFG in the middle of the MAP.

solves all problems!
02/01/2017 09:39 AMPosted by SubD
put a BFG in the middle of the MAP.

solves all problems!

what is BRG? and can you elobrate

The PTR has low participation. Why not use the Arcade for beta testing changes? If you make changes so minor and subtle, no one would notice and you can look at statistics in controlled situations. With 6v6, there are too many variables to get conclusive data. I would like to see another 3v3 mode but put classes against each other like tanks vs DPS to see how balanced the classes are. I am not sure if healers vs tanks would work but it could help with the tank meta balancing. Mystery Heroes 1v1 but with Roadhog vs Reaper would be interesting in testing. People would complain a lot on the random picks.
I honestly don't see how the Mercy duels end in draws so much. I think it would be fun having to make sure your enemy couldn't get away to regen, and to have to keep constantly firing and hunting them down.