mouse and keyboard players on console

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
02/02/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Atari
To late. Sony already has approved K&M that works with any game and like the scuff controllers in the past what was once considered "cheating" is now a certified product. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/tac-pro-for-playstation-4/

Does this work for ALL game though? Like if a game doesn't have M + K support does this still work?
02/02/2017 07:24 AMPosted by LtLatency
02/02/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Atari
To late. Sony already has approved K&M that works with any game and like the scuff controllers in the past what was once considered "cheating" is now a certified product. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/tac-pro-for-playstation-4/

Does this work for ALL game though? Like if a game doesn't have M + K support does this still work?

all it does is translate controller movements so it should work with all games. However ps4 game controls were not designed with mouse movement like PC games which uses DPI. its not the same thing, you're still confined to the limitation of the controller.
Honestly Blizzard needs to just allow Mouse and Keyboard use on console and just balance the games the same. PS4 and Xboxone both natively support Mound and Keyboard. It is only devs that don't code their games for it. There are already games on ps4 that allow you to choose between M+K setups or controller. FFXIIII is one of these titles. If Blizzard developed Overwatch with this in mind they could lump all the players together and you could even have console players participating in tournaments along side pc players.

I still don't understand why people do not want companies to support m+k on console. Seriously a closed ecosystem like a console helps to stop cheaters. Everyone plays on an even playing field aside from internet connection. M+K is the better input method for a lot of different game types.
I use controller in GM/top 500 on ps4. I run into m/kb users but it's still possible to advance without it. You can hear people using a keyboard over the mic, so based on that I'd say the majority of top 500 people I've played with are using a controller.
01/31/2017 07:31 PMPosted by lepistole
dear Blizzard.
love the game, thanks for the hard work.

I would appreciate some clarity/ statement on the use of a mouse and keyboard on console editions of your game.

having played many hours on console (over 1000 hours) it is evident that the majority of high level players are using mouse and keyboard on console. I know this as I have discussed this with many of these players.

I believe this is unfair , however I wish to ask your official stance on the matter.

I have given up and gone to PC.

Lastly if you do consider M&K on console cheating, what is being done to protect console players using a controller.

If it cant be detected, one solution maybe to hold tournaments for console,
I'm sure we would see a large drop off of said " elite players"

Genuinely, it's not as good as you think. The mouse still has to behave just like a controller with acceleration and dead-zones. Learning to use it is a skill in itself.

Try not to worry about it.
02/02/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Erchamion
I use controller in GM/top 500 on ps4. I run into m/kb users but it's still possible to advance without it. You can hear people using a keyboard over the mic, so based on that I'd say the majority of top 500 people I've played with are using a controller.

This would really depend on your mic\keyboard.

I play on PC and I very rarely here someone's keyboard. Usually they need to have a Mechanical keyboard which makes clicking sounds
02/02/2017 07:47 AMPosted by LtLatency
02/02/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Erchamion

This would really depend on your mic\keyboard.

I play on PC and I very rarely here someone's keyboard. Usually they need to have a Mechanical keyboard which makes clicking sounds

That may be, I don't have much of a frame of reference, although I've heard it with varying loudness (background noise if they're talking for instance).
02/02/2017 06:29 AMPosted by DoMeGuyFieri
I have a kinda unique situation that I was wondering if I could get some input on:

I have a bevy of health problems and was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I absolutely adore playing on PS4 and always have, but with Overwatch, I've found that I've reached the point where playing with a controller (in particular, pressing down on L3 and R3 for extended periods of time) is EXTREMELY irritating to my thumbs.

I don't have the money nor physical space for a PC, and a keyboard and mouse are a thousand times less irritating on my joints (because I don't have to curl and tighten my fingers with how I use them). I really love playing Overwatch, but I and tremendously afraid of the community looking at me like a cheater.

Anyone want to weigh in in this?
I mk b and i have no issues i sleep great
I will bump this thread until response, i want to know atleast if blizz support this of not, because its looks like it, nearly around top 200 on PS4 are PC XIM4 users. I know this on 100% had some chat with many of them. I consider it as cheating, same like aimbotting on pc and i never buy xim4.
01/31/2017 08:41 AMPosted by Chaghatai
It's allowed

Full console support for mouse and keyboard for PlayStation is expected soon

On Xbox XIM is considered just another accessory and doesn't violate the CoC or TOU
02/02/2017 08:13 AMPosted by roliL
I will bump this thread until response, i want to know atleast if blizz support this of not, because its looks like it, nearly around top 200 on PS4 are PC XIM4 users. I know this on 100% had some chat with many of them. I consider it as cheating, same like aimbotting on pc and i never buy xim4.

if you're good at the game to get to top 500, you'll get there mouse or not.
01/31/2017 10:35 PMPosted by Starlight
A few people on Xbox have been banned for using mouse and keyboard.

Source?
here's a solution:

make Overwatch cross-platform. I'll wreck those M&K console players.
02/02/2017 08:18 AMPosted by Understeer

if you're good at the game to get to top 500, you'll get there mouse or not.

I did reach it all seasons, but i always have bad feeling fighting against pc mouses. I hate it overall, they could be platinum but still i dislike it, go play on pc with pc mouse.
01/31/2017 10:35 PMPosted by Starlight
A few people on Xbox have been banned for using mouse and keyboard.

citation please

I've not once seen or heard of Blizz having anything negative to say in regards to the MKB adapters for consoles.

Some food for thought

How would you detect it? You can't.

It breaks no ToS or CoC rules I've seen. It's simply an alternative input method.

I don't know how it's "unfair", it's not some secret sauce that nobody else has access to.

Not liking something doesn't somehow make it "wrong", "illegal", "against the rules", etc.

As it's not cheating, illegal, or breaking any rules (that I've seen), there's absolutely nothing Blizz can do about it. Even if they wanted to, how exactly would someone propose Blizz detect it in the first place?

nearly around top 200 on PS4 are PC XIM4 users. I know this on 100% had some chat with many of them

citation?
Sorry, but you'll need sources and proof if you're going to make statements like that
People need to chill and accept it - if you really think it's such an advantage, then get one yourself

The expense is no big deal - just think of it as being to the FPS players as arcade sticks are to fight gamers, or racing wheels are for driving games
This discussion reminds of people complaining about Street Fighter V highest ranked players using a joystick board instead of a controller to be at the top.

Yeah, it's a bit of an unfair advantage, but it comes with the territory, proving that some games are just meant to be played with a certain type of input in order to get the most out of it. This just further proves that first person shooters were never meant to be played in a console without K+M in order to be enjoyed to the fullest.
The Overwatch team objects to the use of mouse and keyboard on console.

We have contacted both first-party console manufacturers and expressed our concern about the use of mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices.

We have lobbied and will continue to lobby for first-party console manufacturers to either:

Disallow mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices

OR

Openly and easily support mouse and keyboard for ALL players

I encourage you to reach out to the hardware manufacturers and express your concerns (but please do so in a productive and respectful way).

Read my previous reply. ESPECIALY on SP4 its not cheating. Sony sells a damn mouse and keyboard for use with ALL GAMES it says it right in their sales add. Blizzard is not going to comment nor outlaw a controller sold by a console
02/02/2017 08:28 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
The Overwatch team objects to the use of mouse and keyboard on console.

We have contacted both first-party console manufacturers and expressed our concern about the use of mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices.

We have lobbied and will continue to lobby for first-party console manufacturers to either:

Disallow mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices

OR

Openly and easily support mouse and keyboard for ALL players

I encourage you to reach out to the hardware manufacturers and express your concerns (but please do so in a productive and respectful way).

sooooo
in other words, they aren't considered cheating