Sombra changes (consider 1 important missing change)

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Highly Rated
After trying out the Sombra changes it makes her more active into the fight when recovering!

This is a really good step towards making her feel smooth.
However, she is missing 1 key factor that will make her feel her presence for her own team.

Here is the link (has over 630+ upvotes) that describes the primary change that she is missing, after implementing the suggestion and fixing some bugs she will be the perfectly complete offense support hero that you guys envisioned. Do consider reading the original thread for reasoning.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752578457?page=1

To summerize the link: It mentions how you guys need to allow her hacked health packs become visible through walls for her teammates. as of now it is a chore having to call out the healthpacks. Even when they are called out they still dont get used because the team is too focused on the fight.

This is a needed change that you guys must implement, at least consider this idea.
I agree that there needs to be some kind of symbol for hacked health packs but I also think the one key factor they have yet to touch yet is her gun, I think it needs a tweek
03/07/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Red
I agree that there needs to be some kind of symbol for hacked health packs but I also think the one key factor they have yet to touch yet is her gun, I think it needs a tweek

I know ill get downvoted and i probably shouldnt even say this because idiots might even downvote the original post rather than this specific reply. but screw it ill say it.

In my most honest opinion, her gun is perfectly fine, just like reapers gun is designed to be close combat. Her gun is designed to be close ranged, although you dont really have to be exagerrattingly (a real word? lol) close. Sombras gun can be still effective at 15 meters which is medium range by my standards, or as far as your hack can reach.

It just takes practice to improve your track aiming, after you get better youll find your self destroying people!
Now i played like around 5 matches with her on the PTR and i have to say especially her cooldown buff feels very good and makes her gameplay more fluid. You have to play less of a waiting game as expected before you can engage battle again, that is great. Now however, i do think she still needs just a little bit of tweaking to get in a good spot. If her delay going into stealth would be reduced she could use it as an escape option and give translocator mor utility than just an out of jail button. This way you could be constantly on the move and contribute for the team. As she is now she only farms Ult charge, just to pop her Ult for the great impact. Thats too onedimensional. Let her do more stuff than hack healthpack, set up translocator stealth in, harass a bit and translocator out.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753556683
Really good change, especially now that she does not shout when she de-cloaks. Can actually sneak up, hack and kill ana now!
As she is now she only farms Ult charge, just to pop her Ult for the great impact. Thats too onedimensional. Let her do more stuff than hack healthpack, set up translocator stealth in, harass a bit and translocator out.

This! So much..
It's kind of a problem to me that they're so focused on keeping to design her as "nothing-but-a-disruptor", so Sombra is just the EMP-Btch most of the time :(
They need to have her invincible when invisible like Reaper when he teleports. I've gone invisible with her and still been picked off.
You have to consider what this brings along with it. If your team can see your Hacked health packs, you can also be sure they're going to have an opinion of it. I'd rather have players be confused as to what Sombra is doing, then them seeing her as some kind of healer. I can just imagine the chat text now: "Dude, why didn't you Hack that one health pack near the point?", "Sombra, Hack the health pack next to me, I need healing", "We would have won this if only Sombra would keep the health packs hacked", and so on. Hacking health packs is a bonus, it's not a primary role. This will change that.
03/07/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Deykar
Now i played like around 5 matches with her on the PTR and i have to say especially her cooldown buff feels very good and makes her gameplay more fluid. You have to play less of a waiting game as expected before you can engage battle again, that is great. Now however, i do think she still needs just a little bit of tweaking to get in a good spot. If her delay going into stealth would be reduced she could use it as an escape option and give translocator mor utility than just an out of jail button. This way you could be constantly on the move and contribute for the team. As she is now she only farms Ult charge, just to pop her Ult for the great impact. Thats too onedimensional. Let her do more stuff than hack healthpack, set up translocator stealth in, harass a bit and translocator out.

Why does she need 2 escapes? The cooldown on translocator is now so short that if you get killed without using it to escape, you would have died anyway.

Sombra doesn't need any more buffs after this one, in fact I almost think that this might be too much.
I'd like the ability to cancel the reload animation and hack, I'd like to not die after I have translocated, and I would like to be able to act immediately out of stealth.
03/07/2017 03:51 PMPosted by Darth
03/07/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Deykar

Why does she need 2 escapes? The cooldown on translocator is now so short that if you get killed without using it to escape, you would have died anyway.

Sombra doesn't need any more buffs after this one, in fact I almost think that this might be too much.

It still isnt too much at all. She still struggles to kill enemies, she still struggles to get high value out of her hack aside from using EMP. The main thing this patch does is that she has to spend less time waiting for her cooldown so she can contribute to the team fight again.
We're going to try this next PTR update. Let us know how it feels (both as the Sombra and just as a random teammate)
Highly Rated
03/07/2017 04:38 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
We're going to try this next PTR update. Let us know how it feels (both as the Sombra and just as a random teammate)

OMG FINALLY IT TOOK 600+ UPVOTES BUT ITS FINALLY HERE JESUS CRHIST.

Can we get bug fixes too? Please c:
Highly Rated

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess its time to main sombra now.
Highly Rated

Since Blizz is immune, upvote or downvote me.

(I play lots of Sombra, and I like this change ;) )

Wow, thanks a lot! I'm not a Sombra player, really, but this would be a huge quality of life update for her teams. Fantastic.

oh goody

That's good to hear. Is there any chance we can other objects like Symmetra Teleport/Shield gen and Torb turret visible through walls? It helps a lot when I'm trying to assist our Symmetra with defending her ult and I can't see it so I have to stop and ask Symmetra where it is.
Oh bravo