Do you think McCree moves too slow?

General Discussion
Anybody else think McCree needs his run speed upped a little bit? Anytime I pick McCree and I die, the run back to the battle feels pretty long. Almost to the point that I have to weigh my options if I'd be better off picking another character.
Sorry for the random topic, just bored at the moment :)
Run speed. No. I wouldn't mind seeing them experiment with giving his roll multiple charges though similar to how Tracer and her blinks work.
I think the volume of his footsteps are also a concern.

His mobility makes Junkrat look able.
Personally, i do. That's not to say it isn't appropriate that he moves slow balance wise. I just find the more fleet of foot heroes much more enjoyable so i naturally stay away from the McCrees, Hanzo's (who is slow even if he has good mobility and range of motion) and Reinhardts of the world.
02/16/2017 08:42 AMPosted by DarkStar189
Anybody else think McCree needs his run speed upped a little bit? Anytime I pick McCree and I die, the run back to the battle feels pretty long. Almost to the point that I have to weigh my options if I'd be better off picking another character.

i had the same thing with Mei in the beginning, but truthfully, alot of characters cant be faster than normal running speed. sure, they got an ability that can make them fly, or lucio that can make everyone run faster, but alot of characters still have to run at average speed.
his combat roll should atleast move farther, maybe have an option to roll back into its original position.
Well, he moves at the same speed as most of the cast. The problem is he doesn't have the ability to boost his speed like every other Offensive.

Unless you count Evasive Roll. I don't.

It's kinda confusing, because his kit focuses on close range combat, but he can't get into that range effectively unless the enemy is coming towards him.

If they made Evasive Roll turn into an Evasive Dive with way more distance, I could see that helping a good deal.
02/16/2017 08:54 AMPosted by DarkStar189
Personally, i do. That's not to say it isn't appropriate that he moves slow balance wise. I just find the more fleet of foot heroes much more enjoyable so i naturally stay away from the McCrees, Hanzo's (who is slow even if he has good mobility and range of motion) and Reinhardts of the world.

Maybe that's what it is. I don't really have a problem with his speed when I'm in battle. It's just that slog back to the battle, mixed with his somewhat small health that I feel like I don't want to use him. A lot of characters can self heal in some way or they are nimble enough to evade a little bit. With McCree I have to pray a healer will be nearby because unless I have perfect aim things generally don't go in my favor.
02/16/2017 08:42 AMPosted by DarkStar189

I actually really -really- -really- like this idea. It would give him a tangible edge over soldier 76 in that soldier 76 needs to stop attacking to run meaning he has more burst mobility while McCree has consistent mobility. I'd also like to see his movement speed while high nooning increased a little bit.
He is kind of unique in that he doesn't have much mobility for an assault, but a lot of combat utility and damage. So no, I think that's an integral part of his design that's worth preserving.
Buff McCree's mobility please!
Maybe increase the distance of his frontal roll, but keep the distance as is on his backwards roll for FTH.
Cowboys don't run. I wouldn't mind a roll that goes a bit further, though.
His lack of mobility does make him feel like a Defense Hero rather then an Assault hero, not to mention that his main role is to be an anti-flanker and ranged damage dealer. As well as the fact he's very reliant on positioning without many tools to allow him to get into good position quick.

The game says that 'Assault heros are mobile threats', he doesn't really feel very mobile :v

He's also the only Assault hero with a CC ability...then again hero class doesn't really mean much, still he does feel like he'd fill Defense better as he is...it would be good if he got some mobility upgrades. He should also stop wearing such noisy shoes.
Do you think McCree moves too slow?

Yes.

/thread
02/16/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Zenity
combat utility and damage.

McCree has combat utility? You mean that buggy 0.7sec stun with a 5m range and 10sec cooldown?

Also his damage is only good if you can get with 22m of the enemy and nail back-to-back headshots.

Currently McCree is the most fragile hero by far (200hp + zero mobility/escapes) with a lackluster kit and mediocre DPS unless you're a leftclick headshot god, and that too only in close range.
McCree is a lot like playing Dark Souls, you are gonna die a lot unless you learn how to dodge and evade through rolling. So why not give him a stamina bar and actually make his roll function like Dark Souls?