Rework Winstons Primal Rage

General Discussion
I think I have a cool idea for winstons Primal Rage. What if he can actually charge his punch in Primal Rage just like Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros (N64). And make more damage and maybe punch the enemy further away.

For everyone who dont know what im talking about..
Random DK YT- Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5-gzk1GOpU
or just give him more damage and the ability to pop a shield down.
he's literally the least threatening when he's in primal rage. he's a big target, his attack does less damage while also knocking them out of his range, and he cannot put down a shield.
he needs to be more threatening, and If your idea makes his punches do more damage then i think that'd be a pretty good idea.
Winston's ult is fine.
Just add more damage. He's a gorilla for fuck's sake, he shouldn't be tickling me to death.
It heals him from 1hp to 1,000 and gives him the highest mobility in the game. They don't need to buff it just because it doesn't team kill.
His ult isn't bad. It pairs poorly with other ultimates and its low DPS means that you won't get much glory from it, but it forces focus fire from the enemy team and can clear people off of the objective pretty effectively.
You guys dont understand the point of his ult.. I will clarify it for you... The point of the ult is 2 fold and his ult is fine. His shield on the other hand....
1). you can use it to save your !@#.. so if you are getting rekt, you can pop it and give yourself an instant 1k hp. This is useful everywhere.
2). Control points. You can use his ult to knock enemy players off a point. The ult isnt designed to kill targets. Its a very effective knockback... SO if you are trying to take a control point in OT, you can jump in with Winny, pop PR and knock everyone off to secure the win. Ive done this countless times and that is what its designed for.

Winston isnt a DPS character, he is a skirmisher and backline harasser. If you are still confused on how to use him, simply google MIRO WINSTON play.
i love winston but hes so under powered, why would i want to play him when i can choose someone else who will get his job done more efficiently?
also at this point..his ult just feels like an HP boost you use before you die.
Primal Rage is fine.

The point of it is not to actually kill people. It's a big "I'M OVER HERE, SHOOT ME" sign that gives him the ability to absorb ridiculous amounts of punishment, and with lowering the CD on his jet pack, makes him a surprisingly hard target to hit.

You're a distraction and disruption tool. Not particularly dangerous, but with you smashing everyone in every direction and jumping around, you're next to impossible to ignore while your team cleans up.

If you think it's weak, you're using it wrong.
I just said more damage because if you charge your punch you gonna make sometime no damge in primale rage but then punnish them harder.
just think about it:
if you jump in the air and charge the punch and then you land close to someone you release it. Not to make is ult deal more damage to make it more effektiv.
I think I have a cool idea for winstons Primal Rage. What if he can actually charge his punch in Primal Rage just like Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros (N64). And make more damage and maybe punch the enemy further away.

Sorry they are saving that for doomfist.

For everyone who dont know what im talking about..
Random DK YT- Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5-gzk1GOpU
02/25/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Alowynn
Winston's ult is fine.

can u say why at least? and why all the dislikes?
https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/SparklingKangarooWholeWheat

Miro disagrees
Primal rage should have some reworking. I mean, if Blizzard thinks Symmetra, a "support", needs the ability to melt people in a matter of seconds, then Winston, a tank (albeit one that's more suited to harassing than holding down an objective), should have an ult that has a bit more of a kick to it. Yes, you get massive amounts of health and your jump-pack cools down almost instantly, and yeah, knockback is effective in overtime, but that's about it. Sure, if you can knock people into a corner, or off a ledge, its one of the most devastating ults in the game. But that only works on a handful of map objectives, and other than that, you're just a big, jumping gorilla.

Winston's ult needs to do more damage because right now, its too situational. And i know that can be argued for most, if not all ults, but for Winston it is especially true. Unless the majority of the enemy team is bunched up near a corner or a ledge, your not going to get many kills, and sadly, most maps objectives, with exceptions like Nepal and Hanamura, are just to open to find this type of situation enough for it to be useful
Yes make Miro.... I mean winston stronger
My experience has been that his Primal Rage isn't going to kill anyone unless you can knock them off the map or they are REALLY low on health. It doesn't play well with other ults, either.

A bit useless, IMO...
02/25/2017 08:44 PMPosted by Dk0405
02/25/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Alowynn
Winston's ult is fine.

can u say why at least? and why all the dislikes?

Certainly.

As someone who has played over 100 hours of Winston, I have some experience with how to play him effectively. One of the key components of playing Winston is that you are usually the one who initiates an engagement with the other team, giving your team enough space to dive the enemy team.

When you engage as Winston, you are almost always focus fired immediately. This is negated by proper support from your healers (either Ana or Zenyatta since Lucio's healing is too low and Mercy diving in with a Winston can spell sudden death for your Mercy), protection granted from your Zarya's projected barrier, and your own shield. This provides extra time needed to do significant damage to high-priority targets (usually their healers) and allowing your Genji and Tracer to come in and do some quick cleanup.

However, things don't always go swimmingly for Winston, as he may engage in a bad spot, get outplayed vs abilities he wants to bait out (such as flash bang, sleep dart, and hog hook), or the team did not engage quickly enough or in a manner that was effective, leading to one dead Winston.

Having Primal Rage available can provide the Winston with insurance, allowing him to play more aggressively. If he gets caught by some CC or otherwise takes too much damage, popping Primal Rage allows him a second wind while his team handles the rest.

More than just acting as insurance, however, the Primal Rage ability is also very effective mid-battle because much like Dva's Defense Matrix, it is able to deny other heroes value in a team fight. A great example of this is that a Winston, using Primal Rage, juggles an Ana away from the fight, often able to kill her if he's good enough at aiming his leaps, and even without being able to kill her, the entire time she's being bounced back and forth, her team isn't getting any healing, except possibly from Lucio, but I've already kind of touched on the fact that his healing is negligible in team fights.

In other circumstances, a Winston might choose to take a Reaper out of the fight, a Reinhardt, a Soldier, a McCree, or any other target that relies heavily on hitting shots on targets or being in a good position.

In general, a Winston can scatter a whole enemy deathball, forcing players to fight in a position that is less favorable to them and creating easier kills for his team.

Anyone that overlooks these things probably hasn't played enough Winston and is thinking too narrowly about how each hero's mechanics stack up in a 1v1, which in a proper game of Overwatch, should never be the case because engaging the enemy team as a full team is always the most optimal strategy.