Next hero IS Doomfist

General Discussion
HE said 24 is not who you think it is.

IF 24 = Doomfist
than he is saying "Doomfist is not who you think it is" letting is know that it's not Terry Crews.

Doomfist is African(from Nubani according to lore out there) so they will probably find someone with the proper accent. They might have Terry Crews play another hero that is loudmouth and crazy.
Frankly it could be interpreted in so many ways that it could literally be anyone.

Nobody saw Ana coming back then, so it will most likely be another surprise.

What confuses me is the fact that the theme playing on the PTR menu is the same that plays in Terry's mock audition for Doomfist, and the PTR had a broken glass model for Numbani's payload. Just about everything points at Doomfist.

My bet is that it might either be a complete surprise or a direct subordinate of Doomfist, so yet another Talon villain.
It's gonna be bob not doomhand
02/18/2017 04:55 AMPosted by GamingSans
It's gonna be bob not doomhand
ohmybob from the Overwatch forums
You're were going strong. Till you made the 3rd paragraph about his nationality.
02/18/2017 04:55 AMPosted by Ixron
Frankly it could be interpreted in so many ways that it could literally be anyone.

What confuses me is the fact that the theme playing on the PTR menu is the same that plays in Terry's mock audition for Doomfist, and the PTR had a broken glass model for Numbani's payload. Just about everything points at Doomfist.

My bet is that it might either be a complete surprise or a direct subordinate of Doomfist, so yet another Talon villain.

I think the reason Jeff brought it up is so when Doomfist comes out and it's not Terry that there will be less of a backlash
02/18/2017 04:56 AMPosted by Kyaw
You're were going strong. Till you made the 3rd paragraph about his nationality.

what about it? they have been getting actors that are from the country of origin of the hero to properly represent the accent. they even changed Mercy because of that. the only exception is Lucio and they felt bad cause he was doing a great job.
HE said 24 is not who you think it is.

IF 24 = Doomfist
than he is saying "Doomfist is not who you think it is" letting is know that it's not Terry Crews.

Doomfist is African so they will probably find someone with the proper accent. They might have Terry Crews play another hero that is loudmouth and crazy.

This was my original theory about Jeff's comment, however with all the light being shone at this new Greek hero we've been hearing a lot about, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the next hero.
02/18/2017 04:56 AMPosted by BADD
I think the reason Jeff brought it up is so when Doomfist comes out and it's not Terry that there will be less of a backlash
Yeah, maybe he was referring to the VA. If that is the case, poor Terry...

Would make sense though, I love the guy but I can see why they wouldn't choose him. Maybe they think he just doesn't "fit" as a villain.

He's also presumably from Africa considering the previous Doomfists. They got away with Lucio's complete lack of Portuguese lines but they won't do that again I guess. Look at Ana and Sombra.
There are two heroes coming at the same time and Doomfist is the 25th :3

Yeah, with the files teasing him on PTR, not to mention the thing with Terry Crews, I have a hard time believing Doomfist isn't in development.

I suppose it's possible he is in development but isn't #24, though.
Unfortunatelly It's really possible, that not Terry will be his VA. But Jeff's comment also could mean, that not Doomfist will be the next hero. The true meaning behind Jeff's message that we shouldn't hype ourselfes without any information, because we could easily disappoint ourselves
02/18/2017 05:03 AMPosted by Faint13
Unfortunatelly It's really possible, that not Terry will be his VA. But Jeff's comment also could mean, that not Doomfist will be the next hero. The true meaning behind Jeff's message that we shouldn't hype ourselfes without any information, because we could easily disappoint ourselves
He purposely didn't mention 24's name, so yeah. Either it's not Terry or it's a completely different hero whose name he is not allowed to reveal yet.
02/18/2017 04:56 AMPosted by BADD

Terry IS coming as doomfist, the "mock audition" wouldnt have happened otherwise. Its probable that the hero just isnt ready yet. I do find strange the music on the ptr(even if it its from the firts overwatch video originally) and the payload leak, it makes me think that he is coming very soon.
Guys, the next hero is obviously Jeff Kaplan. Wrestle with Jeff, Prepare for Death.
Athena steps down as the in game announcer to become the next playable hero. Terry Crews replaces her.
02/18/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Fletberlew
Guys, the next hero is obviously Jeff Kaplan. Wrestle with Jeff, Prepare for Death.
Similarly to Tracer and Widowmaker, he has an elliptical as, but it can spray really hot water and deals a lot of damage
Honestly, I'm really hoping for a double release. The whole cracked thing on Numbani could be for doomfist, maybe we've missed something already in the game about this upcoming hero just like Ana? I must admit, I really did like the Sombra ARG, I'd find myself checking youtube non-stop just to find more about her and I personally believe that it wasn't that bad, of course I wasn't the one attempting to solve it so eh.
02/18/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Faint13
Similarly to Tracer and Widowmaker, he has an elliptical as, but it can spray really hot water and deals a lot of damage

He can also create mini Mecrees that shout , its mid day every 5 seconds.

Came here for this. Have a +1 bump.