Fix Queue for Low Level Players

General Discussion
I'm level 158 low Master Rank on my main account. I started a new account to see if I actually deserve to be in Master because I don't think so.

Well upon playing with this Fresh Level 1 account it takes me 10x as long to find a match. I get that maybe Blizzard is trying to make it more fair towards lower people and group them up but I'd rather not wait 5-10min + on a Quick Match or Arcade Queue. I've tried each one and they all take at least 5 minutes to get into a game.

I'm not complaining that the queue sucks and will match me against better players. I'm complaining because it takes too damn long to find a single match. That shouldn't happen. Sometimes I'll be in queue for 15 minutes and not a single one.
With your new account and your new MMR the game wants to match you with players that have a low MMR. I'd imagine there aren't quite as many at that level and that is why it is taking longer.
01/30/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Valmek
I'm level 158 low Master Rank on my main account. I started a new account to see if I actually deserve to be in Master because I don't think so.

Well upon playing with this Fresh Level 1 account it takes me 10x as long to find a match. I get that maybe Blizzard is trying to make it more fair towards lower people and group them up but I'd rather not wait 5-10min + on a Quick Match or Arcade Queue. I've tried each one and they all take at least 5 minutes to get into a game.

I'm not complaining that the queue sucks and will match me against better players. I'm complaining because it takes too damn long to find a single match. That shouldn't happen. Sometimes I'll be in queue for 15 minutes and not a single one.

Apologies that you are experiencing longer than normal queue times. You pretty much deduced what the problem is. Our matchmaking system narrows in on your skill level quickly. So even though you have a "new" account, it's very obvious to us that you are a high-skill player. We also do some things to lessen the frequency that "new" players get matched against experienced players. A lot of our truly new players will complain if they see players higher level than they are (account level, not SR). So at the very lowest levels, we try to match you in a pool of "new" players. But there are extremely few "new" players who are Master skill players so matches are going to take you a long time until you level up some.

One way to help this situation would be for you to group with non-low level players who are also of your skill level. This will pull you out of the new player pool more quickly.

I know this situation seems non-ideal for you. But the silver lining here is it shows that our matchmaking system is working and doing its best to prevent brand new players from getting matched against high skill players on alternate accounts.
Highly Rated
A wild Jeff has appeared.
Thanks for staying in touch with us as always, jeff :D

I love how the developers always keep in contact with us! :D
01/30/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Apologies that you are experiencing longer than normal queue times. You pretty much deduced what the problem is. Our matchmaking system narrows in on your skill level quickly. So even though you have a "new" account, it's very obvious to us that you are a high-skill player. We also do some things to lessen the frequency that "new" players get matched against experienced players. A lot of our truly new players will complain if they see players higher level than they are (account level, not SR). So at the very lowest levels, we try to match you in a pool of "new" players. But there are extremely few "new" players who are Master skill players so matches are going to take you a long time until you level up some.

One way to help this situation would be for you to group with non-low level players who are also of your skill level. This will pull you out of the new player pool more quickly.

I know this situation seems non-ideal for you. But the silver lining here is it shows that our matchmaking system is working and doing its best to prevent brand new players from getting matched against high skill players on alternate accounts.
woah hello there

Nice lie Jeff, I have a 2nd account and I dumpster new players with Roadhog and I'm still getting placed with new players after t-bagging new players 30 times before dying every match.
If you read between the lines, it sounds like he sayings to boost.

Edit: I forget people can't see I'm not being serious through text.

thanks jeff

GOD HAS SPOKEN
GOD HAS SPOKEEEEEN
Been complaining about this a while ago. I wasted money on an alt account. Cant find but one match.
01/30/2017 01:05 PMPosted by FizCap

Nice lie Jeff, I have a 2nd account and I dumpster new players with Roadhog and I'm still getting placed with new players after t-bagging new players 30 times before dying every match.
That jus makes you a !@#$%.
Our matchmaking system narrows in on your skill level quickly. So even though you have a "new" account, it's very obvious to us that you are a high-skill player.
So can you please explain why on Quickplay I am against high Masters, Grandmasters and Top 500 and my team is made by Plats/Diamonds and I'm only a Diamond player?...

So basically you made a crappy game and don't have any way to fix it. Thanks for nothing
01/30/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Goodgame
So basically you made a crappy game and don't have any way to fix it. Thanks for nothing
This post reduced my IQ by 100
01/30/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Stefanonimo
Our matchmaking system narrows in on your skill level quickly. So even though you have a "new" account, it's very obvious to us that you are a high-skill player.
So can you please explain why on Quickplay I am against high Masters, Grandmasters and Top 500 and my team is made by Plats/Diamonds and I'm only a Diamond player?...

Maybe it's adding all your MMR together, dividing it by one, and pitting you against the level of competition you "should" be facing.
01/30/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Goodgame

It's people like you and FizCap that really bring this community down. If you feel you can do better then start a company and do it else the exit door is that way ->.
I'm gonna call it now fake post for specific reply.
I have an alt account too but I just don't play on it because of the extremely long queue times. The time spent in the menus it feels like I could have had an entire game on the main account.

Only did it to see where I'd place with a fresh slate and playing solo instead of grouped like I do on my main account... but at this rate it'll be Season 4 before I get around to leveling that account high enough to play Competitive.

I did try asking in General chat on the menu screen if people wanted to queue for Quickplay but get so few bites unfortunately.

Thank you