Mccree's FTH

General Discussion
Ever since blizzard lowered the damage of fan the hammer to stop it from being a tankbuster, it has been a pretty underwhelming ability. I would like to be able to use it to finish off low health, hard to hit characters like phara, gengi, and symmetra, but the chances of hitting even one of six shots past 8 meters is too low.

As it is now, fth's only use is a face hugging range flashbang combo, when it could be a useful part of mccree's kit. Right now, players would rater choose soldier than take the risk of having to be pinpoint accurate all the time on mccree. Please reduce the spread of fan the hammer so that it can be used to do damage to far away players. It will still do less damage than accurate primary fire, but can give mccree options and make him less reliant on having to have pinpoint accuracy on fast targets.
What's FtH?
02/16/2017 01:30 PMPosted by NotMcCree
What's FtH?

Sorry about that, its fan the hammer!
02/16/2017 01:31 PMPosted by MLGTactics
02/16/2017 01:30 PMPosted by NotMcCree
What's FtH?

Lol that was the joke haha, it barely exists in the game. :)
i remember back in the days ... ugh ... i was totally afraid everytime there was a McCree in the Enemy team that knows how to F-someone up.
McCree Carry was even real.
nowadays everyone only goes 1o1 with Flashbang Spam and nothing else.

He was a really brutal Hero and i kinda Miss this because all those Nerfs also are reasons why stuff like Tank Meta happend
02/16/2017 01:31 PMPosted by NotMcCree
02/16/2017 01:31 PMPosted by MLGTactics

Lol that was the joke haha, it barely exists in the game. :)

As with any DPS other than 76.

Once meta always meta.
Yea. I never use it. TBH, I rarely use Mccree, but I roll him alot in MM and am surprised at how weak and worthless FTH is.
maybe it could nullify armor (so it would do the same damage to a regular hp character to armored character) anyways the only heroes that have armor (minus torb) is tank or a actual tank (get it, because bastion turns into a tank).
Nerfing FTH & adding Ana was how the tank meta began.

FTH 1.0 might actually be balanced now that Ana exists.
Well, it still has its uses. It might be the least used "ability" in the game. The only uses for it are using it after a flashbang when you can´t see the enemies head and to put more damage into barriers, so it is kinda usable against Reinhardts and Wintons shield. But Mcree is balanced, so there isn´t really a reason to change him.
I think it should be pin point accurate tbh, he's giving up his entire clip for extra damage so he's forced to reload afterwards.

Or at least the first shot should be pin point and each shot afterwards should be less and less accurate
02/16/2017 01:36 PMPosted by qbert

I actually pondered a few times on the fact that it could have potentially been one resolution or remedy (just a mental scenario) to the tank meta, FtH 1.0 could have been a viable counter to it. Especially now, with a hero limit and everyone mostly on the same page in terms of experience. When it was nerfed, there was no hero limit, it was done as an emergency nerf, and generally didn't occur as a result of reliable statistics since the game was still only two weeks old. Surely it was overpowered, but I believe it'd tell a different story in the present.
02/16/2017 01:39 PMPosted by NotMcCree
02/16/2017 01:36 PMPosted by qbert

I actually pondered a few times on the fact that it could have potentially been one resolution or remedy (just a mental scenario) to the tank meta, FtH 1.0 could have been a viable counter to it. Especially now, with a hero limit and everyone mostly on the same page in terms of experience. When it was nerfed, there was no hero limit, it was done as an emergency nerf, and generally didn't occur as a result of reliable statistics since the game was still only two weeks old. Surely it was overpowered, but I believe it'd tell a different story in the present.

One thing is definitely for sure now though .... the additional 0.3 seconds on FTH's reload time makes absolutely no sense right now.

They knee-jerk gutted FTH damage then increased the reload time in one patch because McCree was spamming FTH too much. Now FTH is nigh trash AND takes longer to reload. Reminds me of the DVa nerf; double-nerfs are never a wise move.
Jeff addressed himself that E + M2 is the way to go.

Too bad it doesn't !@#$ing work.
McCree should have old fth brought back. Just maybe with a bigger spread/recoil so it's only as powerful vs tanks.
Without it, he's just competing to fill the same role as Soldier so it'll always be one or the other is better and that'll be who gets used.
With it though they can fill different roles instead of being made irrelevant by the other.
02/16/2017 01:45 PMPosted by BigProf
McCree should have old fth brought back. Just maybe with a bigger spread/recoil so it's only as powerful vs tanks.
Without it, he's just competing to fill the same role as Soldier so it'll always be one or the other is better and that'll be who gets used.
With it though they can fill different roles instead of being made irrelevant by the other.

I don't think he should be competing at all with 76, McCree's intended role was anti-flanker and his original FtH took care of tanks as well as flankers. A bigger recoil and spread will only damage the mechanic further.
McCree's flashbang range should be increased to short/medium range rather than up-close. His kit relies solely on his flash + FTH/headshot combo, so increasing its range would help tremendously.

If I'm correct I think this change can be tested on the PTR Server Browser by increasing McCree's projectile speed.
02/16/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Flame8765
McCree's flashbang range should be increased to short/medium range rather than up-close. His kit relies solely on his flash + FTH/headshot combo, so increasing its range would help tremendously.

If I'm correct I think this change can be tested on the PTR Server Browser by increasing McCree's projectile speed.

Interesting