Just let Sombra hack Tactical Visor already

General Discussion
1 2 3 22 Next
Highly Rated
Considering the state she is right now, and Soldier's state, it would really benefit her, everytime I'm Sombra and go use my EMP to hack the enemy team, Soldier's Tactical Visor for some reason doesn't get hacked, so I feel worthless in that moment, it is the one ultimate in the game you would think would get hacked, but no.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/21/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Currently hacking players only disables abilities that are in-use if a stun would also disable them. For example, McCree's flash bang doesn't remove Tac Visor, so hacking doesn't either.

We could change it so Sombra's hacking cancels active abilities and clears ongoing effects. If we did that, Sombra would cancel Tac Visor, but it would also cancel/clear Winston's ult, Bastion's ult, Ana's ult, Torbjorn's ult, Widowmaker's ult, Genji's ult, etc. That would certainly be more powerful but I'm not sure what she needs right now is more power in her hacking/EMP.

We'll see how she fares when the PTR patch goes live, but if she needs more help its unlikely to be increasing the potency of her EMP, as she arguably already has too much of her overall character power wrapped up in one ability.

Okay hear me out, treating hack like flashbang makes no sense whatsoever, what kind of logic is this? Why does it need to have the same mechanics as flashbang? (just not a ''full'' stun) Is it that hard to program a mechanic for Sombra's hack/EMP? If you did, you could make it hack Tac Visor, Infra Sight and Configuration Tank, while leaving Ana, Torbjorn and Genji's ult not hacked like they are right now, simple as that. Making a counter to Soldier's ult is a must, since the only counter is D.va, who we are not getting too in this thread but people already know what her state is, the other counter? Trying to run away from a aimbot? Nice.

Don't just re-use code from other similar abilities like flashbang, change it a little and call it a day, that's why it can't hack tactical visor, because hack/emp is a stun, but without the stun part, so it only disables the abilities.
Highly Rated
02/21/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Pokono
Considering the state she is right now, and Soldier's state, it would really benefit her, everytime I'm Sombra and go use my EMP to hack the enemy team, Soldier's Tactical Visor for some reason doesn't get hacked, so I feel worthless in that moment, it is the one ultimate in the game you would think would get hacked, but no.

It'd be funny if she hacked it, but instead of it disabling it begins targeting teammates and actually does team damage.
And tranquility from zen
02/21/2017 10:09 AMPosted by TOEǶ

It'd be funny if she hacked it, but instead of it disabling it begins targeting teammates and actually does team damage.

Read a post the other day where Jeff said this would have been the case, for Torbjorn's turret, would be a nightmare, and RIP Torb.
Highly Rated
It's such a weird dichotomy.
She can hack a hand crank on a homemade scrap gun, but she can't hack a targeting computer.
Highly Rated
02/21/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Mirs
She can hack a hand crank on a homemade scrap gun, but she can't hack a targeting computer.

Legs too.
Highly Rated
02/21/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Pokono

Legs too.

That too, along with aerosol cans, and jarate.
Not a computer though, that's too hard.
02/21/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Pokono
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Read a post the other day where Jeff said this would have been the case, for Torbjorn's turret, would be a nightmare, and RIP Torb.

But Torb can't control his turret unlike Soldier and his Visor/Gun. I'm glad they didn't go through with that though. Torb already gets enough hate from the team as it is.
Highly Rated
02/21/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Mirs
02/21/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Pokono

Legs too.

I thought everything could be hacked, and everyone.
02/21/2017 10:10 AMPosted by DreamWatcher
And tranquility from zen

I don't think so, she already puts him at 50HP, plus his ultimate is suppost to make him invincible.
02/21/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Pokono
02/21/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Mirs

Conditions and restrictions apply. At participating locations only.
02/21/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Mirs
02/21/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Pokono

Conditions and restrictions apply. At participating locations only.

Yeah, but like you said, it is a computer, how can legs get hacked but not computers? Bliz pls.
It's an even bigger slap to the face when Sombra tells me at the start of every game "Everything can be hacked... and everyone."

Minus of course: robotic glowing ninjas, aimbotting soldiers, remote controlled tires, literal tanks(bastion), still doesn't stop pharah from hovering, And this part is the best IMO: Zarya zen and symmetra shields start recharging instantly after being EMP'd. They don't even wait for the ult duration to end before shields go back up.

Yes please. It's totally stupid that Sombra is not able to hack a robotic visor but she can hack the human eye like McCree's ultimate.
Also Soldier 76 charges his ultimate too fast and easy by spamming and healing himself.
Also Sombra has to Jamm Torbjorn's turrets while she is hacking them.
It isn't hacked because it's not channeled. And we can't start making specific cases for every hero.

It's based on mechanics not on what is realistic.
Sombra can hack an angry ghost-like dude, but she cannot hack a fooking tank robot or a high technology visor.

M'kay...
Making her hack soldier just for the sake of it isn't right for balance.

She should be good on her own, not based on who she can hack.
02/21/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Goodlyfe
It's an even bigger slap to the face when Sombra tells me at the start of every game "Everything can be hacked... and everyone."

Minus of course: robotic glowing ninjas, aimbotting soldiers, remote controlled tires, literal tanks(bastion), still doesn't stop pharah from hovering, And this part is the best IMO: Zarya zen and symmetra shields start recharging instantly after being EMP'd. They don't even wait for the ult duration to end before shields go back up.

Wait they recharge even before the EMP'S duration? I actually had no idea this was the case, Bliz pls why u do dis to me.
02/21/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Goldenman
It's based on mechanics not on what is realistic.
Exactly this. A hack is a continuous interrupt. Tactical Visor cannot be interrupted.