How many people play Rein cause they enjoy him?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I've come to enjoy playing Rein, something about smashing things with a rocket hammer and laughing at bullets attempting to eat through my shield is novel. That and charging enemy Reinhardts on sight in QP...
I like to play Rein. But not EVERY... SINGLE... GAME... XD
It's very tiresome when you never get a chance to play other characters because everyone expects you to go Rein. Thanks, career profile. Thanks a lot.

I don't actually end up playing him 100% of the time to be fair, but the nights that I do.... ugh. Not that fun after a while.
Sometimes I play Reinahrdt, but I do it only because I love solo ulting people and killing things I don't even see on my screen because I'm jumping around and holding down M1.

The whole barrier business is a major bore.
I find him really boring to play (compared to the rest of the cast) but mansatory.
After about a 100 hours playing him, I can comfortably say that I do enjoy playing Rein. Of course, most of the fun comes from my play-style as I'm a very aggressive Rein.
I love playing rein but your dependant on the rest of your team to be effective.

If only other heroes were the same
I used to, but over time it got a bit stale and I started to pick more and more for pragmatism; I don't play him so much anymore. He's definitely not got a long shelf life on enjoyability. Especially when the Red Team have a Pharah. He's over-dependent on his team, who if they're not using him as an anchor, then it's just not worth playing him.
Only if I'm playing with 2 other friends, I can trust them to stay behind me and tell me when they're ready to push. I do like his character though, just wish he wasn't the "if you wanna push/defend this choke you better have this pick" character
No. I playd him rarely and always get annoyed about people not using the shield. So I essentially stopped play rein, only Zarya and D.VA now. Being a shield bot that people are not even using is annoying. It also made me appreciate that there are a lot of bad supports in plat, especially Ana's.
I enjoy playing Rein, but I do need breaks from him at times.
I love German engineering. I almost never pick him because other heroes become more of a necessity to the team. Especially if the other group has Reinhardt, then Roadhog comes into play moreso than usual.

The opposite is true as well. Anytime there's a Roadhog in play, it becomes counterproductive to play Reinhardt. Even with recent nerfs, Roadhog is still viable and still being played by a lot of people.
I enjoy rein, but i suck at aiming so using fire strike is useless for me
03/06/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Jessicka
I used to, but over time it got a bit stale and I started to pick more and more for pragmatism; I don't play him so much anymore. He's definitely not got a long shelf life on enjoyability. Especially when the Red Team have a Pharah. He's over-dependent on his team, who if they're not using him as an anchor, then it's just not worth playing him.

That's how I feel as well. I don't mind being that big blue shield to hide behind for my team, but when it's only healers behind me and a hog or tracer is constantly hooking / shooting myself and the healers while dps are off doing w/e he's not fun to play. When that happens I tend to go Zarya or Hog myself as at least then I can shield the healers or hook any targets that go on them. Playing Reinhardt is very similar to playing any support, it feels great when your team is around you and keeping an eye on you, but when they leave you alone you feel helpless.
Rein main here. Made it finally to low Masters last season almost exclusively playing Rein.

I didn't used to enjoy it but when I realized how intricate it actually can be to play him well and how he absolutely carries the team it changed my mind.

A good Rein can bait and block hog hooks, make calls for the team, pretend to fire strike to bait an enemy Rein shatter and then play mind games to land a shatter of your own.

Not to mention it's a lot of fun to bash people with your hammer.

I legitimately enjoy playing Rein
*raises hammer*

I thoroughly enjoy playing Reinhardt, but then again I play him a little more aggressively than the typical "hold shield in front of Bastion" Reinhardt. However, I don't play him so aggressively to the point of forsaking my teammates and leaving them exposed to danger. I protect my team, but I probably spend maybe 30% of the match with the shield up. If I played COMP, I might play a little more defensively, but since I prefer the more laid-back feeling of QP, I have a little more freedom in my playstyle.
I play rein because I enjoy him because he's one of the only hero's I'm good at and because I don't really have to worry about the meta when I'm a rein main xd
I enjoy playing him. I do like his ability set and role quite a bit, but find him especially useful because he can control the flow of battle to a degree when playing with randoms. If the team is remotely competent they will follow my lead when I press "group up" or start an advance/retreat. Unfortunately he becomes a drag to play when your team doesn't support you in which case I prefer D.Va so that I can be proactive in boosting to an out of position ally and use DM to save their bacon.
I am a Rein main and I main him because I enjoy playing him.

It is fun to protect your teammates as well as smashing the enemy with a giant hammer.

And you can't dislike his personality.
03/06/2017 12:48 PMPosted by minevictor14
I am a Rein main and I main him because I enjoy playing him.

It is fun to protect your teammates as well as smashing the enemy with a giant hammer.

And you can't dislike his personality.
Agreed. Half the reason I love him so much is because of his voice acting.
I was born to Rein :) Been Reinhardt main since the release.
I remember first seeing Reinhardt in the first trailer i saw. I knew INSTANTLY that i was going to be a Reinmain. It is the best character ever created