Offseason sucks , Here's why

General Discussion
Hello everyone

So i wanted to share my experience after playing a bit of the offseason , i wanted to practice in this offseason but the problem is that everyone is just playing it like a single quick play match , its like i cant find people who tryhard on this offseason, i know no matter how much you win or lose u wont earn or lose anything but i pretend that im playing competitive , im trying to have that mindset who thinks about winning in the offseason too , i dont want to be that guy who just says : mehhh its offseason it wont change my rank so why not pick anything.

There are alot of leavers in this offseason and i'm pretty sure that everyone agrees with me , someone just leave because he got his counter for his main hero and cant pick him so he says : meh, im gonna leave , and then other guy just leaves with him and then only 3 on the team is the remaining players who want to practice in this offseason but they can't because those guys doesnt care completely about the offseason

its literally annoying when i play this offseason and see those people pick Hanzo and Widow and Torb

im not against those heroes , its fine for them to play Hanzo or Widow i just pick tank or support i just fill the roles

but then they switch to Torb or even Symmetra

they dont pretend its a competitive they just want those Loot boxes , its so annoying this offseason and i suggest blizzard to look for a solution because i think im not going to play this game untill the season starts which is the 1st March , i just have fun tryharding in competitive and climb the ladder but this offseason is ughhh....

Sorry for my bad English
B-but it's offseason...
It's basically just a glorified Quick Play mode...
Play against hard AI and relax for a few weeks, dude. Take a break during the offseason.
You don't run a mile to train for a mile race. You run 4 miles.

You don't train to play competitive with a competent team. You train by playing with the most incompetent people you can find.

If you can learn to play well with a crappy team you'll do better when you have a good one.
02/22/2017 10:09 AMPosted by HandOGod

You don't train to play competitive with a competent team. You train by playing with the most incompetent people you can find.

If you can learn to play well with a crappy team you'll do better when you have a good one.

I hate how true this is.
That's what off season is, non-competitive. It's a week dawg. You're gonna be ok
Are you implying that I have to take Comp seriously, regardless of the match type.

Even if it's just a reagular Season, I don't bother taking it seriously as I'm not even within the 3000 or so.

And because my team enjoys blaming me for me for the loss instead of ACTUALLY WORKING AROUND THE DAMN GROUP(The meta is !@#$ to those who can't aim), there's no fun. You lose your moral between you and your team.
Stretch your legs for the week and go outside. You will be ok. Or you can just join QP and be a complete *%****#! to the non-comp players by t-bagging them and telling them how crappy they are at the game. That's what nearly all the Genji's I run into do during this time.

the hand has spoken!
Why did they get rid of old quick play when we're gonna have off season anyway?
We don't care.
Practice? Tryharding?
I suggest that you try out different heros and enjoy this week. Seven days aren't going to make you that much better anyway and placement matches are a joke. You could also take a small break and recharge before Season 4 starts.
02/22/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Megumin
What old QP? You mean when you could hero stack? Off season only last 1 week.
And that's why after one game of OS I didn't bother. You're playing quickplay, but instead with the rule set of Competitive and no gains other than EXP.

Hell, that one game I did I had a teammate typing in all caps "GET IN F@@KING TEAM CHAT PLEASE" and making a fuss over hero picks, like something simple as Zenyatta that's not playing... Ana or Lucio.

Chill and get ready for next season. Try out new roles or heroes, upgrade your gear (or clean it... I dunno), and just practice practice practice.
02/22/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Zayed582
its literally annoying when i play this offseason and see those people pick Hanzo and Widow and Torb
You're either a teenage girl or terminally retarded to use 'literally' here.

He won
02/22/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Megumin

They didn't get rid of it, they just moved it to arcade and honestly you only have to join one to instantly see why.
Am I the only person who doesn't see "you should be relaxing anyway" as an excuse? OK it's off season, some people still want to play competitive matches though.

I personally find a game where everyones using team work and trying to win a lot more fun. The fact that Competitive is basically a glorified quick play right now where people can leave without reprucusion but they still won't fill the gap is BS and frankly, broken.

Just makeing it so quitting 2 or 3 matches early results in a ban for the week would be an easy fix. All you people who want to "relax" can do whatever you want in quick play but the people like me who don't play competitive to rise the ranks or even get better but just because it's a more fun game mode would very much appreciate a working off season mode.
Depends if there any hidden consequences.

Problem is, they havent announce the news on Season 4, we dont even know if it a soft or hard reset.

The thing im worried about is the hidden mmr, the better u perform, the higher the rest u get worst players. Because ive been dumped in low ranks of 1600 to 2100 and had difficulty ranking due to trolls, the system recognaised me as a poor performing player so i was party with players of far higher value just now, who held ranks like 3800. They were shocked when i told them my season rank ending was 1900 as i was performing as good as them and they thought i was of equal rank (had 40 elims as Sombra and held silver in elims and kills and had bronze in damage) not to mention the flexibility to alternate to other characters and hold my own.

The thing is, that match has been one of the most stress free and most game i had out of season 3 because i know im in a rank im not suppose to be... and for once i did not have to carry the weight of others just to rank up