Why has the most played arcade label been removed?

General Discussion
I like to see how the community reacts to the different arcade modes
Yeah, noticed it too, they should bring it back.
I noticed this as well. Was this intended or a bug that came in with Lunar New Year event?
02/03/2017 08:09 AMPosted by LaurenceR
I noticed this as well. Was this intended or a bug that came in with Lunar New Year event?

I don't think that is a bug because they have made some changes to ui with this patch
Probably because it prevents people from queuing for the other game modes when they see nobody is playing. I know it influenced my choices.
It was influencing players' choices in what mode to queue for.
I wonder how accurately it reported. AWS doesn't seem to accurately track queue times, so if they're getting data from AWS that doesn't jive with what the client is reporting they may have just scrapped it.
02/03/2017 08:28 AMPosted by KaynoMaybe
Probably because it prevents people from queuing for the other game modes when they see nobody is playing. I know it influenced my choices.

Most likely this.
However it kinda sux that now I have to waste time before finding out if a mode is played or not.
02/03/2017 08:34 AMPosted by JAG
I wonder how accurately it reported. AWS doesn't seem to accurately track queue times, so if they're getting data from AWS that doesn't jive with what the client is reporting they may have just scrapped it.

The queue isn't really a queue where you get in line and wait for your turn. It's not a "first-come, first-served" system. If it were, queue times would be instantaneous for everyone due to the sheer number of players.

The delay is simply the matchmaker system trying hard to balance the three needs for a 12-player match:

-Close to 50% win chance for both sides.
-Low ping for everyone.
-Short queue times.

This is a difficult combination to achieve, so they have to sacrifice on queue times to go for the other two.
We removed the system because we didn't feel like it was adding much value and we were trying to reduce UI clutter.

Currently, the most played mode is Capture the Rooster. Capture the Rooster is also the highest volume Arcade mode we've ever had. Other popular modes were 3v3 Elimination and Winter Mystery Heroes.
02/03/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We removed the system because we didn't feel like it was adding much value and we were trying to reduce UI clutter.

Currently, the most played mode is Capture the Rooster. Capture the Rooster is also the highest volume Arcade mode we've ever had. Other popular modes were 3v3 Elimination and Winter Mystery Heroes.

I love Capture the Rooster! All I play is arcade nowadays and I'm on Capture the Rooster 90-95% of the time.

Capture the Rooster is by far my favorite game mode. I'd absolutely love to see Capture the Flag turned in to a real game mode that could be introduced with more maps and eventually put in to competitive as well. My favorite part is that is helps non-meta heroes like Winston, Sombra, and Torbjorn be extremely viable. Plus it's a completely different style of play that doesn't revolve around team fights. I love it.
Winter mystery had to compete with Mei Brawl and I feel there was no competition there..

Comment on Genji

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752397112#post-1
02/03/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Szandra
02/03/2017 08:34 AMPosted by JAG

The queue isn't really a queue where you get in line and wait for your turn. It's not a "first-come, first-served" system. If it were, queue times would be instantaneous for everyone due to the sheer number of players.

The delay is simply the matchmaker system trying hard to balance the three needs for a 12-player match:

-Close to 50% win chance for both sides.
-Low ping for everyone.
-Short queue times.

This is a difficult combination to achieve, so they have to sacrifice on queue times to go for the other two.

My point is the "average" queue time. It doesn't just have to do that for me, it does that for everyone. Therefore it should still have an idea of what the average queue time is given those parameters, but frequently finds itself wildly inaccurate in a scale of minutes.

Hey Jeff how about you remove roadhog and ana from this game ? So we can actually finally enjoy the game or do something about them and instead of nerfing heros who are already useless like hanzo widow mcree mercy try buffing them.no ? The whole forum is about roadhog and you aint doing anything about it. Instead you reply to posts that nobody really care about. Thanks Jeff and send thanks to the person who came with the idea of Ana that changed the games name to Metawatch !
02/03/2017 08:57 AMPosted by bls

I love Capture the Rooster! All I play is arcade nowadays and I'm on Capture the Rooster 90-95% of the time.

I agree, CTF in arcade mode is my favorite to play atm. I wish there was a way to track my stats in arcade matches like there is for QP and Comp.
02/03/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Yoro

Hey Jeff how about you remove roadhog and ana from this game ? So we can actually finally enjoy the game or do something about them and instead of nerfing heros who are already useless like hanzo widow mcree mercy try buffing them.no ? The whole forum is ablut roadhog and you aint doing anything about it. Instead you reply to posts that nobody really care about. Thanks Jeff and send thanks to the person who came with the idea with Ana !
Your main got nerfed and your reaction is to remove other heros from the game? Are you a baby?
02/03/2017 09:00 AMPosted by rurubecky

Comment on Genji

Please don't hijack threads just because they have a blue post.
02/03/2017 09:00 AMPosted by rurubecky

Comment on Genji

I second this