D.VA Rework Coming?

General Discussion
After all these complaints I am very afraid that Blizzard might just rework all of D.VA to "fix her"

The problem with this is that I don't want a "new" D.VA and I don't want them to replace anything she already had

I want to have the mobile tank D.VA who can flank the enemies line and deal some dmg and fly back (Season 2)

But in her current state yeah she can't do that but she can still fly AT LEAST

If they where to remove anything to balance her out I'd say remove the giant crit spot then the 400-200 is fine and buff her dmg so she can deal mid ranged damage again

But please for the love of god don't rework her
i rather have rework dva than death dva! Dva is death now blizz killed her!
this nerf ruined her! plz blizz just buff her back or rework it

and yes i am dva main
I don't think Blizzard is going to react to any of the D.Va threads that are going around today. They're probably going to wait for civil and constructive feedback instead.
01/26/2017 04:17 PMPosted by Columbo
I don't think Blizzard is going to react to any of the D.Va threads that are going around today. They're probably going to wait for civil and constructive feedback instead.

A lot of it IS civil and constructive feedback.

We have been giving constructive criticism on multiple avenues since December and their response was basically "You don't know !@#$, deal with it." And now we are where we are. They claim to consider player feedback in the context of balance but nothing they've done since release proves that.
I hope that Blizzard does something soon, this level of negative feedback about the nerf is really high. I agree though, having Blizzard panic and completely rework Dva by drastically changing her boosters or defence matrix would be a disaster. Any changes that Blizzard makes that don't affect her healthpool, such as changing it to 300/300, will take Dva further and further from the tank role.
I say keep her the way she is now mech wise, but buff her pilot mode (add health, armor, and second ability) so both get 50/50 useage

That or revert her back to pre buff and have her hover with boost ability/add fuel so she can defend junks tire more effectively
I sincerely hope the overnerf is a bandaid fix while they work on fixing her design. The real problem is that huge critbox. It's what makes all the health balance changes problematic in the first place.
01/26/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Splenectomy
I hope that Blizzard does something soon, this level of negative feedback about the nerf is really high.

Is-it the first time the level of negative feedbacks is that high ? What about the McCree and Genji nerfs ?
I'm hoping they take a look at her head hit box, but yes I also assume she's going to need at least 100 more armor or she's not going to work.
I feel like Blizzard is trying too hard to balance her around the existing defense matrix, when I feel like that's not a role Jeff Kaplan or the playerbase in general wants her to fill.

If anything about D.Va got reworked that's one of the first things I'd look at changing, that or maybe pilot mode to make it more useful outside of meme value.
01/26/2017 04:19 PMPosted by RobotParty

A lot of it IS civil and constructive feedback.

That is a matter of perspective.

Far as I'm concerned, the reason D.va's such a b**** to balance is because of her defense matrix being something of an absolute defense. One can't "beat it down" like One can Reinhardt's, Winston's and Zarya's barriers. Unless the weapon is a beam weapon, it completely shuts down enemy damage output, which is god-like mitigation potential. It's basically like saying the only characters effective at taking on D.va are what One might consider her hard counters (by sheer virtue that they're the only ones that can reliably and consistently deal damage.) At that point, Blizzard is kind of trying to find the right vulnerability for D.va between DM uses so that the other characters aren't totally shafted just because she's operating in the field. I don't think we'll ever see the crit box go away because of this reality either.

In short, players will have to agree to some additional limitations on DM before that crit box is deleted, though those limitations might make it harder for some D.va players to protect their allies in a skirmish (all five of them that recognize the 10m length is there for a reason.)
Bring back launch d.va but remove critbox from mech. Fixed. Her mech puts korean engineering to shame at this state.

And they are going to ignore it just like they did when we gave the civil and constructive feedback from PTR.
If they remove the crit spot entirely i do not expect you to want more than 200/200 if you want to be taken seriously.

That critspot is the only reason a decent DVA ever goes down atm
Nah,she could definately use a rework.
It doesn't need to change her playstyle drastically or anything.

But her weapon+DM could use some changes to address the problem she has and causes.

1)She's a terribly simple hero,low skill floor,questionable skill cap.

2)Can easily shut down any dps plays by waving the matrix in people's face.

This is bad as it counters flanking and big dps plays easily without much skill needed.Prompting a more tanky,deathball play style woth limited hero diversity.
Ie:!@#$ty tank meta

It would be ideal if they could fix these problems.
I feel like Blizzard is trying too hard to balance her around the existing defense matrix, when I feel like that's not a role Jeff Kaplan or the playerbase in general wants her to fill.

I love defence Matrix, it is her main gift to her team IMO.
I love playing as D.Va (check my hours as her if for some reason you don't believe me lol). However, I really want this change to stay on the live server for at least a month. This way we can gauge what she truly needs to have changed, if she needs something at all. I'm pretty sure that's what Blizzard is going to do since live server sees more "testing action" then the PTR ever will.

Personally, I think the only thing for sure she needs is a more consistent Defense Matrix. A great portion of the time, it does its job - like Roadhog's old hook doing the thing. But sometimes, it doesn't do it's job and screws over me/my team - again, like Roadhog's old hook where it reeled enemies in an unintended way. So if Roadie's hook can get a consistency-fix, then I'm sure D.Va's D.Matrix can get a consistency fix.
01/26/2017 04:55 PMPosted by Yuzhan

I love defence Matrix, it is her main gift to her team IMO.

It is. I mean, most players don't seem to use it for more than to get in or get out of a dive (aka, protecting their own skins) but a lot of the D.va complaints really do come from the angle that there's literally nothing most heroes can do to work around or past it.

I imagine D.va's enemies would prefer that defense matrix stopped only so many attacks in a period of time but it could be active for a longer period of time and on a relatively shorter recovery time than its current functionality, and even allow for the removal of the crit box with a proper reassessment of health values to go with it.
It's funny to me how D.Va's DM is touted as this end all be all ability, and she's SUCH a simple/easy character to play (really? This game has Reaper in it, lbr) meanwhile D.Va's LITERALLY been in the dumpster out back for the majority of this game's release and if you tried to run her in soloQ you would get flamed until you "prove" your ability on the battlefield. And up until S3 D.Va's only brush w/ the meta was as THE default stall tactic.

Let's stop trying to rewrite history to suit some "D.Va's too OP!!!!" narrative in the wake of her untimely demise.