This has been an issue for months...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
02/16/2017 10:42 AMPosted by BadHorse
02/16/2017 10:15 AMPosted by LyraTheDrunk
I mean.. I get that it's cheap, but you can't ban them for playing during times when no one else is on but lower levels and solo queues.

They're exploiting the matchmaking system, game exploits are bannable offenses last I checked.

Not in Blizzard games.
People openly exploit bosses entire mechanics for world first kills on stream and don't get banned or lose their world first titles/achievements/glory/etc.
02/16/2017 06:33 PMPosted by Shiyo
02/16/2017 10:42 AMPosted by BadHorse

They're exploiting the matchmaking system, game exploits are bannable offenses last I checked.

Not in Blizzard games.
People openly exploit bosses entire mechanics for world first kills on stream and don't get banned or lose their world first titles/achievements/glory/etc.

Not so sure about that.

Take a look on what the Diablo 3 development team did back in January:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752660475
Allow me to play Devils Advocate.

How do you guys know that that time frame simply is the only time frame they all have together?

Hell I was on a HoTS five man team that only ranked after 2am one season because three of our people are night owls?

Is it really there fault that no one else with a simular rating is on when they are?
02/16/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Spaceduck
Allow me to play Devils Advocate.

How do you guys know that that time frame simply is the only time frame they all have together?

Hell I was on a HoTS five man team that only ranked after 2am one season because three of our people are night owls?

Is it really there fault that no one else with a simular rating is on when they are?

Unfortunately that is the exactly the point where opinions start to diverge.

I think we can all agree upon that the main fault here is the matchmaking system no doubts about it.
However I'm certain that internal logs can point out a pattern of when these users discovered how to exploit competitive matchmaking and for how long they have started behaving as night owls specifically to exploit consciously.
Symmetra has been a problem for months, yet they don't want to fix that either
Competitive solo queue would probably fix that. But hey, it's not April's fool yet so we have to wait on that announcement. Kappa
This is just disgusting and shameful. I see no difference to thsi and people who smurf at ranks like bronze (as a certain pro player who shall go unnamed did a while ago) to get easy wins. They are exploiting the game, and should receive some kind of ban or penalty for their actions (personally I would give them a full season ban for season 4). The argument that it's not their fault that they are being ranked with people so low is a bad one. They know what they are doing, and have been doing so for months.
Remember the Lucioball exploit? People received bans for that.
Remember the Mei ice wall glitch on Ecopoint Antarctica?
Again, people received bans.
I see no difference between those exploits and this. They should be punished.

A possible solution to limit this problem from happening in the future:
Perhaps limit six stacks to only playing against six stacks, with a maximum difference of 500 SR.

In addition, look at that Alexandre guy's stats: number 9 in US, a 97.32% win rate.
100% win rate with Bastion (42 games played)
99.04% win rate with Tracer (102 games played)
94.81% win rate with Soldier 76 (77 games played)
According to Overbuff, he is the number 1 player in the world for Bastion, number 1 player in the world for Tracer, and the number 10th player in the world for Soldier.

There is nothing "competitive" about this at all. He has manipulated the ranking system to give himself and his six-stack an unfair advantage since season 1, and should be punished accordingly.
Jeff : "Competitive is a joke folks , we are sorry if you take it seriously"
You can't BAN players simply for playing during the night. What a fascist mindset...

And please look up the term "exploit". You will be surprised :)
02/16/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Spectre
However I'm certain that internal logs can point out a pattern of when these users discovered how to exploit competitive matchmaking and for how long they have started behaving as night owls specifically to exploit consciously.

Afraid you'd still have no proof that circumstances for the team members hadn't just changed at that point and they could only play in the early morning.

I mean we know that it's almost certainly not the case, we know they're probably doing it intentionally to exploit the system, but at the end of the day there is nothing in the rules against only playing the game at a particular time of day each day, heck most players probably do that, and even though it's clear a lot of people hate them, being hated doesn't mean they deserve to be banned.
02/17/2017 04:50 AMPosted by Sol
You can't BAN players simply for playing during the night. What a fascist mindset...

And please look up the term "exploit". You will be surprised :)

Exploit- make use of a situation in a way considered unfair or underhand to gain an unfair advantage.

No, you can't ban them for playing at night, but if they've been abusing a broken system to get were they shouldn't be thy should definantly face a penalty of some kind. they've been doing this since season 1 for gods sake, to bully and !@#$ on people lower than them for easy elo.
02/16/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Spectre
'm pretty sure internal logs can prove otherwise. Hell... they even used them to tell who was exploiting the Mei wall glitch on 3v3. I'm certain they can tell if there was a pattern of exploiting behavior on this specific 6 man stack.

Are you sure because as i remembered Jeff told everyone that if they had prove of those who did it they should send int the video evidence. maybe i am wrong

You keep mentioning they can look at logs. Even if they did the system would honestly tell them that they didnt do anything wrong.

Here it what they would people are playing 6 stack which the game was intended to. They are playing on a server who have a smaller community. If they would mainly play on NA the connection would be bad and that would put them at a disadvantage.

They are 6 stacks that means they cue time is already one of the worst that is currently available. The waiting time could last from 5-10 mins that means after the limit has been reached it will try randomly make a match.

The actual time can never be an issue. Simply because its a game and not a real life commitments. Why is it their fault for choosing a certain time. How come its not the other peoples fault because they cue at the same time. Its your choice if you want to cue at the same time as them.

The only thing they could is reduce the winning streak points you can get after certain amount of wins or take it away.

However banning them for doing what? Legally they haven't done anything wrong its actually the opposite. This game is actually encouraged to play as a team because its a team game.

Its not even exploit its the simple fact that there are not enough people its not blizzard fault they can force people to play their game.
02/17/2017 05:20 AMPosted by Imposter
they've been abusing a broken system to get were they shouldn't be thy should definantly face a penalty of some kind.

They are using the system everyone uses. It is not perfect, but also far away from broken. Why are you so obsessed with penalizing them?
They technically could ban them, but I think they will opt to make an adjustment to the ranking system to not only stop them, but stop other similar incidents from happening in the long run. It makes more sense to fix the problem from ever happening rather than go after these guys.

Yes they are exploiting it, but they also have an easy fallback excuse, they will claim that is their preferred time to play. Sure they CAN ban them, but it's a dodgy ban that would ruffle some feathers (I'm sure that team has friends who have friends, you get the idea). It's bad for business man.
didn't you guys saw the news blizzard was changing things about that?
http://kotaku.com/how-blizzard-is-combating-south-koreas-overwatch-hackin-1792336428
I'll simply have to accept blizz really doesn't care about competitive. They have been doing this since S1 and theres a lot of people complaining about this exploit and so far we have no answer from blizz.

I (high plat) already played against them four times and now I don't queue in the morning anymore.
We are working on this now. Scott is going to post a blog soon explaining some changes. Thanks for the concern.

(also, going to edit your post title to conform with forum guidelines)
Highly Rated
02/17/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We are working on this now. Scott is going to post a blog soon explaining some changes. Thanks for the concern.

Daddy Jeff \:o/
02/17/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Thank you! This is great and you guys do a great job responding to the community (despite all the complaining).
YES! WRESTLE EM JEFF! WRESTLE EMMMMMMMM