Blizzard, McCree Is NOT Playable In this Game

General Discussion
Highly Rated
McCree is the shadow of Soldier, at every single corner and step
Is Soldier too strong or is McCree just too weak?

Range damage - Pharah and Soldier are better. unless it's a perfect headshot from McCree
Close range damage - Soldier and Reaper are better (Reaper is also crap comparing to Soldier)
Escape utility - Reaper and Soldier and Tracer and Genji are better, Every one of them has a way to escape combat
Distraction Utility - Genji, Tracer, Reaper, Perfect distractions

Where's McCree ? What is his role ?
What is he supposed to do ? He got nerfed because of Low tier players who 100% suck at aiming kept crying on the forums, is this is how it's gonna work ?

as for"It's High Nooon"

1- Mei Wall
2- Mei Shield
3- Rehinshield
4- Reaper Wraith
5- Zen ult
6- Winston Shield
7- Pharah Flies way too high
8- D.va Matrix
9- Genji Deflect
10- Symm flying shield
11-Hog can rarely be killed (unless he's really damaged)
12- Zarya Bubbles + 1 Ally
13- Sombra Stealths
14- Tracer recall

Am i missing something - _ -

HOW CAN THIS ULT GET ANY WORSE OUT OF ALL DPS HEROS ULTS ?
Highly Rated
yeah Downvotes from Soldier mains
Was confused for a bit on how a top 500 actually thought mcree was weak despite him being favored in the pro scene second only to solider....then realized the poster is a console top 500.
Mecree is fine its jsut that at the moment 76 os stronger however now that diva is less used 2-2-2 is coming back.

It means that there are more pharahs and sometimes 76 is not good enough so just take mecree.

Also there are 2 dps spots why dont you ansta pick him anways. I have seen many people do that anyway and it seems fine with people.

However dont forget you have to be good to make that choice.
02/16/2017 03:50 PMPosted by ǶS0m3th1ng
Was confused for a bit on how a top 500 actually thought mcree was weak despite him being favored in the pro scene second only to solider....then realized the poster is a console top 500.

there isn't much difference, Never played PC games or mouse+keyboard and got placed at 2950 on PC after placements (higher than you currently)

pretty sure PC top 500's agree

Genji and Tracer have actually been the second and third most used DPS after Soldier. McCree has been in D and F tier for the past couple months.
This "all console players suck" meme really needs to die already.
McCree needs to be reworked or we just need to nerf soldier 76
-falloff range too small needs to be 22 meters
-how can McCree fill his anti flanker role when the flankers have get of jail free cards to counter him badly (deflects, teleports, etc)
-McCree has the worst dps ult in the game
-Bad mobility

the list goes on
while other heroes have to find a cliff to respawn with their teammates, you have a button for this. Works every time. Stop complaining.
Damn, I guess I hallucinating iddqd playing him on his stream
How are you playing McCree? McCree should stick with tanks who can shield him while he tries to get picks (preferably headshots) on squishier targets, or using his flashbang (one of only 3 non-ult abilities in the game that can stun) to counter flankers. If you're off on your own, far away from tanks and healers, trying to 1v1 the world, you're going to get wrecked. If your aim is very good, you will probably be able to leverage more value out of him than with Soldier: 76. And as for McCree's Ultimate, I agree that it is lower-impact ult in the scheme of things and could even be due a buff, but at the moment it's more on the scale of Tracer's Pulse Bomb in that it can be used to weaken or take out a few key targets, setting up a teamfight in your favour. No, you won't usually wipe the enemy team unless they are being extraordinarily careless, but Deadeye does do burst damage through Transcendence, can shatter a Rein shield and kill high-mobility heroes. All ultimates have counters, and most of the ones you list apply to many other ultimates as well. McCree is still playable, and once people get over the tank meta he'll even be good.
McCree's kit doesn't make sense for the current game state. The fact that this has dragged for nearly a year despite the awareness being raised since last year really emphasizes the generalized imbalance that Overwatch faces throughout its roster.

The original iteration of McCree may have a spot after substantial statistics. It was the closest thing we had to his intended anti-flanker role and now, we have a hero limit and can provide a fair counter to the rank issue we face. He needs improvements to solidify his viability and to truly reward a skilled hand.

Controllers have their limit but if you are skilled with a controller you can make it work. Of course M&KB will be superior in terms of precision since they are much easier to handle compared to a controller once you get used it.
McCree could definitely use some tweaks to the utility portion of his kit. His weapon is very strong and can't really be buffed... but his combat roll is lackluster and flash bang is very unreliable.

I've thought for awhile that if McCree got a small speed boost for 1-2 seconds after rolling it would make the ability a lot more flexible without really making it overpowered. Its worth testing out.

McCree is supposed to be the anti-flanker hero, but the unreliability of flash bang really limits him in that role. He probably has nightmares of Dragon Blading Genji's sailing through the air stunned right before they kill him. I'm not sure how flash bang stopping its targets momentum would work but some improvement to make it more reliable would help McCree out a lot. Its so frustrating when you play around deflect and finally stun Genji and he ends up stunned 15 yards away from you after his dash goes off. You can also comically get reeled in by Roadhog's hook while he is stunned.

As far as his ultimate I really like it style wise, but its definitely a death sentence. I think they should consider taking away or lowering some of the negatives it has (super slow movement, glow like a christmas tree, etc.) in exchange for making it take longer to charge. Dead Eye charges really fast... you just end up sitting on it forever because you usually die the moment you use it.

McCree relies a lot more on his supports than the other DPS classes; I often swap off of him simply because the healers just aren't used to or willing to baby sit McCree. He's playable, but you need really good healers to take make use of the advantages he has over Soldier.

I'm a Top 500 player on PC and I also play on console. What's your !@#$ing point?
02/16/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Sultan

I guess I hallucinated all those times he's swapped to Soldier because McCree wasn't cutting it. I've also seen him play Torb. Wanna tell me how top tier Torb is?
McCree is still pretty playable. You play him over Soldier when you value the flashbang and more reliable burst over the sustain, mobility, and raw DPS. He is also better in close range than S76. You can't fight McCree at close range easily unless you're Roadhog or full energy Zarya. And if you have a really good day on McCree, you can actually beat S76 quite easily. I've pick him a lot when there is a cheating S76 on the other team because his pinpoint accuracy is better than S76's spread in a duel.

I play McCree a lot on my smurfs at ~4400 and I still play him on my main when there is a Tracer I need to deal with since he is the only reliable hero to do the job.

It's true that S76 is way better than McCree in most situations though, and requires a lot less effort to play well. I feel like if S76 just got nerfed by 1 damage, they would both be in a good spot.

edit: Oh, and McCree can peek in and out of cover for each shot. So that's also why he can beat cheating S76's.
Swap McCree and Soldiers range around. Soldier goes to 22-45 and McCree goes to 30-55. Soldier is still effective at short-mid range, but McCree better fills out his role of pseudo-sniper.

Make Flashbang stop momentum. Makes it more reliable for the McCree and prevents it being countered by someone bunnyhopping still moving for the entire duration of the stun.

See where those changes take him. High Noon is a high risk, high reward ultimate, and it's counterability is based on that it's very fast charging.
02/16/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Ramiel
02/16/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Sultan

I guess I hallucinated all those times he's swapped to Soldier because McCree wasn't cutting it. I've also seen him play Torb. Wanna tell me how top tier Torb is?

Seconded. Pros have begun to incline to 76, like BromaS, IDDQD, etc. it's not new.