Mei and her ice wall

General Discussion
Just to start off I've have seen many of these pop up in front of your POV like its some kind of troll and I hate it to I one time played in a comp match and our OWN MEI blocked us from taking the objective and the time was running out quick and our team got defeated.

As a recommendation I kind of want to allow a lesser wall time that it is staying up to lower down how long it stays up for a better time to get on the objective or something like that I know you can shoot at it to break through but it seems redundant that your own teammate MEI is blocking you from the objective even in competitive.

feel free to give other recommendations instead if you want to
Bad Mei players shouldn't be the reason to nerf a character. Her wall time is fine. Ever get a good Mei player that drops a wall when someone else pops their ult? It's can be up for nearly the entire time of some ults and protect your team.

Keep in mind that when Mei puts a wall up using "E" she can press "E" again to remove the wall early.
02/13/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Krojack

Keep in mind that when Mei puts a wall up using "E" she can press "E" again to remove the wall early.

Unless she's dead.
Yep bad Mei players can have a large impact on the game. That sucks, but that's "the p0w3r of teh Wallz".

It can be used for good as well as evil, mostly evil...
02/13/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Krojack
Bad Mei players shouldn't be the reason to nerf a character. Her wall time is fine. Ever get a good Mei player that drops a wall when someone else pops their ult? It's can be up for nearly the entire time of some ults and protect your team.

but I find some other mei players don't use the e button
02/13/2017 02:30 PMPosted by Jörmungandr
Yep bad Mei players can have a large impact on the game. That sucks, but that's "the p0w3r of teh Wallz".

It can be used for good as well as evil, mostly evil...

true, alot of times on defense i put up the wall just for the fun of it. however, it does give people creative idea's on how to go around them, so somehow it can also be seen as passive training.

i was playing with a few friends, and we did training on how to fight mei properly. they have gotten much better at it. especially junk rat seems a very effective mei counter.
Simple solution: Wall can't be placed in spawn.
02/13/2017 02:49 PMPosted by CyMister

or cant be placed for the first 5 seconds when a match starts. with teams starting far away from eachother, its no use for it anyway.
02/13/2017 02:49 PMPosted by CyMister

not enough
Get better, play with better Mei's. That they're not good at playing the character they're playing is because no one at that level is good. If they were they'd be at a higher level, yourself included. You're a comp Hog main and ridiculously OP right now. That you aren't higher playing the best character probably means you would be mid silver if you played a balanced hero.

I think I've had 1 wall complaint in the last couple of months and it was from someone who didn't clue in that the wall had saved the team's lives which mattered more than them landing a bit more damage.
02/13/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Storm
Get better, play with better Mei's. That they're not good at playing the character they're playing is because no one at that level is good. If they were they'd be at a higher level, yourself included. You're a comp Hog main and ridiculously OP right now. That you aren't higher playing the best character probably means you would be mid silver if you played a balanced hero.

I think I've had 1 wall complaint in the last couple of months and it was from someone who didn't clue in that the wall had saved the team's lives which mattered more than them landing a bit more damage.

I've literally met a gold mei ranked in comp and she blocked us with a ice wall to get to the objective
I think it's just an irresistable temptation to many. If there's a Mei on your team it happens more often than not that she'll will trap the whole team in spawn for at least a second or two. I've never had one intentionally block a friendly capture, but I'd certainly believe that it has happened before. The character just appeals to the troll in people.
02/13/2017 03:22 PMPosted by ACorpse
I think it's just an irresistable temptation to many. If there's a Mei on your team it happens more often than not that she'll will trap the whole team in spawn for at least a second or two. I've never had one intentionally block a friendly capture, but I'd certainly believe that it has happened before. The character just appeals to the troll in people.
that's the point she has the ability to troll your own team rather or not she wants to