So placements don't mean #*@!**#%

Competitive Discussion
Went 7-2-1 and ended up 400 points lower than S2

!@#$ Blizzard and their dumbass ranking system
uhhhhh I see your forum post count and wonder how you missed the fact that Jeff said people in plat/gold last season would be placed lower this season. Just so you know I was placed at low 1600's just like you when last season my sr was 2300 or so and look where I am now. 2500 so yeah you can climb if you are good enough. I currently am where I belong until I get better. I know what I need to work on. Anyway I'm sure if you give it some time and play your comfort picks you'll be able to climb like I did.
02/01/2017 01:21 AMPosted by Blue
uhhhhh I see your forum post count and wonder how you missed the fact that Jeff said people in plat/gold last season would be placed lower this season. Just so you know I was placed at low 1600's just like you when last season my sr was 2300 or so and look where I am now. 2500 so yeah you can climb if you are good enough. I currently am where I belong until I get better. I know what I need to work on. Anyway I'm sure if you give it some time and play your comfort picks you'll be able to climb like I did.

And there I thought there were no people with a brain at lower ranks. I guess you're just not gonna stay there long, perhaps im not quite wrong after all, lol.
Congrats on improving and climbing instead of signing up with the elo hell cult.
02/01/2017 12:58 AMPosted by AMERICAN
Went 7-2-1 and ended up 400 points lower than S2

!@#$ Blizzard and their dumbass ranking system

why don't you make a better one then. if your so confident.

i climbed from gold to high diamond with a season high of 3395 this season, so yeah if you can't climb its not blizzards fault.
Yo xxxjohnnylikestacosxxx here! I won 7 placement games against laughable bronze players and didn't get placed grandmaster.. wtf blizzard fix your ranking system.
At the end of S2, your SR went down. Blizzard announced they'd be doing this.

Your next ten matches (your S3 placement matches) were played against lower-rated opponents, so you whomped on them. This caused you to climb.. but not as much as you fell when Blizzard bumped you down.

This is why your SR is low even though you did great.
02/01/2017 01:21 AMPosted by Blue

At least you don't have trolls in every game like when you get placed in bronze. Just be glad you placed high in previous seasons when more people cared about the game and weren't de-ranking.
Your placement for the most part is gonna be lower than what your actual Sr should be. If you do deserve to be a higher rank you will rank up. I was placed around 2300-2400 and I'm currently at 2769 .
I remember someone saying that if you take long breaks the matchmaking becomes less confident in your MMR. So if you are just now completing your placements for season 3, after a long break from season 2, your absence may effect your SR.
I was 2200 S2 dropped to 2050 or something S3 I got placed at 2223 and now my peak was around 2800 just keep playing, it gets better sometimes
Of course, you could have lucked out, been 50 SR higher in S2, and gotten mi-diamond like a lot of people who lost more games than you.

"placements" are basically just Blizzard's cover for a bad system designed to keep Masters from whining and sniveling about having to regain masters every season, instead of having it handed to them just for showing up.