mouse and keyboard players on console

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
02/02/2017 08:28 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
The Overwatch team objects to the use of mouse and keyboard on console.

We have contacted both first-party console manufacturers and expressed our concern about the use of mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices.

We have lobbied and will continue to lobby for first-party console manufacturers to either:

Disallow mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices

OR

Openly and easily support mouse and keyboard for ALL players

I encourage you to reach out to the hardware manufacturers and express your concerns (but please do so in a productive and respectful way).

I'm 90% sure it's against the Microsoft terms of service. Cannot speak for Ps4.

I think everyone should push for this.

More peripheral support ='s more player choice.
Could possibly even have some strategy games ported over if they did that.
02/02/2017 08:30 AMPosted by xTGMxINF3RNO

We have contacted both first-party console manufacturers and expressed our concern about the use of mouse and keyboard and input conversion devices.

We have lobbied and will continue to lobby for first-party console manufacturers to either:

OR

I encourage you to reach out to the hardware manufacturers and express your concerns (but please do so in a productive and respectful way).

I'm 90% sure it's against the Microsoft terms of service. Cannot speak for Ps4.

It's not. Sony supports, advertises, and otherwise endorses MKB support
M&K are the only way to go in higher ranks. Everyone uses them, most of my GM friends only use mk because the enemy would most likely be using them.
02/02/2017 08:32 AMPosted by CoffeeGirl
M&K are the only way to go in higher ranks. Everyone uses them, most of my GM friends only use mk because the enemy would most likely be using them.

citation and source please?
02/02/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Sandpit

OR

sooooo
in other words, they aren't considered cheating

In other words, This is not our problem the console companies need to deal with it :P
Blue post shows that to publish in consoles they must bow to the consoles hardware policies

They won't even be allowed to use the upcoming in game report to do anything

So it's allowed

So they either want consoles to ban them (won't happen) or fully support it (I bet this is what is coming - Sony has already indicated they will do this in the future)
02/02/2017 08:33 AMPosted by LtLatency

In other words, This is not our problem the console companies need to deal with it :P

No. This is very much our problem. We just can't fix it without help from our partners.
Well I hate to say I told you so but..... I was right. There is a reason they don't outright ban these devices or allow everyone to use them. They aren't legally allowed to I don't know personally what Microsoft endorses I however am with Sony who openly accepts this. So yea you guys happy? You got your answer.

OR

Awesome, TY for the clear answer!!! I agree wholeheartedly :)

OR

Yes, it would be nice for sure.
In all honesty I wish a major Ip would of come out and said this from the get-go Cross-platform play is just better for everyone. I look forward to the future.
02/02/2017 08:24 AMPosted by Sandpit

Sorry, but you'll need sources and proof if you're going to make statements like that

Come on, saying it doesn't happen doesn't make it go away. THere are plenty of videos on youtube by people openly BRAGGING about it on mic. I'm member of a ps4 group on facebook, who has a widow main posting videos about him "sniping noobs's heads" almost everyday, and openly bragging how nobody can ban him and that's ok to use the device because "its allowed"

There are plenty of people on ps4 top 500 who got there and use a regullar controller as well, claiming you can't get top 500 because somebody is using Xim4 is just a scapegoat, but yeah, it is a bittle bit unfair when you have a mcree with god aim and you have a controller to match against him.
02/02/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
02/02/2017 08:33 AMPosted by LtLatency

No. This is very much our problem. We just can't fix it without help from our partners.

could you guys address this in the next YT Dev update? Cause there is a lot of these.

[/quote]

They always find a way to keep going, like cheaters
02/02/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Galco
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Maybe you just need to go ol' "Tigole" on them Jeff.

Remember: Wrestle with Jeff, prepare for death.
I don't know what you expect them to do. Sony supports an official mouse+keyboard so they fulfill the definition of "make it easy for everyone," and there's no way for Microsoft to police every third party brand of Xbox peripherals.
littlet510 uses a controller and has one of the best aim percentages on ps4 or even pc. You'd be surprised how people can adopt.
Here's the word from Xbox:

"We will enable mouse and keyboard support on Xbox One in the future," reads the statement from a Microsoft spokesperson, "but we have nothing further to share at this time."

https://www.pcgamesn.com/halo-wars-2/xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-support?amp

On the PlayStation side the Hori Tac is officially endorsed by Sony

So to Blizzard's either/or request to the console manufacturers for ban or support has already been decided by said console makers in favor of mouse and keyboard being supported
wow a blue comment finally on this. These threads have been around since day 1 and never a peep. Nice