Question about intentionally deranking

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
I know that griefing a team of randoms is bannable, but is it still bannable if you do it in a six man group? I remember seeing some players do this before but I'm still not sure if Blizzard has ever officially addressed it.
Highly Rated
This is a bit of a gray area and not everyone will agree with me here, but I'd say that intentionally deranking is an act that purposefully de-stabalizes the matchmaking process and that it could be seen as a form of griefing, even in a 6 man stack. Because now your 6-man stack is ranked 1500 instead of 3000... so when you decide to play again for real, you're going to be slaughtering newbies that stand no chance because of how you rigged the process.
We are strongly opposed to this behavior and working on a policy to make it consistently actionable and detectable. Even if you are in a 6 person team, intentionally losing to lower your skill rating is not acceptable.

For now, feel free to use the reporting system and choose Griefing/Inactivity to report this (coming soon to console).
Feb 3 -251
02/03/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We are strongly opposed to this behavior and working on a policy to make it consistently actionable and detectable. Even if you are in a 6 person team, intentionally losing to lower your skill rating is not acceptable.

For now, feel free to use the reporting system and choose Griefing/Inactivity to report this (coming soon to console).

Why is it so frowned upon?
Highly Rated
02/03/2017 09:12 AMPosted by CORSET

Does this even need to be answered? I mean, it's pretty obvious why? Derank down from Masters so you can stomp golds? I mean, thats terrible.
Highly Rated
I hope there are also plans to temp ban or mute people who are being incredibly toxic. Like being flamed for picking Widowmaker before the game even starts and then the person tells the enemy team 'we have a thrower' just because they don't like your hero is absurd and should also be against the rules.

Me: Picks Torb on offense
Teammate: You throwing mate?
Me: Doesn't respond because I'm tired of people questioning who I pick
Teammate: Guys please report our Torb for throwing

This happens way more than it should.
Highly Rated

You are de ranking to bone people far below your own skill rating or otherwise boost people that dont deserve to be higher ranking. isnt it obvious?
Feb 3 -120
02/03/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Judic

Does this even need to be answered? I mean, it's pretty obvious why? Derank down from Masters so you can stomp golds? I mean, thats terrible.

I mean, if you just wanted to win, there's always QP.
Hey, Jeff agrees with me. Weeee
Highly Rated

Sadly this report feature you are talking about doesn't work.
Feb 3 -151
"We are strongly opposED"?
Past tense? Doesn't that mean you no longer oppose it?
Highly Rated
02/03/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Doctor

No. Because the word "are" instead of "were" implies present tense.
Highly Rated
02/03/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Doctor

That is not how you English. If you are opposed to something, you are actively opposing it. If you were opposed to something, you no longer are actively opposing it.
02/03/2017 09:16 AMPosted by CORSET
02/03/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Judic

I mean, if you just wanted to win, there's always QP.

they want those sweet easy competitive points

Oh why don't you go back to jerking off over hats
02/03/2017 09:30 AMPosted by VitaminX

Oh why don't you go back to jerking off over hats

D:

Because there are no hats in this game for me to jerk off to?
02/03/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Nazrin

You are de ranking to bone people far below your own skill rating or otherwise boost people that dont deserve to be higher ranking. isnt it obvious?
People do it so they can play ranked with friends.

Cause people dislike playing games knowing they are going to lose cause they are not as good as they thought. Overwatch is meant to be fun. Some just like skipping around as diva