Gatling Gun Dude™

General Discussion
In the cinematic "Hero", one of the gang members pulls out a giant gatling gun and starts unloading on Soldier 76.

It makes me realize: We don't have a big gatling gun toting hero in Overwatch. Bastion kinda counts, I guess, but it's not the same.

Any chance Gatling Gun Dude™ somehow survived the Helix Rockets and will show up to light everything up with a big gun?

...How is he even carrying that thing? The gun is like twice the size of the guy.
Reminds me of Montana from Battleborn.

*dives for cover*
um... Bastion?
Sandvich make you STRONG!
02/16/2017 01:00 PMPosted by LASERPEWPEW
um... Bastion?
he means like a carbon copy of tf2's heavy.
02/16/2017 12:57 PMPosted by rscnyx
Any chance Gatling Gun Dude™ somehow survived the Helix Rockets and will show up to light everything up with a big gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0

first Hazmat Man and now this

I'm watching all the Meet The Team videos today.
02/16/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Terranguard
um... Bastion?
he means like a carbon copy of tf2's heavy.

Zarya though.
02/16/2017 01:03 PMPosted by demstouts
02/16/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Terranguard
...he means like a carbon copy of tf2's heavy.

Zarya though.

Who is a woman, doesn't use a gatling gun, and can sound coherent.

Not even close to Heavy.
How about we make bastions sentry gun sound like the gun in the cinematic? It sounded f*cking amazing and I want it, also last bastion used the same sound when those 'nam flashbacks kicked in
Blizzard says "We're working on heroes" maybe they'll release more than just 1 this time lol, off topic but w/e
02/16/2017 01:05 PMPosted by JAG
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Zarya though.

Who is a woman, doesn't use a gatling gun, and can sound coherent.

Not even close to Heavy.

Was referring more to the way both hold their gun in a similar fashion, the fact that both are russian, both excel at medium range combat and that both are tanks. Just because they have different genders it doesn't mean they aren't similar.

Same similarities can be said for mei/pyro and scout/tracer.
um... Bastion?

It's not the same. It's more or less a stationary turret. You're not slowly moving forward, dumping a huge amount of bullets on anything unfortunate enough to be in your way.

Gatling guns and chainguns are always my favorite weapons in FPS games. The Chaingun from Unreal Tournament 2004 was my favorite weapon (Flak Cannon a close second).

Lugging a gun like that around makes you feel awesome, even if you're not performing the best.

One day, hopefully, Gatling Gun Dude™ (Or Dudette™) will make an appearance.

02/16/2017 01:02 PMPosted by SkyeSharpe

Oh man, I haven't watched these in so long. They're still really good to this day.
Not going to lie, every time someone calls a rotating cannon/mini gun a "gatling gun" it bugs me. A gatling gun was invented just before the start of the American Civil War, and was purely mechanical with a hand crank to fire it. A ratating cannon/mini gun is electrical and what the guy was actually wielding.

Anyways, do we really need a character that uses a mini gun? (other than Bastion of course)
Bah, I always get the technicalities wrong. I always do that with magazine/clips.

Whatever, big gun that shoots a lot of bullets. It's cool.

Do we need one? Not really, but I believe if it happened, Blizzard would know of a way to make it fun.
D.Va? Slowly moving forward with rotating barrel guns

02/16/2017 01:22 PMPosted by rscnyx
um... Bastion?

It's not the same. It's more or less a stationary turret. You're not slowly moving forward, dumping a huge amount of bullets on anything unfortunate enough to be in your way.

Gatling guns and chainguns are always my favorite weapons in FPS games. The Chaingun from Unreal Tournament 2004 was my favorite weapon (Flak Cannon a close second).

Lugging a gun like that around makes you feel awesome, even if you're not performing the best.

One day, hopefully, Gatling Gun Dude™ (Or Dudette™) will make an appearance.

02/16/2017 01:02 PMPosted by SkyeSharpe

Oh man, I haven't watched these in so long. They're still really good to this day.
I'd say D.Va is the closest to it, and I do like mechs.

Just wish the Fusion Cannons had meatier sound. They sound like toy guns you'd buy for a buck.
How does he carry it? Well, this is a fictional universe made up of nothing but figments of someone's imagination so...
he got healed by a medic in volskaya
the dude learned russian Accent
he ate sandvich for rest of his life
he became fat
he now calls himself "heavy"
02/16/2017 12:59 PMPosted by AlmightyLoaf
Reminds me of Montana from Battleborn.

*dives for cover*

Great game ruined by bad developers.