"Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost"

Technical Support
Prev 1 25 26 27 48 Next
17.7.1 started to crash on me today :/
NeonYoshi

Sorry about that, I think I just got you mixed up when I was sorting names. You were having the generic error but for NVidia.

C0lt45
INFERNAL
Nuny
Okerlund
Ser
SigFridDubhe

Again, your only answer for this one for now is going to be using a previous driver until a driver is released that fixes the incompatibility. 17.8.1 and 17.8.2 still have the issue.
More information here.

Chillaxing

You've got the "GPU lost power" error.

Heisenberger

As I addressed in my previous post, if the information in this thread does not help you, you need to contact our GMs by following the instructions in the earlier post. The troubleshooting I have for everybody here is only there to get you as far as we can feasibly get you on the forums. As you can see, I'm working with multiple users here, so can't address many issues one on one or I risk making the thread more confusing than it already is to navigate.

Since you are still crashing, you need to put in a ticket at this point. I looked you up in our tools and there aren't any recent "Rendering Device Lost" crashes being sent by your PC. There's probably a deeper issue you need us to look into with you one-on-one.
Hey again folks

Looks like this thread capped out. I've extended the post limit for now. I may create a separate thread for dealing with this in the future. For the time being, bumping this one up. Sorry for not noticing this previously!
wow, hello guys @@ I guess I'll join the train that crashed XDDD

um.. this has never happened to me before until today, twice...

so.. I'm on AMD card, R9 280 to be exact.. e3 1321v3 cpu~ win7 64bit~

umm oh and before it crashes all my monitors (i have 3 in total) blinks for awhile, like when I hook up a new monitor or changing resolution type of blinks...

oh and when this crashes, the entire b.net client crashes too!

dunno if this would help..

oh yeh, this only happened with this version of the game, which is Version 1.14.1.2.39484 XD

that's all~ hope you guys find out wots going on soon ;) deathmatch is awesome!

OH: may i add, that after these recent patches, overwatch gets horrible frame drops sometimes when my youtube plays, or when i'm doing something on my 2nd monitors (i play in max window mode), this never happened before and my pc is very capable of multitasking^^ perhaps this is related somehow~

ok bye XD
The latest patch (1.14.1.2.39484) causes the "rendering device lost" error for me. I have never seen the error before. I am currently on a AMD Radeon R9 390. I hope this gets fixed soon. Currently unplayable.
I did post this in another thread as well, but 17.9.1 drivers have released for AMD, and in the known issues section:

-Overwatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.

Stick with 17.7.1 if it is working for you and you don't need the newer drivers for anything else. I am glad that AMD has acknowledged the problem.

Release notes: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx
I'm still having issues, even with the newest drivers.
First it was once a night and then I would be fine, now it was 3 times in a row.
Still having this problem with the latest amd drivers
I have been experiencing the crash myself. I am running a amd r9 290x. I only experience the crash when I am using the blizzard chat channel with friends, not sure about anyone else though. I have updated the driver and reverted back to drivers all the way back to May 2017 and I still experience the crash. I have just uninstalled everything blizzard from my pc and am not reinstalling in hopes that this will do the trick. Otherwise, discord it is and no more blizzard chat channel.
I don't know how, but it's funny work on me...

1. Try to reset setting game OW on blizzard launcher
2. See the trailer, close then open again
3. Put into low setting
4. Put into window borderless
5. FPS on display
6. DONE hopelly u can play well because it work on me

I'm use laptop WIN 10, with GPU R8 AMD, and AMD APPS is on 17.7.2
Yeah this has happened to me a couple of times a day, as well as just hard crashing out of the game. All drivers are reinstalled and fully updated as this sort of stuff tends to happen on a daily basis with Overwatch.

The game is great, but it has to be one of the buggiest games I have ever played :/
09/09/2017 01:37 AMPosted by Nidus
Yeah this has happened to me a couple of times a day, as well as just hard crashing out of the game. All drivers are reinstalled and fully updated as this sort of stuff tends to happen on a daily basis with Overwatch.

The game is great, but it has to be one of the buggiest games I have ever played :/

First issue is going against what others (and AMD) say, with fully updated drivers. I hope you been reporting bugs with the actual game on the forums, but your posting in a thread where the bug is on AMD's end, and they are looking into fixing it. Right now, as per AMD, 17.7.1 drivers are the last ones that were stable with Overwatch.

If you are one of the small few with the same issue with Nvidia, then you need to look up the error and see what can cause it on your end. Overheating, overclocking issues, etc.. can cause the error this thread is discussing.
Drakuloth - Hi, i have been constantly crashing all the time for a few months now, keeps coming up with the rendering device has been lost and kicks me out of my comp matches, it is starting happen every 5 games or so and it's getting frustrating, that i feel like i don't want to play the game anymore.

can you help me please?
Iv'e been having this problem for over a month now, and also barely played at all, missed out on event stuff and competitive stuff.
i tried: updating my drivers, fixing the game files, reinstalling the game, installing older driver versions, set back my directX to a previous version, scanned my windows for any system errors, make a fix.reg file, try to play on a different account, set the graphics very high or very low, the gm i contacted gave me instructions that didn't work either.
sometimes it throws me out after 1 or 2 games and sometimes it throws me out as soon i try to join one. this is getting so frustrating and i hope this gets solved very very soon, and not another month.
So after experiencing this error for the first time today in team death match I played around an hour of QP an my game did not crash. While in TD I crashed 3 times in less than 30 minutes.
Hello, I have experienced this error for three days in a row, while trying to fix it with everything listed on this topic : I tried to uninstall and reinstall my drivers to 17.7.1, worked for some time but then it started to crash, all my settings are on low, the temperature is never above 65° etc..
I have an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.

Please Blizzard tell me you have something fixes coming soon because the FFA Deathmatch which I love is unplayable with this bug..
to everyone with this issue, if you have the latest amd drivers installed, thats your issue. Remove them and install 17.7.1 and youll be fine :)
09/11/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Nihilae
Hello, I have experienced this error for three days in a row, while trying to fix it with everything listed on this topic : I tried to uninstall and reinstall my drivers to 17.7.1, worked for some time but then it started to crash, all my settings are on low, the temperature is never above 65° etc..
I have an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.

Please Blizzard tell me you have something fixes coming soon because the FFA Deathmatch which I love is unplayable with this bug..

did you turn off automatic driver updates?
LukeyBoy > Yes I did and the game just crashed on me, I played like 3 to 4 hours on
quick play and I didn't even crashed once but in my second deathmatch I crashed, it's really annoying..
I have been having this issue intermittently for months now - my tech savvy friends have tried everything to help me out, and have spent hours on it for me, but we have not been able to find a permanent solution and it's driving me crazy with frustration. I can go weeks with no rendering error crashes, but then will go a few days in a row with at least one (had one each this past Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights).

I just told everyone not to expect me in comp because I don't want to mess up anyone's matches or be banned, but that takes away a whole chunk of the game from me.

Any insight would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)