Lore

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Is the lore dead? We haven't even touched the surface of what's going on or the history of anything. The last bits we got were the Christmas comic, but it didn't tell us anything, and sombra, which also didn't provide anything but more questions.

There's even questions why certain characters are even here. I love symmetra but why is she here. Same with roadhog, junkrat, Pharah, hanzo, d.va, zarya, ect.

It just kind of feels empty as of now.
I'd love a book or a true comic series.
Specially a book, i do love reading and a book about Overwatch universe would be freaking awesome.
too bad that the graphic novel got cancelled.
02/02/2017 10:34 AMPosted by WorstRobot
too bad that the graphic novel got cancelled.

They're even said they were going to go a different way but yet nothing has materialize.
I wouldn't mind if they did some brawls or even events centered around the lore that do some story telling.
I would love to have PvE Lore game modes.
We're all excited to continue to explore the world of Overwatch and are hard at work creating new story content for the year, which should hopefully start to roll out in the very near future. Stay tuned!
Highly Rated
02/02/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Michael Chu
We're all excited to continue to explore the world of Overwatch and are hard at work creating new story content for the year, which should hopefully start to roll out in the very near future. Stay tuned!

I hope its a short.
Thanks Michael Chu!
What? This game has lore? Actual decent lore? What?

ok

Glad to know its being worked on. I would to see some people respond to Winston's Recall, most agents seems to have ignored it.
God I hope so...

The cancellation of the Graphic Novel was a major disappointment so I look forward to whatever you have "in the very near future."
02/02/2017 10:58 AMPosted by Keys

In game content or gtfo
Responses like this are why Blizzard rarely posts here. And I don't blame them. :/
I'd like a faster way to know more about the Overwatch universe at once than short cinematics and small casual comics. Specially for someone anxious as i am, it's really frustrating to even think about it. A bunch of questions and absolutely no answer at all, and every content release brings even more more questions and again ~no answers~.

Very near...like, in the next 1 - 2 months? That would be awesome. Wonder what it could be...events? Shorts? Comics? I'm just too eager for more of this universe's lore.

Especially McCree's. I dunno why, but he was my instant favorite character and I can't wait to see more of his story. Genji is a close second, followed by Reaper.

Roadhog and Junkrat are also a very dynamic duo.

Who am I kidding, I want to see more of almost all of these characters.

Any chance there will be changes to things like Reinhardt's bio? It says Overwatch was founded 30+ years ago but your previous comment about the date of the Omnic Crisis(around 25 years ago give or take a few) means that can't really be possible.

Will we see progression into the role that overwatch post-recall will bring to the world? Or is that what the gameplay represents?
We finally get to find out who besides Tracer is gay and if Mei and RH really are twins.