Winston did not get buffed

General Discussion
Before you read. I do not mean by any means that what I am saying is right. It is just my personal opinion about the Winston buff.

So, I tried the ''buff'' for Winston. Not a buff at all in my opinion. He is perfect for jumping the squishy characters on the enemy team, but his weapon is too weak to do that. It takes ages to kill someone. You will be dead before that happens most of the time. And the critical hit volume reduction is bullocks. I got killed in less than 2 seconds by Roadhog, D.va in and out of her mech etc. I would not call it a Winston buff. A real buff would be to ,for instance, increase his armor, or increase the damage of his weapon slightly or make it possible to destroy your bubble (like mei's wall) and lower its cooldown. (These are suggestions and I do not mean that all of them should be implemented).

Also, I don't know if this is the case, but I had the feeling during the game (PTR) that Roadhog's gun has become stronger? (more damage).
Well, Winston is still a squishy tank.

The critbox size reduction isn't going to make him into a rambo that can dive in, get 4 kills, and walk out with some scuffs. He still needs to be played like surgery; with patience and observance. Your goal is to catch snipers, healers, and frail targets that are a little out of their safe zone. You usually need to do so with heavy team coordination as well so they all dont turn around and kill the monkey zapping their teammate.
If Roadhog gets nerfed properelly Winston will see play again on koth maps. Buffing him just seems like a bad idea
Yeah I know Winston is not a killing machine. I just want him to be a bit more tanky. Just so he has a bigger chance of surviving his operation kill squishy characters :(
02/14/2017 09:13 AMPosted by RegiRampage
The critbox size reduction isn't going to make him into a rambo that can dive in, get 4 kills, and walk out with some scuffs.

Hey, you never know. Look what 100HP did to D.Va.
Winston didn't need a buff. Pros do great with him whenever there's not a three tank meta. He was even more picked than Reinhardt in the pro scene before triple tank. The best player in the world, Miro, mains him.

Think he needs to be better at lower levels? I'm at lower levels and I do great with him.
02/14/2017 09:18 AMPosted by GeniusMage
02/14/2017 09:13 AMPosted by RegiRampage
The critbox size reduction isn't going to make him into a rambo that can dive in, get 4 kills, and walk out with some scuffs.

Hey, you never know. Look what 100HP did to D.Va.

Haha fair enough mate, we shall see soon enough, but that's just my two cents at the current moment.
02/14/2017 09:15 AMPosted by ReXaGOn
If Roadhog gets nerfed properelly Winston will see play again on koth maps. Buffing him just seems like a bad idea

This. If they want Winston to be played more then roadhog needs to not be be one of the most picked characters. He's basically a harder counter to Winston than Winston is to WIdowmaker.
the problem with winston is that you can't do anything without your shield. absolutely nothing. it has a total of 18 seconds of cooldown i think and you need your bubble to do what winston was designed to do. yeah, his health is bad, his dmgis bad but this is his main problem
02/14/2017 09:08 AMPosted by SnowPie
So, I tried the ''buff'' for Winston. Not a buff at all in my opinion.
what is the definition of a buff then? "if the OP doesn't like it it's not a buff!"

it was a buff, albiet a small one. honestly I think he's balanced but I don't play him enough to know if he gets rekted too much. although I do get POTG just killing squishies on him.
"I got killed in 2 seconds by roadhog"

2 seconds? how'd u manage to survive that long???
Winston is supposed to be a counter to flankers like Tracer and Sombra but the current size of his hitbox makes shredding him down a joke. I never feel threatened by Winston when I play Tracer. I think reducing his critbox is exactly the kind of change he needs.
I agree. Right now Winston is useless unless enemy team has lots of support/squishy characters.
Even heroes woth 250 hp like Mei or Reaper kill him easily.
02/14/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Narvaz
I agree. Right now Winston is useless unless enemy team has lots of support/squishy characters.
Even heroes woth 250 hp like Mei or Reaper kill him easily.

No mei kills him because he gets frozen.

Reaper kills him because he is a tank.
even with the crit box change, he still needs an adjustment to his shield.
the CD is way too long... if Hog can hook every 6 seconds (live) and get a 1 shot kill, why cant winston have a sheild with 1k hp and have it drop every 12 seconds..