2 ways to fix D.va (Without reverting the Nerf)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
D.VA is fine the way she is now. She is still buffed in my opinion. Shes still the hardest and most annoying to kill on the team. She is fine the way she is, just because you guys don't know how to aim and reload, doesn't mean this point and click hero has to be buffed. Sorry to burst your bubble.
01/27/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Hermione
D.VA is fine the way she is now. She is still buffed in my opinion. Shes still the hardest and most annoying to kill on the team. She is fine the way she is, just because you guys don't know how to aim and reload, doesn't mean this point and click hero has to be buffed. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Gold Hanzo talking about aiming.

Atleast get some playtime on D.Va before you judge if she's fine or not.
01/27/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Larzyn
01/27/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Hermione

I don't play bum heroes. If you look at my profile you will see I'm a Hanzo/Mcree/Junk main. I'm not gonna walk around all game playing a character that just non stop shoots and rockets around with a shield.
Baby Dva is not a tank, so no matter how much they buff her, you'll still be down a tank in the teamfight when you lose your mech. Because of this, buffing baby Dva is not the answer. Buffing DM wouldn't help enough, realistically the only way to help Dva right now is to give her back some armour. 300/300 is a good middle ground.
Why not just remove baby D.va?
The second life gimmick is clearly not working in her favour.
You could get rezzed in your meka, it would be super sweet.
100% tanking uptime.
tl;dr

Or Blizzard could just revert her to pre-patch status when she was perfectly balanced.
01/27/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Pippin
Why not just remove baby D.va?
The second life gimmick is clearly not working in her favour.
You could get rezzed in your meka, it would be super sweet.
100% tanking uptime.

we are way too far down the rabbit hole for removing babyd.va
01/27/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Mugunghwa
It would be cool if in addition to a visual effect for Defense Matrix there would be a timer or clear indicator of any kind displaying exactly how long it can remain active, or how much charge is left.

4 seconds is not a very long time to cover a teammate who is hesitant to push. You won't always have time to tell them over chat either. Better they are able to see for themselves.

Imo, I've always wanted Defense Matrix to gradient from Green to Red depending on duration.

Think it would look cool and be a nice indication to both team mates that cover is dissapearing, and enemy as well.
Agreed, pilot D.Va would be a good thing to think about. Right now it's better to just die so you can get your mech back immediatelly in some scenarios and that's not OK.
01/27/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Hermione
01/27/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Larzyn

I don't play bum heroes. If you look at my profile you will see I'm a Hanzo/Mcree/Junk main. I'm not gonna walk around all game playing a character that just non stop shoots and rockets around with a shield.

If you are not willing to play the hero under any circumstance because you hate her play style than how are you supposed to be objective comment wise? You don't magically like her more when you log on to the forums. You are always going to be as hostile to her.
I disagree, but it can be an interesting take if they go that way. Honestly she was perfect. D.Va was incredibly balanced, the only issues was possibly bringing her damage down which all DPS tanks need anyways. Ana is only part of the tank meta problem. The tanks, minus Reinhardt, do amazing damage. The tanks needs to be more in line of tanking than DPS machines. Her 400 armor really only negated the giant hit box she has, thus she played like Roadhog, a 600 HP non armored tank. She was still a good tank though because she has Defense Matrix. D.Va was really the only substitution for Reinhardt as a real tank. The other 3; Roadhog, Winston and Zarya are just beefy DPS semi tanky characters and D.Va has now just joined them. At least go 300HP/300Armor, but give her an E ability that allows her to increase her defense by 30-50% for a short while like 4 secs and have a large cooldown timer like 12 seconds. The other "tanks" need to be addressed slightly as well for being tanks than DPS machines.
Remove her mech's critbox. That will make her HP be actually effective for its value, and she will not absolutely require armor to be functional.

It would also mean you would not have to make DM drastically more powerful then it currently is. Nor would you have to do something like make it so she can shoot and DM at the same time.

You would not have to throw incentives on baby D.Va to make her more useful as baby D.Va would not be showing up too often.
01/27/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Mugunghwa
but Geoff Goodman has stated in a previous thread: if D.va needs to be boosted after the nerf they will help her out, but that help is unlikely to come in the form of more armor. We have to accept this.

Link to that please. Honestly how are people supposed to know what anyone is ever talking about without links / citations...

EDIT: Found it. I had to first find something from him so I could look at his post history.

Here is where this note comes from:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752559736?page=26#post-502
This is excellent feedback, thank you.

I just tested it to make sure you could project defensive matrix through an ally to block shots on the other side, and you can. If you can find situations where this doesn't work it would be great to hear or even better, if you have a video showing it it would be helpful, since it would be considered a bug.

That said, there is a change coming to defense matrix next patch that you guys might be interested in. Currently on live, defense matrix wont block shots until they are a very small distance away from the muzzle of the gun that shot them. Generally speaking players wont notice this effect, but it matters a lot in certain situations, such as blocking an ally from getting killed by a roadhog hook combo.

Next patch the plan is to remove this minimum distance so the projectiles are killed directly out of the muzzle. This means it should be possible to save an ally from a Roadhog hook by covering them with your defense matrix, which doesn't work on live right now.
^^^ This is secretly a buff to Junkrat X Dva
01/27/2017 06:44 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

I just tested it to make sure you could project defensive matrix through an ally to block shots on the other side, and you can. If you can find situations where this doesn't work it would be great to hear or even better, if you have a video showing it it would be helpful, since it would be considered a bug.

That said, there is a change coming to defense matrix next patch that you guys might be interested in. Currently on live, defense matrix wont block shots until they are a very small distance away from the muzzle of the gun that shot them. Generally speaking players wont notice this effect, but it matters a lot in certain situations, such as blocking an ally from getting killed by a roadhog hook combo.

Next patch the plan is to remove this minimum distance so the projectiles are killed directly out of the muzzle. This means it should be possible to save an ally from a Roadhog hook by covering them with your defense matrix, which doesn't work on live right now.

300 / 300 or 100 / 400 please

D.va wont be able to do any of it when shes dead

I understand you're trying to make her defense matrix good, but it won't be of any use when d.va is always out of her mech dying.

Is she a Tank that stays and defends Teammates, or a disruptor? Pick one please.
Highly Rated

Thanks Geoff, really happy to hear updates are being worked on for Dva because right now she feels very weak.

Roadhog is just dominating every game with his hook combo but if Dva can do something about it with her defense matrix, it would be really great.

But seriously though, any news on her new health / armor? I don't want to dive in, defense matrix and walk back only to get shot by Roadhog and die instantly.
Highly Rated

Use this post as a surrogate to upvote/downvote the original blue post.

That is a genius QoL change for d.va. Seeing overwatch becoming an even better Team shooter is heart warming as heroes interact with their teammates more ❤️️