Zen though!

General Discussion
It´s nice from Geoff to give an awnser to the Ana changes and while I disagree with his views on it I am more invested in Zen.
Barrierwatch is coming and honestly, dive seems like the only way too counter that. So why was the Zen change reverted, was it too strong or is there a completetly other reason? Maybe a future hero being good against barriers or just making Sombra more needed?
I'd like to actually know the explanation too.

I feel sorry for Zenyatta, he is such a patient man.
Since the Ana nerf isn't going to end her self heal; keep the Zen buff.
If they buff Zen than Ana might not be played as much. Geoff no like dat :(
You know who counters every barrier in about five seconds by himself?

Bastion.

Which hero did they buff and then nerf that can counter barriers, even before Orisa was revealed?

Bastion.
I think it's cause dive comp will be waaay too strong. It will probably be the 100% strategy which doesn't sound fair?

However though, Zen's no spread is amazing on alt fire. I can snipe widows, hanzos and skinny heroes. On live I kill pharahs consistently, with this spread removed it be even easier.
I did not even play much with Zen, but I was eager to see how it would change the way I play.
03/08/2017 07:03 PMPosted by Echo
You know who counters every barrier in about five seconds by himself?

Bastion.

Which hero did they buff and then nerf that can counter barriers, even before Orisa was revealed?

Bastion.

Yeah, but then it is protecting your Bastion with barriers to get down the enemy barriers. Still Barrierwatch.
I would rather have the original change to send orb than the reduced spread. With all of these damn shields it was going to be awesome to pop that discord on a backline hero. Alas no love for Zen.
I'm glad they didn't butcher Ana's self-sustain (though I'd have been fine with seeing the anti-heal weakened a bit; Ana would be in a much better place if she wasn't a direct counter to every hero competing for her spot), but the Zenyatta change getting pulled back too confuses me. I guess it's because they didn't want to kill Orisa's viability before she even went live, but I do think Zenyatta could use something, at least as long as he effectively has no ultimate.