Neglect of a McCree

General Discussion
Ever since solider got buffed..... I have been sad. I would always play McCree as my go to DPS since I was !@%*#@*# at solider. I feel as if there is an empty void in my chest. Oh the glory days of carrying my incompetent teammates at McCree. Now it is solider blindly firing into tanks while I try to 1v1 a Genji and losing because flashbang doesn't stop moment which I find absurd. Roadhogs hook can stop momentum and can be flung 80 meters while McCrees flash bang couldn't stop the momentum of a snail. And don't get me started on his ultimate. Deadeye should just be called dead because once you press Q, the enemy team sees the god damn walking talking Christmas Tree and kills you. Not to mention when the skull lights up and they PEEK into cover, you miss. What was the logic behind this. Some Genji main will scream "It's just latency bro git gud" and chant some bull!@#$ about Genji's ult not needing to be nerfed. Well, I say when it's red they should be %^-*ing dead because you waited, so so patiently for the skull on mei to light up and right as you shoot, she puts her wall up. And that's the other problem. His bullets are treated like projectiles. Finally, his roll. Same cool down as soldiers helix rockets but not as useful. Less of a cooldown then Genjis swift strike but can't be used to escape when you roll two god damn feet. I say reduce the cooldown, get it back when an elimination is earned, or make him do more damage when reloaded with the roll to make his kit more USEFULL. Last words on the matter is that McCree should be picked because of utility and not because he can do crazy headshot damage.

Edit: almost forgot. His fan the hammer is so god damn useless. Is it meant for flankers once flashbanged?Is it meant to burn down barriers? It's neither because they nerfed it (for good reason) but if I remember correctly they said flash and FtH was the best way to deal with flankers. That is false because everytime I do it the Genji and tracer at both spamming Shift or E to get away. Huge huge huge contradiction.
Paragraphs are your friend
I see your points and many agree, but I definitely think a more constructive approach from McCree players is required here.

McCree doesn't really make sense in his current state however, he is very close to balance when you consider his previous iterations (his rise and fall). I won't stop playing him because of it, never will; but I certainly believe that they've been dodging it too long. At this point, we've discussed this since last summer. It's a forum meme.
I see your points and many agree, but I definitely think a more constructive approach from McCree players is required here.

McCree doesn't really make sense in his current state. I won't stop playing him because of it, never will; but I certainly believe that they've been dodging it too long. At this point, we've discussed this since last summer. It's a forum meme.

I won't stop playing him either I just think Blizzard needs to address McCree just cannot compete with solider because his utility is too inconsistent and solider brings more utility to the table than McCree does.
02/16/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Grieveston

McCree doesn't really make sense in his current state. I won't stop playing him because of it, never will; but I certainly believe that they've been dodging it too long. At this point, we've discussed this since last summer. It's a forum meme.

I won't stop playing him either I just think Blizzard needs to address McCree just cannot compete with solider because his utility is too inconsistent and solider brings more utility to the table than McCree does.

Completely get where you are coming from and I agree wholeheartedly.

Many great arguments have been proposed, hell even one of the bigger posts (written by iSinner) made it to the front page of the Overwatch Reddit - illustrating the challenges that McCree faced. An impressive feat, yet it went entirely ignored.
I've been playing a lot of McCree lately and he could definitely use some tweaks to keep up with how dominant Soldier has become. The cooldown on his roll could use a reduction. Personally I would love to see Blizz ease up on the damage drop of his main weapon over distance, thus making him more adept at taking out a flying Pharah.

These forum complaints are something else....Imagine if you had the ability to change time. You change one thing, and it could effect endless other things.

OW is no different IMO, so what Soldier 76 got buffed, McCree didn't LOSE anything when this happened. You just have to BE REALLY GOOD AT MCREE! Are all DPS heroes supposed to have the same utility? Why can't they be situational? There are games im like, "we need a S76" and there are games where I'm like, "We could really use a McCree for this Tracer/Genji or w/e)

I have played games where I'm like "THIS FRICKIN MCREE is HACKING!!!", in reality, they were just a good shot. Players have to learn to get better at the game, and I don't mean that in a demeaning way.

Instead of trying to change the rules and balance this and that and friggin buff/nerf every character. Simply put time in and get better at the character of your choice, or learn to counter those you struggle against. The game hasn't even been out a year yet...and all you see is buff this, nerf that.

I remember playing games like BF and COD, and the game could have been out 2 years, and there were still new strategies popping up, with no BUFF/NERFS to hardly anything.

These forum complaints are something else....Imagine if you had the ability to change time. You change one thing, and it could effect endless other things.

OW is no different IMO, so what Soldier 76 got buffed, McCree didn't LOSE anything when this happened. You just have to BE REALLY GOOD AT MCREE! Are all DPS heroes supposed to have the same utility? Why can't they be situational? There are games im like, "we need a S76" and there are games where I'm like, "We could really use a McCree for this Tracer/Genji or w/e)

I have played games where I'm like "THIS FRICKIN MCREE is HACKING!!!", in reality, they were just a good shot. Players have to learn to get better at the game, and I don't mean that in a demeaning way.

Instead of trying to change the rules and balance this and that and friggin buff/nerf every character. Simply put time in and get better at the character of your choice, or learn to counter those you struggle against. The game hasn't even been out a year yet...and all you see is buff this, nerf that.

I remember playing games like BF and COD, and the game could have been out 2 years, and there were still new strategies popping up, with no BUFF/NERFS to hardly anything.

You sound tilted.
02/16/2017 02:27 PMPosted by NotMcCree

McCree doesn't really make sense in his current state however, he is very close to balance when you consider his previous iterations (his rise and fall). I won't stop playing him because of it, never will; but I certainly believe that they've been dodging it too long. At this point, we've discussed this since last summer. It's a forum meme.

The worst thing is that he's "close to being balanced", meanwhile you have others that are utterly OP making him even more UP than what he would otherwise be.
02/16/2017 03:15 PMPosted by Relex
02/16/2017 02:27 PMPosted by NotMcCree

The worst thing is that he's "close to being balanced", meanwhile you have others that are utterly OP making him even more UP than what he would otherwise be.
I agree and the silence from Blizzard gives quite the impression they don't like McCree but will give him new skins. No Blizzard, that won't make McCree get picked any more.

You sound tilted.

I'm saying McCree should have more utility at close range instead of needing aim to be good with McCree. Yes, I do know there are people who are gods at McCree in just saying he is inconsistent at close range and needs a rework.
I'm way too lazy to read all that s*it, but I'm still going to act like I did and dice roll a conversation

With soldier being a thing there really is no real reason to run McCream over him, unless you want to be a try hard and use him only for his gun(which isn't that amazing besides the massive headshot damage)

There are two things wrong with McCree, his busted kit that the devs never reworked to compensate for the fth nerf (6 seconds just to roll/reload) and his gun, his gun is good but it's range is meh and fth is practically like firing salt rocks.

He is close to being balanced reduce cd time for abilities and tighten fth spread, but they will probably not do that or just do something completely complicated and unneeded,

he should be focused on being an anti flanker with good but not amazing burst rang

Edit: Oh yeah and mei is sorta a thing, she technically has better range more ammo and a similar rof, only draw back is her hit scan-like projectiles and the delay fire(which in some cases is actually a benefit)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

For you:
http://tinyurl.com/gwxsfxs

This will help since you are a bit tilted.
02/16/2017 03:41 PMPosted by RagedShadow

For you:

LOL
02/16/2017 02:43 PMPosted by Pav
I've been playing a lot of McCree lately and he could definitely use some tweaks to keep up with how dominant Soldier has become. The cooldown on his roll could use a reduction. Personally I would love to see Blizz ease up on the damage drop of his main weapon over distance, thus making him more adept at taking out a flying Pharah.

Increasing his minimal damage over range could be helpful. I think making his CQC better would be more helpful, since it's one of the areas he kind of excels in over Soldier, and I think emphasizing that diffrence would give players a reason to take him over Soldier.
02/16/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Ramiel
02/16/2017 02:43 PMPosted by Pav

Increasing his minimal damage over range could be helpful. I think making his CQC better would be more helpful, since it's one of the areas he kind of excels in over Soldier, and I think emphasizing that diffrence would give players a reason to take him over Soldier.

His range is fine it's the fact his inconsistent flashbang fan the hammer combo doesn't work because

1. Flashbang doesn't stop momentum and you can jump to !@#$ with the McCrees aim.

2. When you land said flashbang fan the hammer kicks like donkey balls at a Dallas rodeo and they end up getting away.

And I get it "UH YEA YOU JUST AIM AT THEIR HEAD WHEN YOU FLASH THEM" says every Genji main who plays two seconds of McCree. Well why was FtH made? To burn down tanks? At first then everyone screamed nerf. To burn down reins shield? Hardly. You would get more consistent damage firing it with left click.
Hi
02/16/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Grieveston
02/16/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Ramiel

His range is fine it's the fact his inconsistent flashbang fan the hammer combo doesn't work because

1. Flashbang doesn't stop momentum and you can jump to !@#$ with the McCrees aim.

2. When you land said flashbang fan the hammer kicks like donkey balls at a Dallas rodeo and they end up getting away.

And I get it "UH YEA YOU JUST AIM AT THEIR HEAD WHEN YOU FLASH THEM" says every Genji main who plays two seconds of McCree. Well why was FtH made? To burn down tanks? At first then everyone screamed nerf. To burn down reins shield? Hardly. You would get more consistent damage firing it with left click.

I agree that his kit should get more attention before they try to buff his M1 again.
02/16/2017 03:41 PMPosted by RagedShadow

For you:

LOL! Nice. I like how the one telling people to stop complaining and just practice is tilted. If that is the case, Yes, I am tilted in everything I do in life! I adapt, push forward, and strive for success. =) Tilt is the new way!
I still play McCree in masters and top 500. Soldier can be 2 shot, it's just all about positioning. I understand the OP argument though. Soldier seems pretty beastly but still he can be taken out pretty easily, if correct positioning is done