custom game option suggestion: edit clip size

General Discussion
Highly Rated
would it be cool if we could edit heroes' clip sizes? example: soldier's gun can be edited to have 40 bullets (or even infinite) instead of the normal 25.
maybe also allow us to edit bullet speed/spread? like make mercy's pistol bullets travel faster.
edit: also, maybe allow us to choose to start d.va off mechless??
This. This is an amazing idea. We'd also need the ability to edit the speed and size of Roadhog's hook!
Most agree on the clips size setting, but isn't there already a projectil speed setting?
02/17/2017 09:06 AMPosted by mesmero
Most agree on the clips size setting, but isn't there already a projectil speed setting?
sadly, it doesn't change the speed at which some bullets move (mercy's pistol, d.va's light gun)
And reload speed
These are great ideas. We hope to get to some of these features soon.

The next hero options we're working on are some of the missing alternate fire abilities. We're also working on allowing you to disable primary weapons and melee attacks.

But these are cool ideas. We'll keep note. Feel free to add more.
With the new updates to custom game lobby it looks like they're making lobby settings more modularized.

Maybe we can see some more of these features coming out. I would personally like to be able to place and modify AI behaviour a lil bit. Maybe a waypoint system.
Highly Rated
02/17/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

The next hero options we're working on are some of the missing alternate fire abilities. We're also working on allowing you to disable primary weapons and melee attacks.

THANK YOU DADDY JEFF

Papa Kaplan is on a roll today! :D

yAY HELPING
How about being able to edit everything speed faster walking, higher jumps, faster crouching, or being able to toggle crouching for everyone. That would be hilarious. I haven't played the PTR yet, so forgive me if these things are already in.
Does this mean we'll be able to submit complete "this is how I want Overwatch to be balanced" rules to Blizzard for review?

Will this finally spell the end for forum threads with insane buff/nerf suggestions?

Jeff please do this. Zero gravity (Or we can modify gravity)

Edit: OP can you please add my suggestion on your first post?
Sorry for hijacking this but, would be nice to have an easier way too enable/disable things by group of maps. For example:

I would like to disable hanzo/widow on all c2p maps but only on attacker teams.
Change the quantity of dps/tankers/healers per group of maps.

Atm I need to edit map per map and these options are really limited.

okay here's my idea. rubber bullets.

You got it:
  • Value boxes next the current "multiplier" sliders (e.g., cooldowns have a box for approx. seconds)
  • Separate health, armor and shield sliders for heroes as an optional alternative to the total health slider
  • Ability to set projectile speed to less than base (can currently only increase it)
  • Enable/disable passive abilities
  • "Advanced" or more detailed ability customization options unique to each ability (e.g., bullet spread, explosion radius, pellets-per-shot, clip size, firing rate, healing-per-shot, damage-per-shot/pellet, knockback, projectile speed, resource recharge speed, total resource capacity, barrier health, range, stat bonus amount, duration, cooldown, damage falloff range, etc.)
What about disabling regular weapons? I want a torb hammer only battle
I'm pretty sure a LOT of people have said this already, but a way to make your own custom maps for servers would be cool

Don't know how that would be implemented, but it would still be cool nonetheless.

Also an all server chat would also be nice. As well as an increased player cap on both teams, or at least an option to increase that.
This may or may not be possible, but I think it would be hilarious to be able to set it so when you pick a hero, you get random hero abilities. I know the animations would be weird, but I also think it would be funny to see a flying Roadhog, or Zenyatta with Reinhardt's shield ability, etc. Imagine the possibilities and the hilariousness that would take place.
It would be great to be able to adjust effects associated with different parts of actions:
'take self damage during 76's Sprint'
'gain enemy damage reduction during sprint'
'deals damage you have taken during this sprint to enemies as an aoe when you stop sprint'
'disables sprint for x seconds, where x is altered by how many players were hit by the aoe'
'enable Sombra/Mercy to hack/damage boost and shoot simultaneously'
'press Winston shield barrier button after it is deployed to cause the shield to explode and apply movespeed slow to enemies / Zenyatta healing orb to allies within x radius'

or if those are rather beyond the scope of what you're planning to tackle right now:
'Roadhog's hook can only land as a headshot'
'turn off Torb / Sym turret damage'
'turret damage cannot interrupt hack'
'set minimum damage threshold to interrupt Sombra's hack/camo'
'melee applies status effect: movespeed increase/decrease, force reload, nanoboost, apply Mercy damage boost to self / to teammate'
The next hero options we're working on are some of the missing alternate fire abilities.
Im having a brain fart, what do you mean by this?

Is this a custom game thing or are you referring to adding alt fires to heroes who don't have them, like Reaper?